Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Wordle? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Wordle?

What's Hot

Comments

• the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1572
    I’ve failed the last two. No criticism of the game from me; I just didn’t get the words. 

My eyes are dry
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    3 on Wordle today, and 3 on Nerdle,

Averaging just over 4 on W, and just under 4 on N.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    Started doing this just t'other day, after a few days of failing miserably I had a 3 yesterday and 5 today so I'm on a 2 day streak, get me! Hahahahahaha

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 2983
    Chris.B said:
    5 today.  I don't see any problem with today's word. Not being a regular Twitter user, I don't know that has upset them today
    I’d never heard of it.   Still managed to blag it in five, though. 

Interestingly, according to the search function, the word has never been used on this forum either.  
  • Failed today, had 4 letters after 3rd attempt but went totally down the wrong path. Ah well, never mind.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • RobDavies said:
    Chris.B said:
    5 today.  I don't see any problem with today's word. Not being a regular Twitter user, I don't know that has upset them today
    I’d never heard of it.   Still managed to blag it in five, though. 

Interestingly, according to the search function, the word has never been used on this forum either.  
    Search function be whack. It's definitely been used here many times.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • Just noticed when doing today's Wordle that the animation when the letters reveal seems different, faster somehow. Why can't NYT just leave it alone? They have to tinker. Also, the last week's words appear have been harder, are they using a different dictionary database I wonder.

Also, the last week's words appear have been harder, are they using a different dictionary database I wonder.
    It's not affected my scoring.

Wordle in 4  again (Nerdle in 3, again)

Wordle.JPG 29.2K
    Nerdle.JPG 21.8K
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    edited February 2022
    Just noticed when doing today's Wordle that the animation when the letters reveal seems different, faster somehow. Why can't NYT just leave it alone? They have to tinker. Also, the last week's words appear have been harder, are they using a different dictionary database I wonder.

I've done yesterday and today in 3.  Doesn't seem that much harder.

I've given up on Nerdle.  You solve it but because it doesn't treat A x B as the same as B x A in terms of the final answer, you end up having to use an extra go.  It annoys me too much.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited February 2022
    crunchman said:

I've given up on Nerdle.  You solve it but because it doesn't treat A x B as the same as B x A

@crunchman ;
     "Allow commutative answers" in the settings - sorts that out.
    TTony said:
    crunchman said:

I've given up on Nerdle.  You solve it but because it doesn't treat A x B as the same as B x A

@crunchman ;
     "Allow commutative answers" in the settings - sorts that out.

Didn't know that
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13679
    edited February 2022
    I don't really see the point of posting how many goes it took to get Wordle each day. I can't remember what word it was or how many goes it took me to get it 15 minutes later. I play it on my iPad when I wake up and again when I get downstairs on my Mac with a cup of tea. By the time I'm downstairs I'll be buggered if I can remember it and sometimes fail to get it.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Maybe there’s only a point in posting how many goes when you’ve done really well - got it in 2 today!
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    I got it in half. 
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    viz said:
    I got it in half. 
     I had it a few weeks ago!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    By the time I'm downstairs I'll be buggered if I can remember it and sometimes fail to get it.
    Yeah, but you're the guy who gets to the corner shop and then realises that he forgot to get dressed before leaving the house.

Wordle 2 - avge now 4.04
    Nerdle 3 - avge now  3.60
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4697
    The "Matt" cartoon in the Telegraph today featured a woman telling her friend "I'll miss the free covid tests, we do them every day because we find Wordle too difficult"  :)

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTony said:
    By the time I'm downstairs I'll be buggered if I can remember it and sometimes fail to get it.
    Yeah, but you're the guy who gets to the corner shop and then realises that he forgot to get dressed before leaving the house.

Wordle 2 - avge now 4.04
    Nerdle 3 - avge now  3.60
    Maybe but at least I don't feel compelled to post a set of numbers each day in some kind of willy waving contest.  =)

• Bloody hell , finally got a 2 today through sheer fluke . I won’t say too much so I don’t give it away.
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4080
    As this is a music forum, you should probably try this:

https://heardle.app
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1572

Within 2 seconds

That's mint, got it straight away like, pretty easy today ;)

• KeikoKeiko Frets: 878

Got it first attempt. Too easy.
    I'm still doing a daily Wordle - part of the morning switch-on routine now.

wordle.JPG 29.2K
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    the_jaffa said:

Within 2 seconds
    I could hum along to the the next few bars from 2 seconds - but I couldn't name the artist/song.  It's one of those background-noise tracks for me.
    There have been a few nasty ones recently.  There was one I didn't get the other day.  There are a lot of options for words that end in OUND.
  • Got today's in 2.. Fluke obviously but its another that could break some people with word options. 
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• breezytelebreezytele Frets: 262
    crunchman said:
    There have been a few nasty ones recently.  There was one I didn't get the other day.  There are a lot of options for words that end in OUND.
    That’s why, after getting OUND in green, my next word was WOMBS, 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    crunchman said:
    Same here, broke my streak, bastards!!

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Heardle doesn't work where I am :(

But I got a genuine 1 in Wordle today. Feels like cheating just because they happened to use my regular starting word.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires