Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). INTELLIGENCE OFFICIALS SAY U.S. HAS RETRIEVED CRAFT OF NON-HUMAN ORIGIN - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

INTELLIGENCE OFFICIALS SAY U.S. HAS RETRIEVED CRAFT OF NON-HUMAN ORIGIN

What's Hot

Comments

• steersteer Frets: 1043
    Leo Fender reverse engineered alien guitars back in 1954, and came up with the Stratocaster. This was shortly after the 1953 incident where a US Airforce jet was taken by a UFO. If it was not for that we would all still be playing uncomfortable telecasters today. 

Leo Fender lived in California, where there are hundreds of documented UFO sightings. Coincidence? I think not. 
    Every time you hear a strat, you are actually listening to music inspired aliens from by outer space. FACT
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    steer said:
    Leo Fender reverse engineered alien guitars back in 1954, and came up with the Stratocaster. This was shortly after the 1953 incident where a US Airforce jet was taken by a UFO. If it was not for that we would all still be playing uncomfortable telecasters today. 

Leo Fender lived in California, where there are hundreds of documented UFO sightings. Coincidence? I think not. 
    Every time you hear a strat, you are actually listening to music inspired aliens from by outer space. FACT
    Bet the aliens crashed due to a critical adjustment knob being too close to the bridge.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    steer said:

Bet the aliens crashed due to a critical adjustment knob being too close to the bridge.
    Excellent!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited July 2023
    Looks like we might have some in our own back yard.
    Of course she could be  another larper..  It's hard to tell nowadays.

• guyinlyonguyinlyon Frets: 202
    dano said:
    It hasn't. This won't turn out to be anything. Aliens haven't visited earth, the distances are too vast.
    I wouldn't bet against physics and a smarter civilisation with more time on its hands.

In 120yrs humans have gone from the Wright Brothers first flight to Pioneer 10 travelling at 0.004% the speed of light.

In 2016 the US elected Donald Trump as President. In 2022 the Conservative Party elected Liz Truss as PM. Earthlings have known about Global Warming  for 100 years.
    Things are going backwards.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2424
    edited July 2023
    Former US Intelligence agent David Grusch, while testifying to Congress in the UFO hearings

• StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3112
    Shrews said:
    Former US Intelligence agent David Grusch, while testifying to Congress in the UFO hearings

The same Grusch that “has not seen the alleged alien craft himself”?

Republican disruption making. A big pile of BS. 

Shrews said:

The other two witnesses who are highly  professional combat pilots have encountered the UAPs during sorties. These are people who are rigorously trained to observe threats in a combat situation. These witnesses cannot be just dismissed out of hand. There is definitely, without doubt, something going on that defies are existing knowledge of physics and is potentially a real risk to aircraft. What it is? Well that's anyone's guess.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    edited July 2023
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-66307705
    Congress probes aliens? Certainly makes a change...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 606
    As the saying goes: the greatest proof of there being  intelligent life out there somewhere is that it has never bothered coming to see us... 

We still burn fossil fuels and threaten war on one another...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3819
    edited July 2023
    equalsql said:
    Shrews said:

The other two witnesses who are highly  professional combat pilots have encountered the UAPs during sorties. These are people who are rigorously trained to observe threats in a combat situation. These witnesses cannot be just dismissed out of hand. There is definitely, without doubt, something going on that defies are existing knowledge of physics and is potentially a real risk to aircraft. What it is? Well that's anyone's guess.

You do need to remember to be aware of the difference between "defies our existing knowledge of physics" and "as yet unexplained by experts".
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2424
    More from this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-66320498

Now, as far as I can tell, this has moved from being science fiction to being accepted that something is going on that appears to be unexplained. 

The fact this is now being acknowledged out in the open appears to be a big move

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    Shrews said:
    More from this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-66320498

Now, as far as I can tell, this has moved from being science fiction to being accepted that something is going on that appears to be unexplained. 

The fact this is now being acknowledged out in the open appears to be a big move

Y'see, my problem with this is...

She asked him if "biologics" were recovered from any crafts retrieved by the government.

Referencing his previous media interviews, Mr Grusch responded that "biologics came with some of these recoveries".

Were they human or non-human? Ms Mace asked.

"Non-human, and that was the assessment of people with direct knowledge on the programme I talked to," Mr Grusch responded. During a different line of questioning, he confirmed he had never personally seen an alien body.

...so why are they talking to pilots, and not the people with direct knowledge, then? It's not like the US government couldn't get hold of those people if they wanted to.
    <space for hire>
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    As much as I believe that alien life exists, and that its quite possible that we have even had some visits...

Naah, something is fishy here.  Unless they are going to surprise everyone by bringing in a little grey dude to give everyone a wave...

How about just "habeas corpus", show me the body?
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    edited July 2023
    Also worthy of note is that they make repeated references to "non-human" entities, but I couldn't find any reference to "non-terrestrial" or similar - and the witnesses tie themselves in knots to avoid saying that.

