Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Wordle? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Wordle?

What's Hot

Comments

• Chris.BChris.B Frets: 238
    forgot to post for the last couple of days, but I have managed to raise my game a little - 3 for the last 3 days
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • And... Quordle.   :s

Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Wordle 2, but offset by Nerdle 4 for me today.

Wordle just lucky because my starting word was handily close to the solution.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Two versions of Wordle around today apparently dependant on wether you go to the old site or the new NY Times version. Some people seem to get one, some get the other. Different words.
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260
    Got my first 2 today! Got lucky with guess number one.
  • Gnarly! 
  • martmart Frets: 5165
    Two versions of Wordle around today apparently dependant on wether you go to the old site or the new NY Times version. Some people seem to get one, some get the other. Different words.
    So different that the correct word for one is not even in the word list for the other!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Two versions of Wordle around today apparently dependant on wether you go to the old site or the new NY Times version. Some people seem to get one, some get the other. Different words.
    Yep, original wordle was pretty tricky! Wife did the NY times one and it was much easier.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkb said:
    Yep, original wordle was pretty tricky! Wife did the NY times one and it was much easier.
    I only knew because my twitter feed is full of people saying the Times version is harder. In the eye of the beholder I guess. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    edited February 2022
    I've found it quite difficult the last few days, I think it's the NY Times version.  But I tend to rush it a bit, I don't feel like I should be spending 10 minutes pondering over it - I keep thinking about the contestants on Lingo and how time-pressured they are.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Yes I think if you spend ages doing it then it seems somewhat against the point of doing it at all. 

5 today, another one with a pattern that suggested about three words and was then guessing which. I can also imagine a few unhappy folk on twitter later as it’s maybe not a common word. 
  • Two versions of Wordle around today apparently dependant on wether you go to the old site or the new NY Times version. Some people seem to get one, some get the other. Different words.
    Yes, my other half and I found this out…..  not sure if it was just that day? I was away and when we compared words discovered I was on the NY site but he was still on the old one due to not closing the tab.
    the old site seems to have gone now…..?
    interestingly, his word wasn’t accepted as a word on the New York site :-)
  • 3 today.

Lucky guess for an obscure word but the only thing I could think of with an xAUxx which I guessed after getting both vowels as yellowish my first 2 guesses 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Yes, my other half and I found this out…..  not sure if it was just that day? I was away and when we compared words discovered I was on the NY site but he was still on the old one due to not closing the tab.
    yes I think the old site has gone and there was just an odd cross over period. 

Unsurprisingly some people on Twitter saying today's is not a real word and then sooo many people explaining what it is.   
    edited February 2022
    yes I think the old site has gone and there was just an odd cross over period. 

Unsurprisingly some people on Twitter saying today's is not a real word and then sooo many people explaining what it is.   
    Im still playing on the original site - todays word was not the same as the Ny times one.

Ah bolllox - just hit refresh and it went to Ny one!!! Im not selling out - I quit!!!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • martmart Frets: 5165
    I've still got both sites accessible, and now the relation between them is clear - yesterday's word on one is today's word on the other. But I guess that's related to the time difference, so if you hit the sites later in the day, maybe you get the same word on both sites.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Wordle 4 - avge 4.08
    Nerdle 2 -avge 3.80

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • mart said:
    I've still got both sites accessible, and now the relation between them is clear - yesterday's word on one is today's word on the other. But I guess that's related to the time difference, so if you hit the sites later in the day, maybe you get the same word on both sites.
    mart said:

The word lists are different. The NYTimes have removed some of the more difficult or obscure words .

damodai said:
    mart said:
    mart said:

The word lists are different. The NYTimes have removed some of the more difficult or obscure words .
    Ah thats why the NY times didnt have Agora a few days ago - original version did and it was tough!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 6724
    I thought everyone got different words, so that was today's ruined for my friend this morning.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    3 today
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
  • Man, today's one is pissing people off on twitter...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260
    Got today's in 4.
    Finished Quordle in 7 though!
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    Man, today's one is pissing people off on twitter...
    I got it in 2, piece of piss. Perfectly normal word. The word I usually use as my first was quite helpful though. Swill got people cross too - some people said it wasn’t a real word!
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 3 today. One of those limited option ones so seemed fairly easy. Seems like an ordinary word to me. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    3 today.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    mrkb said:
    damodai said:
    mart said:
    mart said:

Ah thats why the NY times didnt have Agora a few days ago - original version did and it was tough!
    I got AGORA a few days ago, thinking it was the rabbit, but it turns out that aNGora - doh!
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    edited February 2022
    Also since the NYT people seem to be getting more 5s and 6s, and a few don’t get it in 6, so it seems pretty well judged. 

There was a funny example of shake where the person had shame, then shale, shape, shave, shade and share, showing green green green grey green all the way down. 

But surely when they’d got shame, the right strategy is to try a word that uses as many as the other letters as possible like prick or something, that’s what I do anyway. 
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Chris.BChris.B Frets: 238
    5 today.  I don't see any problem with today's word. Not being a regular Twitter user, I don't know that has upset them today
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    2 today.  That is very rare for me, I've been on a long run of 5s and 6s.