Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• tomajohatomajoha Frets: 822
    edited August 2018
    GG washed cherry, v happy

2017 on left 2014 on right
    0reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    Twinfan said:
    Boromedic said:
    Jeez, who bought 4?!!!
    Probably the person trying to flip one at £3.5k...
    More than likely, but shock horror..... that means they reside here, lol! It was inevitable though at such a great price, a prvate seller could sit on these for ages and eventually get a good price probably.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mortmort Frets: 709
    edited August 2018

4? Really?  Probably just a Troll?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3773
    WezV said:

I'm really surprised by the number of you offended by a join line.   Its almost like you have never seen a Les Paul before.

One piece tops are relatively rare, so much they almost look odd to me

Totally agree - A book-matched figured top is what a classic LP should have IMO
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    tomajoha said:
    GG washed cherry, v happy

2017 on left 2014 on right
    Phwoar, what a lovely pair! (of guitars)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    @tomajoha your '14 is sweet.

• tomajohatomajoha Frets: 822
    Thanks man - had it from new
  • SRichSRich Frets: 751
    Boromedic said:
    Jeez, who bought 4?!!!
    When / If the next motherload of Gibsons get unleashed at knockdown prices, I can see some retailers adopting the Aldi / LIDL approach of "Maximum Purchase Five Per Customer"... ;)

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I filled it in too!

A video of mine for those interested...

Symphonies of Sickness - great album. Also - nice guitar
    Cheers mate! Well spied ;) It's my new rehearsal space which I haven't set up yet hence all the clutter! 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    is it 1/2 time yet - surely someone needs a break
  • Lolz at someone pissing about by putting "8" on that poll.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5820
    @BloodEagle we all know heartwork is the better album tho :) 
  • WezV said:

I'm really surprised by the number of you offended by a join line.   Its almost like you have never seen a Les Paul before.

This x many. It's all a bit bizarre. These are some of the finest electric guitars ever created!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1399
    edited August 2018
    Went into GG in Epsom earlier and managed to swap the plain top washed cherry for a nicely figured top one! What’s more, it sounds wonderful and plays great! This ones just the right amount of flame for me. The guys in GG were absolutely excellent. I think the company mantra seems to be box shifting, but dealing with the people in the store today I got great customer service.

https://imgur.com/gallery/OanmWHP
    0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1844
    edited August 2018
    It's not an R8 (have one already) and its GuitarGuitar not Peach. But its a NGD courtesy of the Gibson Memphis sale (ES-335 Figured, £2599). My camera phone doesn't really do justice to the very detailed, wiggly grain patterns all over the top.

http://tinman82.imgur.com/

[img]https://i.imgur.com/X8DE3NP.jpg?2[/img]

Sorry these photos are links and not embedded, unsure how to do that so any tips appreciated.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 505
    hyperben said:
    Went into GG in Epsom earlier and managed to swap the plain top washed cherry for a nicely figured top one! What’s more, it sounds wonderful and plays great! This ones just the right amount of flame for me. The guys in GG were absolutely excellent. I think the company mantra seems to be box shifting, but dealing with the people in the store today I got great customer service.

VERY nice! :) HNGD! (Again!)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3773
    hyperben said:

Wow!  That one is very nice indeed!  IMO much nicer than your original one.  If I'd known that was sitting in the shop you may not have got it ;)
    hyperben said:

Holy shit no kidding! Nice one
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hyperben said:

Lovely! Glad you managed to get one you're happy with! 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8170
    WezV said:

Offended? Not at all.
    Just prefer the look without one. That's all.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    TINMAN82 said:
    It's not an R8 (have one already) and its GuitarGuitar not Peach. But its a NGD courtesy of the Gibson Memphis sale (ES-335 Figured, £2599). My camera phone doesn't really do justice to the very detailed, wiggly grain patterns all over the top.

Sorry these photos are links and not embedded, unsure how to do that so any tips appreciated.

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1844
    roberty said:
    TINMAN82 said:

Cool, thanks, what had I missed?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 505
    Shit the bed, that’s gorgeous. My missus would have my nuts if I bought one right after the R8 but I find myself wondering g if I’d miss them much.... 
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited August 2018
    TINMAN82 said:
    roberty said:
    TINMAN82 said:

Cool, thanks, what had I missed?
    Click the 'attach image' button in the toolbar and paste the image url into the yellow box with no tags

I am so jealous of your guitar by the way!

edit: looks like just pasting the absolute url into the editor works too
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Adamski said:
    It’s ok guys, I will try my best to enjoy my guitar with it’s disgusting join line. I mean it’ll be tough, but I’ll do my best! 
    Goodluck! Report back with how you got on ;)
  • KitsuneKitsune Frets: 291
    Whitecat said:
    hyperben said:
    “Figured top” R8 

https://imgur.com/gallery/iYL6DoS
    I guess they figured you’d fall for it..
    I think its perfect! I'd have that one...........if I didn't already have an LP that looks basically the same.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    hyperben said:

that more like it isn't it - Glad you got sorted out and in a very amicable way - enjoy it
    GG have a photo of each figured maple 335s top with its serial number:

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/170823313734008-1910586--gibson-es-335-figured-antique-sixties-cherry-2018-11308

They must have been just hammering out the R8s, someone earlier in the thread said management had instructed them to get them out as quickly as possible

Or, more excitingly, maybe they've been spying on us!
  • I've really enjoyed looking at these.
    Hope everyone is enjoying theirs & thanks for posting the pictures.
    +1 for Peach Guitars too, for keeping up customer service by the sound of things, rather than just shoveling them out the door.

For the record & in case the phantom lol-er is about I'm not being sarcastic (which is unusual for me).
    Mods! Mods! look at page 52, there's five of them! I was enjoying this thread & now it's just a complete nightmare.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I’ve seen a gorgeous relic R9 for £3999  

Hurry up and get some R8’s back in. £2499 was bad enough