Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). The Football Thread. - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Liverpool rightfully stuffed Man U last weekend, then lose to Bournemouth! Ho Ho ho
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1684
    Great result for us! (Cherries)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4445

axisus said:
    Liverpool rightfully stuffed Man U last weekend, then lose to Bournemouth! Ho Ho ho

Did you see the Bournemouth goal?  I think Virgil van Dijk must have nipped to the shops to grab a 7up because he was nowhere to be seen  :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 6650
    axisus said:
    Liverpool are just showing solidarity with Lineker by not providing any highlights for tonight's MOTD
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tony99 said:
    axisus said:
    Liverpool are just showing solidarity with Lineker by not providing any highlights for tonight's MOTD
    Oh I don't know, that result was the highlight of my day
  • Well, our away record this season is very bad so it was not that surprising. Still a lot to play for to try to get top 4. 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 9175
    Well, our away record this season is very bad so it was not that surprising. Still a lot to play for to try to get top 4. 
    Yea us too COYI. :lol: 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4001
    10 more wins for Arsenal and it’s ours. Simple! (Lol). 

Was surprised by Fulham. They’ve been great at home so far this season. They were shit today. 

My 2nd love Wanderers scored first but got done by Notts County yesterday. Not a surprise but need 3 points from each home game left this season.

Just got back from watching Wanderers ladies vs Watford ladies. Another win. 2-0. Happy days. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• CHRISB50 said:
    10 more wins for Arsenal and it’s ours. Simple! (Lol). 

Was surprised by Fulham. They’ve been great at home so far this season. They were shit today. 

Ha, when is the Premier League ever simple. But yeah I expected more of a game than being 3-0 up at HT, though I'll take it.

Nice to see Jesus back on the pitch, he'll vital until the end on the season and Trossard was superb, 3 assists. Very useful signing.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    CDA89CDF-3994-451E-BBA0-67379467EE62jpeg
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1042
    Apologies if this has already been posted but you got to hand it to the Paddy Power marketing team, this is hilarious...

youtube version (need to be signed in)

tFB Trader
    Have we ever known a relegation zone like this before in the top flight - As it stands today 9 clubs are only 4 points separate all 9 clubs - Any of these 9 clubs could be in the relegation positions after the next round of matches - Likewise the current bottom 3 club scan escape the relegation position with a win - You pick 3 from this bunch - The key game swill be when they play each other
    tFB Trader
    Apart from sounding like a total twat, is Conte trying to loose his job before the end of next week
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Can’t blame Daniel Levy for them tossing off a 3 - 1 lead. 
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    However right he is about Tottenham management and culture, the time to raise it isn’t on the day when he has clearly not performed well in his own job. 
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 6650
    Have we ever known a relegation zone like this before in the top flight - As it stands today 9 clubs are only 4 points separate all 9 clubs - Any of these 9 clubs could be in the relegation positions after the next round of matches - Likewise the current bottom 3 club scan escape the relegation position with a win - You pick 3 from this bunch - The key game swill be when they play each other
    Looks like it could be quite a low points tally for safety this season.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Apart from sounding like a total twat, is Conte trying to loose his job before the end of next week
    If you'd watched many Spurs games, you might think that he'd been trying that for most of the season.

Unless there's something horrible (expensive) in his contract, I'd expect him gone before the next PL game.  Levy doesn't respond well to being challenged.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Saliba out injured is a big loss. And with no cover for Tomiyasu it means we can't use White at CB. Holding can do a decent job but not quite the same level as Saliba. Nice to see another youngster on the bench, Reuell Walters, 18-year old right back who can also play anywhere across the backline.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    at 12:14pm;
    TTony said:
    Unless there's something horrible (expensive) in his contract, I'd expect him gone before the next PL game.  Levy doesn't respond well to being challenged.

at 12:52pm;
    Football Insider are now reporting that ‘Tottenham are discussing appointing Ryan Mason as interim manager’.

;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 10838
    Conte's rant contained a lot of facts. We have a problem when opponents get stuck in. In the words of Corporal Jones, "they don't like it up 'em". Our heads drop too quickly. 

That said, if Conte's success only comes when his employer buys the players he wants then he's not such a great coach. He doesn't improve players. He prefers to buy a 35 year old rather than improve a young squad member. He rarely played Spence amd he's hardly played Danjuna. Neither was a player he wanted. 

