Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Wordle? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Wordle?

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    6 today.  My worst ever.  

Mainly because I'd ignored what I learned in the first row.

Lesson learned.  Don't Wordle when also on Teams calls.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2318
    Shrews said:
    @Devil#20

Ha! No, it doesn't work with horse racing, only where there are codes hidden in letters.

Look at my guess for yesterday and see how close it came to today's answer. They have altered something in the last few days that has thrown it out somewhat (I could only get it in two today, but easy enough when I tested yesterday's first guess).

I've always been a whizz with codebreaking, but never ventured into that line of work. I find things like this relatively straightforward, can see patterns pretty quick, and what I call the 'wobble', I only know one other person who had something similar and he didnt know anyone else who had it either. He was a computer programmer, right from the early days of computing, and had a 'real' photographic memory. Could remember extreme amounts of data, just by shutting his eye for a second, like the shutter of a camera. 
    Simple way to prove this - what will tomorrow's word be then?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Another easy 3 today
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 4.. but a far less used word or it would have been 2. Dammit.
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1726
    5 today
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    edited February 2022
    Normal service resumed - back to 4.

Average increased to 4.10 though after yesterday's aberration.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    4 again.  Multiple words that share 4 of the same letters and guessed wrong first time.
  • 5 today but I got letters 1, 3 and 4 in the second try but there are SO many words that you can make with that combination. Average also running at 4.1
  • 4!!!

GxGGx
    GGGGx
    GGGGx
    GGGGG

frustrating much!!!

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    edited February 2022
    Wordle 229 5/6

Which was annoying.
  • 4!!!

GxGGx
    GGGGx
    GGGGx
    GGGGG

frustrating much!!!

Exactly this.

And if you really want to give your brain a workout - Nerdle:

Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• 4!!!

GxGGx
    GGGGx
    GGGGx
    GGGGG

frustrating much!!!

Exactly this.

Access denied on my work machine! What is it ? :D
  • It's Wordle, with numbers.  You have the digits 0-9 and the operators + - * / =.  You have to create a correct calculation.  And every guess has to be correct, too.

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• That sounds my sort of thing. Funny my work (big 4 accounting & prof services) has blocked it but not wordle itself. Weird.
    edited February 2022
    @Jonathangus ;;

Ouch, that hurt!  I'll add it to my morning routine ...

nurdle1.JPG 32.6K
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    edited February 2022
    Bugger me. It didn’t help that I assumed a far more difficult bit of maths than the game did…

nerdlegame 15 5/6

• 4!!!

GxGGx
    GGGGx
    GGGGx
    GGGGG

frustrating much!!!

Exactly this.

Ohh.. hit it with some primes
  • Most of us used to hate worksheets of this stuff at school… whats’s up?
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 283
    Average of 4 on wordle, done about 14. Read something about codebreaking above and something in my brain clicked. My first 2.
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 283
    Oops, I hadn't seen the fairly obvious cheating method, I'm happy with my first genuine 2.
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1715
    How come @Shrews didn't give us today's answer yesterday. I think he must have seen his arse.  :)

Anyway, 2 for me today. 

AAGXX
    GGGGG

The AA couldn't possibly be reversed so had to be the last 2 letters leaving a couple of words for the second line and I guessed the correct one. Pure luck as it was the less common word. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    edited February 2022
    Turdle. Game over.

=) 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    Like nerdle!
    That nerdle is quite hard.  Got it on the last attempt.
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4080
    edited February 2022
    Wordle 4, Nerdle 3

Wordle 4, Nerdle 3
    Snap.

nurdle1.JPG 22.9K
  • Wordle 5
    Nerdle unlucky 4 with 2 values the wrong way around.
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Wordle 3, Nerdle 4
  • Wordle 3, Nerdle 3

first time playing Nerdle.. are they always simple maths?? I feared the big "Countdown" affair..

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

Wordle 3 Nerdle 4.