Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited September 2018
    johnl said:
    I'm now on holiday and keep going back to this thread just to look at photos of my R8 whilst I'm away. The good news is that I've finally found true love; my fiance is less enthused about the whole thing though.....
    "Come and see the R8 you would have won!"

Nice... although I'm not keen on that big line down the middle. :)
    16reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Is this an early flipping I wonder? How does one tell if a 2017 R8 is from the special offer run or from the earlier higher priced ones? Or are they the same anyway?!  :)

https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/gibson-custom-shop-historic-58-les-paul-standard-lpr8/1311917879

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Is this an early flipping I wonder? How does one tell if a 2017 R8 is from the special offer run or from the earlier higher priced ones? Or are they the same anyway?!  :)

https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/gibson-custom-shop-historic-58-les-paul-standard-lpr8/1311917879

Looks like one of the current onslaught, but his comes with a yellow duster which I didn’t get :(
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1399
    If it’s 2017 it must have come from the same batch. But he may have genuinely paid a much higher price for it...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    As far as I know a 2017 is a 2017, regardless of price, and given it has the Dunlop polish and cloth that Peach supplied I think it’s fair to assume it was bought from them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Looks like a Peach model as it's come with the Dunlop polish pack. Obviously we will never know if it was purchased in the new deal or not like. 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• mortmort Frets: 709
    JerkMoans said:
    Is this an early flipping I wonder? How does one tell if a 2017 R8 is from the special offer run or from the earlier higher priced ones? Or are they the same anyway?!  :)

Looks like one of the current onslaught, but his comes with a yellow duster which I didn’t get :(
    Yes, that’s one of the batch definitely - and it’s from Peach because the complimentary Dunlop polish and cloth are still in the case compartment!
  • hyperben said:
    If it’s 2017 it must have come from the same batch. But he may have genuinely paid a much higher price for it...
    I think he must have paid full price as it seems like quite a lot of hassle to flip for maybe £100 -£150 after discount. I am expecting the flippers who think they are one step ahead of the rest of the internet to put an extra £800 -£1000 on one of these 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Twinfan said:
    hootsmon said:
    two questions for y'all

have we seen the last of the 2.5k lemon tops?

and what price can we expect the 2019 58s to be?
    Yes I believe so, and there are 2018s about at £4k+.

e.g. https://www.coda-music.com/electric-guitars/gibson-custom-2018-58-vos-les-paul-honey-lemon-fade-88480.html
    2019's will be pretty much the same as the 18's I believe as they've only just started shipping these...We've got the 18's on a dael for a couple of days as we're matching someone elses price at £3299..and making bugger all on them!
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3432
    edited September 2018
    Playing mine into some Dirty Shirley and Victory V50 profiles on the Kemper and just wow! I love this guitar.

It just oozes vintage and classic rock/blues. I can't believe how different it is from my 2017 Standard, they're honestly like two opposite ends of the spectrum, which is obviously great for me.

Excuse the ugly join line on the Standard ;-)

Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1844
    DougCoda said:
    Twinfan said:
    hootsmon said:
    two questions for y'all

have we seen the last of the 2.5k lemon tops?

and what price can we expect the 2019 58s to be?
    Yes I believe so, and there are 2018s about at £4k+.

e.g. https://www.coda-music.com/electric-guitars/gibson-custom-2018-58-vos-les-paul-honey-lemon-fade-88480.html
    2019's will be pretty much the same as the 18's I believe as they've only just started shipping these...We've got the 18's on a dael for a couple of days as we're matching someone elses price at £3299..and making bugger all on them!
    If I was still in the market for one of these I’d be sorely tempted by this beauty....
    https://www.coda-music.com/gibson-custom-historic-58-les-paul-standard-gloss-royal-teaburst-88115.html
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8170
    I don't think the Gumtree seller is a 'flipper'. Flipper suggests trying to make money and if he has it on at £2795, he's probably expecting to be knocked down to what he paid for it. 
    So my guess is that it was an impulse purchase and he just wants to get rid.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited September 2018
    Main difference between 2017 and 2018 R8’s is that the 2018’s have narrow/tall frets right?

