Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). INTELLIGENCE OFFICIALS SAY U.S. HAS RETRIEVED CRAFT OF NON-HUMAN ORIGIN - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

INTELLIGENCE OFFICIALS SAY U.S. HAS RETRIEVED CRAFT OF NON-HUMAN ORIGIN

What's Hot

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
    For those with any interest in the UAP subject, here is a 177 page document that was submitted to the US congress as part of the recent hearings that details all military reported encounters with the phenomenon since 1947. 
    It's a very deep dive into the timeline of events.
    https://pdfhost.io/v/gR8lAdgVd_Uap_Timeline_Prepared_By_Another
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    One of the most interesting phenomena fighter pilots report when chasing UFOs is that they tend to accelerate away at what to the pilots seem impossible speeds.

One of the basic technological advancements aliens would need over us to relatively casually leave and enter our atmosphere would be a propulsion system capable of easily reaching escape velocity from a relatively high altitude.

Our best efforts, fighters like the F-15, F-22, Typhoon etc accelerate very quickly to supersonic speeds (when "clean") but have no ability to get even close to either the height or speed to leave the atmosphere (though it gets very dark up where they can get to around 60,000ft, maybe higher for the F-22 but officially this isn't known).  Even the SR-71 Blackbird couldn't do space, though at 80,000ft and Mach 3, they went both very fast and very high.

An alien ship though would need to be able to quickly get to over 6000mph - so would accelerate in exactly the way fighter pilots describe.

Aliens therefore would have propulsion technology at least as big a jump over our current technology as our current jets are over the wright flyer... which is very believable.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 673
    Mellish said:
    This always comes up and, like members who bring it back, I'd love us to be visited by advanced extraterrestrials.

But the closest they could be is 4.2 light years. Do you know how long it would take us to make that journey? 
    OK, let's suppose they've figured out travelling at the speed of light. You're still talking about a journey taking over 4.2 years. And for what? This is the bit I don't get. It makes as much sense as catching a plane to Australia just to look in a shop window, buy nothing, speak to no-one and fly home. 

Well OK, why do people go to Australia?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Connecting flight to New Zealand? 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2424
    edited July 2023

Aliens therefore would have propulsion technology at least as big a jump over our current technology as our current jets are over the wright flyer... which is very believable.
    Well, I guess if they've travelled from another star system this would be obvious. Less obvious if it's from our own. Then again, we have only mastered flight over the last 100 years or so. I guess the next 100 years will see increased speeds, space tourism and possibly a colonisation attempt of the moon or Mars. 

If this species is 200, 500, 1000, one milion, one billion (!) years ahead of us then we have a lot of catching up to do. In 500 years maybe we will have the same abilities once AI works it all out for us. For example maybe it requires an abundance of a resource that we've got but it needs a manufacturing process to get it not yet invented. It's only 100 years since we worked out how to split the atom and only a few years since we decided to collide them. 

I can't see that it's the Russians, Chinese, US or SPECTRE types messing around either. I think they would have shown their hand by now. They like to parade technology and given the weaponry available, advanced weaponry would surely be a deterrent, not a means of attack or observation?

So I think we come down to 'Did these events happen or are all they all just made up?'

There just seems to be increasing evidence now and from reputable sources. Plus the US have started to reveal documents that clearly show there is activity that does appear earthlike. And therefore as I don't think it's humankind's military I think it's likely we are being observed by ET's, have been for some time, and for whatever reason they have.

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8107
    It's a bit arrogant to assume the aliens are here to see us. They might have come to make contact with the whales.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Kilgore said:
    It's a bit arrogant to assume the aliens are here to see us. They might have come to make contact with the whales.
    Or the mice.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4649
    ftumch said:
    Mellish said:
    This always comes up and, like members who bring it back, I'd love us to be visited by advanced extraterrestrials.

But the closest they could be is 4.2 light years. Do you know how long it would take us to make that journey? 
    OK, let's suppose they've figured out travelling at the speed of light. You're still talking about a journey taking over 4.2 years. And for what? This is the bit I don't get. It makes as much sense as catching a plane to Australia just to look in a shop window, buy nothing, speak to no-one and fly home. 

Well OK, why do people go to Australia?
    Traditionally it was because they had stolen a loaf of bread or printed seditious pamphlets. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Kilgore said:
    "You're from outer space?"

