Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Wordle? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Wordle?

What's Hot

Comments

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 5625
    First 3 for a while. 5 in German. :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    edited February 2022
    3 today. Quite happy with that

xxGxG
    xxGxx
    GGGGG

Nerdle also in 3 but I don't really enjoy it, despite being a maths guy. I think it's because it's often got two numbers added together and you have no way of knowing which way around they should be, so by definition it's a hit & hope approach
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3112
    edited February 2022
    Wordle in 3… more on form

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    Failed :(  last 4 lines with the first 3 letters correct,  I suppose it is just lottery at that point
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    TTony said:

Same again.

Wordle 4, Nerdle 3.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Chris.BChris.B Frets: 238
    a very predictable 4 again today, I'm running at 50% in 4 lines.
  • martmart Frets: 5165
    4 for me today. My 3rd guess had three greens and two yellows and it took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out what to try next. Doh.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    My brain must be on a weekend break.

Wordle =5 (avge 4.125)
    Nerdle =4 (avge 4.00)
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 5625
    3. For once, I found it with the first of the 'one of only three possibilities left'.

And 2 in German Wordle. Freaky fluke.
  • 4th guess today, usually only takes me 3. A lot of if I think is finding the vowels early, after that it all falls into place.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    Wordle and Nerdle both in 3 today.
  • This is why Nerdle is stupid

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4790
    edited February 2022
    5. Boo, another American spelling...
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    Why an American spelling on a co.uk website?
  • 5. Boo, another American spelling...
    crunchman said:
    Why an American spelling on a co.uk website?
    The chap behind it is Welsh I think. But presumably the USA is where the larger audience is. 

I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1252
    Spoiler alert?

Anyway found it trickier than others previous.  Took some figuring out after 3 but that's kind of the only part I find satisfying.  Getting lucky with guesses is less rewarding than having 3 yellows and systematically eliminating the possibilities.
  • 5. Boo, another American spelling...

Thanks. In 3 today :)
  • Welsh designer made it for his American girlfriend.. thanks for the US spelling tip. 

I am stuck at two today thinking..   so want it in three.
  • 2… easy :)
  • 4. Another one with a fairly clear pattern but about four words that would fit so just pot luck. 
    My two sons and the oldest one's girlfriend do it every day and we have a group chat sharing results so I'm tied into doing it until they get fed up. I'm clearly neither brilliant nor terrible at it so it's losing its charm a bit. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    It takes me 5 just about every day.  Even if I've got four letters and there are three possible words which would fit, I only ever get it on the third one.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4697
    Wordle saves 80-year-old hostage!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-60312231

Some bizarre details in this story...

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2318
    So did @Shrews ;ever actually prove his theory and tell us the next day's word....? Or was it all a load of BS?
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 878
    Anyone else find themselves staying up until midnight to do the new wordle?

If I don't get it in 3 I consider it a fail. Annoyingly took me 5 today despite getting three correct letters in the first line. I say "today", I mean 2 mins past 12 last night.
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1715
    edited February 2022
    FarleyUK said:
    So did @Shrews ;;ever actually prove his theory and tell us the next day's word....? Or was it all a load of BS?
    All BS. When he was called out he went missing. 

And the bastards at work have blocked the site. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Keiko said:
    Anyone else find themselves staying up until midnight to do the new wordle?

If I don't get it in 3 I consider it a fail. Annoyingly took me 5 today despite getting three correct letters in the first line. I say "today", I mean 2 mins past 12 last night.
    I'm always up after midnight. :)  I do it then if it crosses my mind.

Sometimes I'm on my home computer and sometimes I'm on my work one, so annoyingly I haven't got a complete track record.  I'm consistently bad on both machines though.
    3 & 3 today.

Wordle.JPG 28.7K
    Nerdle.JPG 22.3K
  • DCS222DCS222 Frets: 45
    In 4 today, it was kinda unclear for ages
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1591
    edited February 2022
    i noticed it was NY Times hosted now..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• In 2...back of the net