Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Wordle? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Wordle?

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    I got heardle working via vpn. Obvious choice is obvious, today at least...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    crunchman said:
    There have been a few nasty ones recently.  There was one I didn't get the other day.  There are a lot of options for words that end in OUND.
    That’s why, after getting OUND in green, my next word was WOMBS, 
    And that's the strategy.

You can try F or R or or W or (etc) in turn, and either need to get lucky, or you run our of rows.  It's pure hit-and-miss luck.

So, find another word that uses as many of the options as possible, you know it'll be wrong as a word, but it might just tell you which letter you need.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • yep ^^ this is the way!!
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802

But I got a genuine 1 in Wordle today. Feels like cheating just because they happened to use my regular starting word.
    That happened to me today. I have two different starters though so I'm more amazing, right? ;) 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • bencowling81bencowling81 Frets: 416
    Bit of an effects pedal theme to today’s wordle 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Bit of an effects pedal theme to today’s wordle 
    Hadn’t done it, done it now a bit rushed. Ahh, okay, I see. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • Chris.BChris.B Frets: 238
    Is anyone else still doing a daily Wordle?  I was defeated by yesterday's (6th Jan) puzzle. I looked up the answer and I'm not surprised, it's not a word that is in my vocabulary.

Am I alone in failing? Did everyone else find it easy?

• MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3376
    Chris.B said:
    Is anyone else still doing a daily Wordle?  I was defeated by yesterday's (6th Jan) puzzle. I looked up the answer and I'm not surprised, it's not a word that is in my vocabulary.

I also failed yesterday, which is very unusual for me, and so did my son (we compete).

Both managed a three today. 

Musicwolf said:

I also failed yesterday, which is very unusual for me, and so did my son (we compete).

Both managed a three today. 

Thanks @Musicwolf ;I'm relieved to hear that it wasn't just me. I've not done today's yet - I'll take 3 as my target.  
    I gave up when they started spaffing adverts on the page, and now fo the 4, 5, and 6 letter versions at Phrazle. 
    Sporky said:
    I gave up when they started spaffing adverts on the page,
    I've not seen any ads??

I've missed a few days when I've been away from home/laptop, but it's generally part of my morning wake-up routine.
    wordle.png 42.1K
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    I took 6 yesterday but I did get it.

I missed the day before though so my streak is back to 2 instead of 40ish.
    I just tried it and no ads. I wonder if I imagined them. 
    Sporky said:
    I just tried it and no ads. I wonder if I imagined them. 
    Were they ads for lego sex dolls?
  • Yesterday's was tricky; I think it took me 5.

No ads on Wordle, but they started appearing on Nerdle a while back.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

If they were, do you think I'd have stopped? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260
    I still do a daily Wordle, Quordle, and Heardle in the morning and share scores with my sister. It starts the day and helps us keep in touch.

Got Wordle in 3 yesterday and today.
  • It's part of my morning routine as well.
    That and Squardle, which I like very much - it has weekly puzzle challenge too.

https://fubargames.se/squardle/
    Squardle is ace. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Chris.B said:

I still do Wordle although I've missed a few days, or played on a different device, and broken streaks a few times.

I definitely got the one on 6 January, but I can't remember what it was.  I never can remember by the next day.
  • I still do Wordle and, um, Redactle: https://redactle-unlimited.com/ which is a random Wikipedia entry completely redacted (except for some basic words). For a long time I found it completely impossible, but I think I've got the hang of it now. I do allow myself to do research when it's something (like science or maths) that I honestly don't know the terminology for. I still find it interesting to do, even when I don't get it.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1572
    edited January 2023
    I do Wordle and Weaver daily although Weaver has just started having adverts which is frustrating. 

Yesterday’s Wordle took me 6 too
  • Not done it for a few months..  Three today.

Wordle 567 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜
    I still do wordle and quordle most days. Nerdle most days but that annoys me regularly. 

I don’t like squardle and heardle doesn’t work in this country, but I do liked Framed
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260
    Just tried Squardle. Took me half an hour! It's a clever game but I don't have time for that in the morning.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    DiscoStu said:
    Just tried Squardle. Took me half an hour! It's a clever game but I don't have time for that in the morning.

You get quicker.  It remembers your progress, so you can do five minutes and then come back to it later.

The difficulty varies through the week.  Monday is normally the easiest and it gets harder through the week.  They won't all take that long.
  • Three again…

Wordle 569 3/6

⬜⬜
    re ads... I usually do it at wordle.com, but just logged into the NYtimes link (https://www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html) and it has a banner ad there.
    I don't mind a banner advert - a small price to pay for a daily puzzle. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited January 2023
    Today's Phrazle is wrong. There's a homonym in there that makes it meaningless, and it's not a UK/US spelling thing.