"No, I'm from Iowa, I only work in outer space..."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Fran at Franlabs encountered one recently. She's a lady with her head firmly on her shoulders so makes for a good witness.
    Here's her video on dropbox, she pulled it from YouTube after lots of ridicule which she couldn't  be arsed to deal with.
    Compelling stuff.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c1U5SAZemkntOezBd3Zhcjqavae1dW9d/view
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394

The US does have military tech significantly in advance of everyone else - particularly in aerospace.  It's always possible stealth technology owes something to alien technology, or advanced weaponry like rail guns and laser-based weapons.

If you trouble to read the literature, it is perfectly clear where stealth technology came from. The fiendishly difficult mathematics it is based on was invented by and published by a Russian physicist/mathematician more than 50 years ago. American aerospace engineers, mostly at Lockheed, recognised the merit in those raw ideas and worked them up into practical aircraft designs using (what was then considered) vast amounts of computing power.

(Bear it in mind that the computing power requirement Lockheed had in the 70s and 80s, filling a large room or a whole building, could be handled easily enough today by your telephone. Why was the original F-117 stealth bomber made up out of faceted planes while all subsequent stealth aircraft use lots of curves? Because they didn't have enough computer power to calculate the radar cross section of a 3-dimensional curved object. They could only calculate it for flat planes and angles. So they built the aeroplane out of flat sheets, figuring they could somehow make it fly anyway. And it worked.)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 2999
    Are you a retired FBI agent? Are you struggling to make ends meet? if yes then read on.

1. Disclose classified information , make it up , no body can prove you wrong.

2. Write a book about it, get some headlines to promote yourself and make it look like a good investment to a publisher.

3. Lap in the life of luxury while sitting in a posh hotel having a beer with Von Daniken , Eike and Lazar.

p.s, Stay away from Giorgio.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guyinlyonguyinlyon Frets: 202
    These people always claim to be former "intelligence" officials, never currently "intelligent" anything.
    Tannin said:

The US does have military tech significantly in advance of everyone else - particularly in aerospace.  It's always possible stealth technology owes something to alien technology, or advanced weaponry like rail guns and laser-based weapons.

If you trouble to read the literature, it is perfectly clear where stealth technology came from. The fiendishly difficult mathematics it is based on was invented by and published by a Russian physicist/mathematician more than 50 years ago. American aerospace engineers, mostly at Lockheed, recognised the merit in those raw ideas and worked them up into practical aircraft designs using (what was then considered) vast amounts of computing power.

(Bear it in mind that the computing power requirement Lockheed had in the 70s and 80s, filling a large room or a whole building, could be handled easily enough today by your telephone. Why was the original F-117 stealth bomber made up out of faceted planes while all subsequent stealth aircraft use lots of curves? Because they didn't have enough computer power to calculate the radar cross section of a 3-dimensional curved object. They could only calculate it for flat planes and angles. So they built the aeroplane out of flat sheets, figuring they could somehow make it fly anyway. And it worked.)
    Yes I know that - and the patronising tone is not appreciated - but at any stage reverse-engineering alien technology could have helped progress any development in almost any field that has progressed military or civilian technology.

I don't think they DID do that BTW, I find it hard to believe that it's true that the US has alien space craft.

They have money and fantastic technical ingenuity, which has kept them in front for a very long time.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 2999
    Tannin said:

Yes I know that - and the patronising tone is not appreciated - but at any stage reverse-engineering alien technology could have helped progress any development in almost any field that has progressed military or civilian technology.

I don't think they DID do that BTW, I find it hard to believe that it's true that the US has alien space craft.

They have money and fantastic technical ingenuity, which has kept them in front for a very long time.
    Are they in front of everyone else? Or would propaganda lead us to believe so?

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • Isn’t one line of thinking that instead of being from outer space they may be from another dimension
    robgilmo said:
    Tannin said:

Are they in front of everyone else? Or would propaganda lead us to believe so?

It's pretty much public domain stuff, the US military is very large, technically advanced and capable. 

Bear in mind they are just as likely to come out and say their stuff isn't good enough as to say its soooo good, as they are after mo money.

There are elements of propaganda to how things are perceived, but it's also just not knowing.

The US has found in the past, for example, that their high tech toys, the fully missile armed F4 Phantom in Vietnam, are arguably inferior to supposedly less technically advanced but arguably better fighters like the Mig21.

When you read articles about the Phantom you hear about it being fast, sophisticated and powerful, less so that it lacked a built in gun and its missiles often didn't work etc.

Interesting topic worth it's own thread.

