Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). INTELLIGENCE OFFICIALS SAY U.S. HAS RETRIEVED CRAFT OF NON-HUMAN ORIGIN - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

INTELLIGENCE OFFICIALS SAY U.S. HAS RETRIEVED CRAFT OF NON-HUMAN ORIGIN

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
edited June 2023 in Off Topic
Sorry about the upper case headline.. copy and pasted and can't be arsed to lower it..
We live in interesting times..

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023/06/ex-intel-official-government-hiding-alien-tech.html

A fact checking Q&A on this situation from TheDebrief..
https://thedebrief.org/fact-check-q-a-with-debrief-co-founder-and-investigator-tim-mcmillan-part-1/

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/david-grusch-ufo-report_n_647eb0c1e4b0047ed782f875

"A former intelligence official named David Charles Grusch has given Congress and the Intelligence Community Inspector General (ICIG) classified information about covert programs that he says possess retrieved craft of non-human origin.

Grusch is a veteran of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) and the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) and served as their representative to the Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force (UAPTF) from 2019 to 2021.

Grusch said the recoveries of partial fragments through and up to intact vehicles have been made for decades by the government, its allies, and defense contractors. He said the analysis has determined that the objects are of exotic origin based on their morphology, material science, and radiological signatures.

Grusch filed a complaint alleging that he suffered illegal retaliation for his confidential disclosures and is represented by a lawyer who served as the original ICIG.

Other intelligence officials, both active and retired, have independently provided similar, corroborating information, both on and off the record"
(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• danodano Frets: 1484
    We had this 20-30 years ago with Bob Lazar. Great stories but never yields any actual evidence. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    What? Putin and his goons made it?

Oh, sorry. You said "non-human", not "sub-human".

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    They often crash coz the human abductees on board sometimes fight the aliens to get control of the craft with disastrous results.
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Sassafras said:
    They often crash coz the human abductees on board sometimes fight the aliens to get control of the craft with disastrous results.
    Maybe they need to lock the door of the probing room prior to take off. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 14862
    dano said:
    Sassafras said:
    Maybe they need to lock the door of the probing room prior to take off. 
    they can put any lock they want on it, Imma still gonna get in!

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

17reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11229
    Somebody call Will Smith!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    So the invasion is just around the corner?

Thank fuck for that. If it could start quickly I wouldn't have to keep a work deadline I've got looming.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
    So the invasion is just around the corner?

Thank fuck for that. If it could start quickly I wouldn't have to keep a work deadline I've got looming.
    Nah, they're just looking down on us amused by what a bunch of feckwits we are. 
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    Klaatu birrada nikto. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 8918
    It's been coming... evidence is overwhelming.

But, nothing to fear. There is no recorded UFO/Alien aggressive contact.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022

Have you watched Predator?!?
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 5625
    Lizards. Icke was right. OMG.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    edited June 2023
    Sassafras said:

Have you watched Predator?!?
    One of the best documentaries ever made. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 2872
    Somebody call Will Smith!
    Yeah then he can slap the shit out of them too
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    Nah, he's still being paid by the UATF to keep the wonks entertained, lest they accidentally discover something more sensitive while they're poking around (something the US actually cares about, like military activity).
    <space for hire>
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3144
    Well at  last the truth is out there
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3165
    But why now? Why give approval for the documents to be released unless there’s some other shady sh*t you want us distracted for?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    How sad that the report comments on the competition between countries to exploit/reverse engineer alien technology.  We have potentially got contact with extraterrestrial beings with technology far more advanced than ours and our first thought as humans is "How can we use this in our small bit of Earth to get ahead of the people living on other small bits of Earth?"

As a species, we are not globally mature enough to be gifted alien contact yet.
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    US Intelligence Officials.  Well there's an oxymoron for a start.

And to their statement, I say the following:  bollocks.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 3884
    It hasn't. This won't turn out to be anything. Aliens haven't visited earth, the distances are too vast.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • euaneuan Frets: 1051
    A man says that someone told him…
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 6650
    I, for one, welcome our new overlords.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3376
    It hasn't. This won't turn out to be anything. Aliens haven't visited earth, the distances are too vast.
    Bollocks, I refuse to let Physics get in the way.  I spent three years in Leeds in the late 1980's having a jolly good time.  I didn't let studying for a Physics degree get in the way then and I'm certainly not going to let Physics get the better of me now.  I demand that c no longer be constant, it's infringing me 'uman rights.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm just off to defy gravity.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I wouldn't bet against physics and a smarter civilisation with more time on its hands.

In 120yrs humans have gone from the Wright Brothers first flight to Pioneer 10 travelling at 0.004% the speed of light.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    More importantly, there are no aliens.

The evolution of complex multicellular life occurred just once in three billion years on a planet perfectly suited to it. The odds against it are staggering, and we can assume we are alone in the universe to a very high degree of certainty.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Also the Drake equation is a trap.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    ICBM said:

The evolution of complex multicellular life occurred just once in three billion years on a planet perfectly suited to it. The odds against it are staggering, and we can assume we are alone in the universe to a very high degree of certainty.

I dunno about that - Once in 3 billion years in a form that we recognise. On one planet that we have explored.

By definition, life on a planet would be be perfectly adapted to it.

I get what you're saying with the barriers to organic chemistry in the wider universe. The great filters or what have you. Our galaxy was indeed looking like a bleak and lonely place to those of us with expectations of Voyager-like contact with the stars  from the 50s to 90s. As the Voyager data came back and our probes to the Moon and Mars found very little, pessismism was only natural. Still is, but the confirmation of exoplanets (and the sheer numbers of em) and alternative life pathways for carbon based forms in deep oceans have made the Universe seem as welcoming as it's ever been to all manner of phenomena. That's before we even consider Silicon based or something stranger still.

Doesn't stop me thinking the current story is a load of horse manure, mind.

Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 14862
    jeez, the idea that we're the only intelligent lifeform in the universe is a deeply worrying one!

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBM said:

I'm not a fan of the drake equation but as I see it, for earth life you need a moon - not so hard when there's all matter of crap flying around at start of a solar system - and then plate tectonics and an iron core. The planet made life suitable for itself when cyanobacteria pumped out oxygen and replaced the methane.

• Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4451
    ICBM said:

But in a universe of 200 Billion Galaxies, each with 100million star systems and over 37 billion years the chances of other life happening is likely quite high. Now there may well be a planet 150 light years away, at the same level of technology as us, but given the distances they would not even have recived our earliest radio signals yet.