Nowhere in his speech does he say "there are things that I could have done better, I am also at fault". Most of these players were part of the squad that ended last season so well. How has he let them become so awful to watch? 

For that omission he can fuck right off. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Good win vs Palace, the level Saka and Martinelli are performing at is unreal. So proud these two young men play for us. 8 point clear! Holding did pretty well I thought but I'd like Saliba back asap please.

Just saw the highlights of the Utd vs Fulham game. Mitrovic is a disgrace and not setting the right example to the young kids.  Hope he gets a lengthy ban.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9128
    Disappointed that Fulham imploded today in the cup, they could have held on with ten men (they seemed the better side up to that point) but Mitrovic let himself down after a deserved goal, and the manager as well. I would have liked them to go through instead but that's the cup isn't it, everything changes in a moment and suddenly turns on its head 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4008
    Disappointed that Fulham imploded today in the cup, they could have held on with ten men (they seemed the better side up to that point) but Mitrovic let himself down after a deserved goal, and the manager as well. I would have liked them to go through instead but that's the cup isn't it, everything changes in a moment and suddenly turns on its head 
    Odd one for sure.

I'm a ManUtd fan, so happy at the result.

However, Fulham were the better team for the first 70 mins easily.  The Sancho goal would have made the last 20 mins very interesting, but it was a clear red card.  I have no idea what Silva said to get the red card, and no idea why Mitrovic was so upset because it was a really obvious call for the ref to make.  

I'm not sure I've ever seen a game change so much in 5 minutes!  From 1 up, to 1 down, 9 men, and no manager.

Some good fortune for Man U. They just don’t look as good without Casimero, and also Eriksen. Fulham let their fans down today big time. 
  • Conte timed his rant to perfection.. he knew with the 2 week gap looming it was time to force Levy's hand..

Lots of home truths for sure, but the damage it does to the morale for the last 10 games in ludicrous if he stays.. which is obvious he doesn't want to..  time to sever ties..  time for ENIC to either sell or put a different football chairman in place.. Levy is a great business man but has stifled to the team's progression.

It has to be Poch now.. or it will forever loom over us.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

What is Spurs problem? Perennial underachievers despite having some top players at times. They do seem to sell their stars I guess.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1416
    I'd love it as it'll be entertaining.....if Forest weren't in the thick of it. Wolves after the break is make or break I think. 

With all the teams down there playing one another for the run in, I reckon we need 9-10 points to be sure of safety. That's 10 out of 33 available. Definitely doable, given we play the likes of Wolves, Southampton, Leeds and Palace all before the end of the season, but our form has been terrible (especially away from home) so we need to hope that the international break helps turns our fortunes around. 

tFB Trader
    joneve said:
    I'd love it as it'll be entertaining.....if Forest weren't in the thick of it. Wolves after the break is make or break I think. 

With all the teams down there playing one another for the run in, I reckon we need 9-10 points to be sure of safety. That's 10 out of 33 available. Definitely doable, given we play the likes of Wolves, Southampton, Leeds and Palace all before the end of the season, but our form has been terrible (especially away from home) so we need to hope that the international break helps turns our fortunes around. 

I can't get tickets for the LUFC v Forest match in a few days time - The tickets from the original date, back in Sept take priority, so unless a cancellation comes in I won't be there - I think you are right in that 36 points might be enough - 40 would be better and certainly more comfortable
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 8918
    Conte timed his rant to perfection.. he knew with the 2 week gap looming it was time to force Levy's hand..

Lots of home truths for sure, but the damage it does to the morale for the last 10 games in ludicrous if he stays.. which is obvious he doesn't want to..  time to sever ties..  time for ENIC to either sell or put a different football chairman in place.. Levy is a great business man but has stifled to the team's progression.

It has to be Poch now.. or it will forever loom over us.
    You know, for me, Conte was absolutely 100% BANG ON !!!

Overpaid, and under worked...

He could have been speaking for my lot at Q.P.R.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2890
    Mitrovic is a disgrace and not setting the right example to the young kids.  Hope he gets a lengthy ban.
    Of course he'll get a lengthy ban - he doesn't play for a 'big' club. You wouldn't have a player for a top 6 club get a ban more than the standard 3 games.

Bruno Fernandes is a prime example just the other week.