• TimcitoTimcito Frets: 390
    guyinlyon said:
    These people always claim to be former "intelligence" officials, never currently "intelligent" anything.
    I think if they were currently employed, they'd be held down and have their nostril hairs removed without anaesthetic!   ;)
  • Isn’t one line of thinking that instead of being from outer space they may be from another dimension
    Yes, that’s what’s been inferred if the evidence is to be believed.  The whistleblower has made it clear that they are ‘non-human intelligence’.  

The people who have been on record have given evidence to the senate, which if they are purposely making up are committing an offence.  I really want to believe, but at the same time I cannot shake the feeling that we are part of a wider psy-ops with new technology they have created and this is just another lie being sold to the world.

There’s been talk that the US Gov are spilling the beans because of an impending “event” forcing the disclosure.  Whatever is going on, it’s interesting and my ten year old son is obsessed by it. 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    He’s one of them too ;) 
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 5837
    ICBM said:

The discovery of one single life form unrelated to all the others on Earth would blow the whole thing wide open and make extra-terrestrial advanced life a near certainty, but it has never been found. Not one - all life on Earth has a single common ancestor. Until it is… we are alone.
    Up to now we haven't looked very far compared to the entirety of the universe(s?).
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    edited August 2023
    JezWynd said:

Up to now we haven't looked very far compared to the entirety of the universe(s?).
    Given that advanced life arose just once in billions of years on a planet we know is perfectly suited to it, then the odds of it happening are infinitesimal and the chances of advanced life elsewhere are very low. But if we ever discover a lifeform on Earth which is not related to all the others, then that no longer applies, advanced life arose more than once, and the chances of it elsewhere are then high - probably a certainty. So although we can’t prove that advanced life does or doesn’t exist elsewhere because so far we’ve only looked on Earth and a few tiny spots on Mars, it does give a good indicator.

For what it’s worth, I think that if there are advanced aliens and they’ve been here, I think it’s highly unlikely that they would allow their technology to fall into the hands of such a primitive and dangerous species even once, let alone many times.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    ICBM said:
    JezWynd said:

Given that advanced life arose just once in billions of years on a planet we know is perfectly suited to it, then the odds of it happening are infinitesimal and the chances of advanced life elsewhere are very low. But if we ever discover a lifeform on Earth which is not related to all the others, then that no longer applies, advanced life arose more than once, and the chances of it elsewhere are then high - probably a certainty. So although we can’t prove that advanced life does or doesn’t exist elsewhere because so far we’ve only looked on Earth and a few tiny spots on Mars, it does give a good indicator.

For what it’s worth, I think that if there are advanced aliens and they’ve been here, I think it’s highly unlikely that they would allow their technology to fall into the hands of such a primitive and dangerous species even once, let alone many times.
    Definitely. 
    "Damnit, junior has lost another runabout while playing about on Earth."
    "OK, now we'll need to do some damage limitation. Bring in the Mothership & we'll nuke the site from orbit..."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Ross Coulthart sharing his experience of investigating the subject.
    The following Q&A session

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15657
    There are NO craft. Someone has a book coming out

tae be or not tae be
    Just an interesting video for those following the subject.
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2424
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-66812332

What a strange comment: 

The very last page of the report said "there is no reason to conclude" that extra-terrestrial sources are behind the hundreds of UAP sightings Nasa has investigated.

"However... those objects must have travelled through our solar system to get here," the report said.

So what objects would travel through our solar system? Why not just say 'they are most likely meteors' if that's what they're hinting at.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    edited September 2023
    I had horrible sudden thought today...  What if, despite the mind-boggling size of the universe, the conditions for life to begin are also mind-bogglingly unlikely, requiring a sequence of events, environmental conditions and a particular soup of chemicals...  a combination SO unlikely that it's only ever happened once....  and life on this one planet is the result.

If that really is the case then the idea that we have been, effectively, the sole winners of the biggest lottery in the history of everything and everywhere, and our magical blue orb is the only thing like it in existence and we are collectively poisoning it, leaves me speechless.

Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
  • Emp_Fab said:
    I had horrible sudden thought today...  What if, despite the mind-boggling size of the universe, the conditions for life to begin are also mind-bogglingly unlikely, requiring a sequence of events, environmental conditions and a particular soup of chemicals...  a combination SO unlikely that it's only ever happened once....  and life on this one planet is the result.

If that really is the case then the idea that we have been, effectively, the sole winners of the biggest lottery in the history of everything and everywhere, and our magical blue orb is the only thing like it in existence and we are collectively poisoning it, leaves me speechless.

You're making the assumption that humanity is the peak of the possibilities for life on this planet...
    <space for hire>