Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Wordle? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Wordle?

What's Hot
1171819202123»

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    edited September 2023
    Nerdle really annoys me. But I do it anyway because it's habit now. 
    @stickyfiddle ;;; - a habit you say??

[edit]
    Actually, Nerdle's definition of "streak" is different to Wordle's.  The above just means that i've solved 556 games in a row, not that I've *played* 556 games over 556 days.  I was away last week and didn't take my usual playing device (and refuse to set up an account / sign-in / etc), so had a break of a few days from playing.

That break meant that my Wordle streak re-started from 0, whereas Nerdle's streak just carried on counting my run of solved games.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    nerdle.png 56.3K
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Crikey. I've definitely missed a few. I don't think I've ever failed to solve one though. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    I'm quote enjoying Octordle Rescue.

Eight words, thirteen guesses, but it wastes the first four with stupid attempts.

https://www.britannica.com/games/octordle/daily-rescue/620
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    Octordle can be quite tricky even when you don't waste the first four.  They do have some strange words though, which doesn't help.  I think they had dilly the other day.