and Ebony boards on the 2018’s as listed on some of them on your site, but is that accurate? @DougCoda ;;
  • Hattigol said:
    I don't think the Gumtree seller is a 'flipper'. Flipper suggests trying to make money and if he has it on at £2795, he's probably expecting to be knocked down to what he paid for it. 
    So my guess is that it was an impulse purchase and he just wants to get rid.
    And if he did buy it recently, why bother selling it for the sake of a couple of bucks, just send it back for a refund.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Maybe purchased on 0% finance and would rather make a bit of profit plus essentially receive an interest free loan.
  • dbphoto said:
    Main difference between 2017 and 2018 R8’s is that the 2018’s have narrow/tall frets right?

and Ebony boards on the 2018’s as listed on some of them on your site, but is that accurate? @DougCoda ;;
    Ebony board is a mistake, we cut and pasted the spec from Gibsons site and didn't check it, just assumed it would be right being from Gibsoin themselves! ..it's being changed now.
    2018's have a slightly bigger neck, not as big as the ones fom about 2006-2010 and narrower frets and they've cahnged the colours on them
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Possibly the R9s are better candidates for flipping

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/273402414606

The markup makes up a smaller % of total cost

God damn the flipper man
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 459
    edited September 2018
    Surely this blowout will dampen prices in historics for the near future. Flipping for profit surely can’t work for a while yet
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Fifty9 said:
    Surely this blowout will dampen prices in historics for the near future. Flipping for profit surely can’t work for a while yet
    I think that will depend on where Gibson prices end up post Chapter 11. Are these prices across Europe as well? If not exchange rates could make a used UK one on Reverb at £3200 look attractive in the eurozone.

I think anyone who has bought now has done really well.  
  • Is this the same model?

Looks like GAK getting some but more expensive 

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/gibson-custom-historic-1958-les-paul-standard-vos-vintage-cherry-sunburst/920485
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 505
    Says its a 2018 model in the description on the site.  
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    edited September 2018
    Is this the same model?

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/gibson-custom-historic-1958-les-paul-standard-vos-vintage-cherry-sunburst/920485
    This is interesting, vintage cherry sb is a lovely colour.
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3432
    edited September 2018
    terada said:
    Is this the same model?

This is interesting, vintage cherry sb is a lovely colour.
    I agree, though that's a stock photo, would love to see a proper one.

• SteveF said:
    Says its a 2018 model in the description on the site.  
    Yes it does

Vintage Cherry sunburst which is also different to the washed cherry. Confusing listing 
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1399
    So is that the end of the R8 deal or are there more to come...?
  • AndyRAndyR Frets: 158
    hyperben said:
    Some guys at Epsom GG told me, this morning, they have some more washed cherry on the way BUT they're pretty much accounted for with back orders etc... 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2139
    AndyR said:
    hyperben said:
    Some guys at Epsom GG told me, this morning, they have some more washed cherry on the way BUT they're pretty much accounted for with back orders etc... 
    So where did all the talk of Peach & Coda getting a fresh delivery at the tail end of last week come from?
  • StefB said:
    AndyR said:
    hyperben said:
    So where did all the talk of Peach & Coda getting a fresh delivery at the tail end of last week come from?
    Ours will just be replacements for the ones that we backed due to faults and marks etc 
  • StefB said:
    AndyR said:
    hyperben said:
    Ours will just be replacements for the ones that we backed due to faults and marks etc 
    So already sold?
  • StefB said:
    AndyR said:
    hyperben said:
    So already sold?
    No. It’s all a bit up in the air as to whether we’ll get credits or replacement guitars for the ones that arrived faulty. That’s why we haven’t started taking orders and promising customers when we might not be able to be deliver. I will know this week though