Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). INTELLIGENCE OFFICIALS SAY U.S. HAS RETRIEVED CRAFT OF NON-HUMAN ORIGIN - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

INTELLIGENCE OFFICIALS SAY U.S. HAS RETRIEVED CRAFT OF NON-HUMAN ORIGIN

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• We may only be the pinnacle of this period of civilisation. Others postulate there’s been a few before us. Some credence to the younger dryas impact theory. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Emp_Fab said:
    I had horrible sudden thought today...  What if, despite the mind-boggling size of the universe, the conditions for life to begin are also mind-bogglingly unlikely, requiring a sequence of events, environmental conditions and a particular soup of chemicals...  a combination SO unlikely that it's only ever happened once....  and life on this one planet is the result.

If that really is the case then the idea that we have been, effectively, the sole winners of the biggest lottery in the history of everything and everywhere, and our magical blue orb is the only thing like it in existence and we are collectively poisoning it, leaves me speechless.

Absolutely , it’s hard to believe such a crass destructive race could be the only one ,perhaps we’ll evolve further into more compassionate beings but it’s hard to believe 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PoboyPoboy Frets: 430
    This one time... at band camp....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Emp_Fab said:
    I had horrible sudden thought today...  What if, despite the mind-boggling size of the universe, the conditions for life to begin are also mind-bogglingly unlikely, requiring a sequence of events, environmental conditions and a particular soup of chemicals...  a combination SO unlikely that it's only ever happened once....  and life on this one planet is the result.

If that really is the case then the idea that we have been, effectively, the sole winners of the biggest lottery in the history of everything and everywhere, and our magical blue orb is the only thing like it in existence and we are collectively poisoning it, leaves me speechless.

You're making the assumption that humanity is the peak of the possibilities for life on this planet...
    Yeah, the probe came to talk to the whales after all...
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
    Just another interesting take on crop circles.
    Yeah, I know, it's just some pranksters in a field with boards and string, but some of these really seem to defy that methodology.
    Doo dee doo dah...

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"