Which means someone could've put a cat in an experimental aircraft to test biological resistance to acceleration. Would also explain the injuries he mentioned...

If it's true, and they've been reverse-engineering this stuff for decades, it's beyond reason that the US wouldn't have figured out enough of the tech to start using ridiculously advanced military aircraft and weapons systems and take complete control of every conflict they could start instead of fumbling it every time.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1774
    Also worthy of note is that they make repeated references to "non-human" entities, but I couldn't find any reference to "non-terrestrial" or similar - and the witnesses tie themselves in knots to avoid saying that.

Which means someone could've put a cat in an experimental aircraft to test biological resistance to acceleration. Would also explain the injuries he mentioned...

If it's true, and they've been reverse-engineering this stuff for decades, it's beyond reason that the US wouldn't have figured out enough of the tech to start using ridiculously advanced military aircraft and weapons systems and take complete control of every conflict they could start instead of fumbling it every time.
    so does that mean Men in Black was right then? Cats are actually aliens or indeed carriers of alien galaxies.

Glad I've got dogs...

oh..hang on
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8107

I suspect that any alien technology would be so far advanced that we wouldn't have a clue where to start.

It would be like asking a neolithic cave man to reverse engineer a Saturn 5 rocket engine.
    Kilgore said:

I suspect that any alien technology would be so far advanced that we wouldn't have a clue where to start.

It would be like asking a neolithic cave man to reverse engineer a Saturn 5 rocket engine.
    Given decades and all of the resources of the US government, there would at least have been significant discoveries (lighter/stronger alloys etc) that would put the US waaaaay ahead of everyone else technologically-speaking. As it is, there's functionally nothing to set them apart, which is the part that I find hard to believe.
    <space for hire>
    Kilgore said:

Given decades and all of the resources of the US government, there would at least have been significant discoveries (lighter/stronger alloys etc) that would put the US waaaaay ahead of everyone else technologically-speaking. As it is, there's functionally nothing to set them apart, which is the part that I find hard to believe.
     I'm sure we could put these materials under an electronic microscope and determine their composition but that doesn't imply we would be able to manufacture them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3165
    edited July 2023
    There’s a big theory at the moment that all the reverse engineered tech and crafts are done completely off book by military industries without the knowledge of the federal government.  The idea behind the latest US bill setting a 6 month amnesty timeline for disclosure is for these industries to come forward and provide the information. They can even keep the information and patents they just need to disclose. 
    The idea being that all funding will be audited (the fact the pentagon hasn’t  passed an audit in 5 years means they’ve nothing to worry about) and funding pulled. A federal agency with all access clearance is being set up to force entry on any and all facilities if disclosure is not proved. 

It sounds to be intelligence agencies and their allies would like to keep shit locked down to continue the massive revenue stream but perhaps military contractors would like to get it in the open so as to make more profits legitimately. 

Someone somewhere has given these individuals the backing to come forward and manipulate the media to report the same story and questions globally in a synchronised manner.  
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Although I'd very much like to believe in all this... I just don't.  Unless and until somebody comes forward and shows us some tangible, verified evidence.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WezVWezV Frets: 15793

I beleive the conspiracy theorist assumption is that they are referring to life from other dimensions, rather than life from outer space.

Philly_Q said:
    Although I'd very much like to believe in all this... I just don't.  Unless and until somebody comes forward and shows us some tangible, verified evidence.
    Exactly.

Where is all the 'stuff'?

If they come up some broken bits of UFO that are proven to be of non human construction, that's a start. And none of that Roswell stuff, we all know that was tin foil.

Even better would be verified footage of a saucer floating in an aircraft hanger in Area 51. If it plays the music from Close Encounters  even better.

Until then I'll remain sceptical.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    I think the only strange form of life found in America that threatens human existence resides in Mar-a-Lago.

Frankly I won't believe any of the rest of it until I see it with my own eyes and it's independently scientifically verified.  Until then - baloney.
    The US does have military tech significantly in advance of everyone else - particularly in aerospace.  It's always possible stealth technology owes something to alien technology, or advanced weaponry like rail guns and laser-based weapons.

It's far more likely they are not based on alien tech - but lack of US success in Afghanistan was not down to lack of technology, China is catching up a bit, but the US and it's western allies have a big lead.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    I'm not sure rail guns are enormously clever. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Sporky said:
    I'm not sure rail guns are enormously clever. 
    Very advanced bits of technology, though apparently abandoned for now in favour of hypersonic missiles, because Sam Fender is deciding US defense policy.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    WezV said:

I beleive the conspiracy theorist assumption is that they are referring to life from other dimensions, rather than life from outer space.

I hope that's true because it would make Kingdom of the Crystal Skull scientifically accurate, except the fridge stuff.
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter