Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Wordle? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Wordle?

What's Hot

Comments

• Today's Quordle nearly broke me. Broken by a 50/50 guess for the first letter of the 4th word :( 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    Today's Squaredle is a fun one.  Not a single vowel in the grid.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1684
    crunchman said:
    Today's Squaredle is a fun one.  Not a single vowel in the grid.
    Just done it. Good one
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Chris.BChris.B Frets: 238
    It had to happen one day - Wordle used my usual starting word so I got a "hole in one" for the first time.

Are any of you guys using today's solution word as your regular starting word?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Ha, yes 1:1
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    No, but todays did make me think a lot of people would have it as a starter word. 

I have had both my typical starters come up in the last few months. It actually annoyed me because then you don’t really get to do the puzzle! 
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4121
    Yes, this is a starter word I frequently use, so I finally got the hole in one this morning as well! As sticky says, there are probably lots of people use this word.
    No, but todays did make me think a lot of people would have it as a starter word. 

I know what you mean, it was quite a novelty to get it in one, but then realised that there was no puzzle for today. 

Next decision, should I change my standard opening word?
    Chris.B said:

I know what you mean, it was quite a novelty to get it in one, but then realised that there was no puzzle for today. 

I have a standard 2 openers - sound and irate. When sound came up I switched to using irate first , but when irate came up I realised I didn't actually care about getting "1s" so didn't change to different starting words. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • No, but todays did make me think a lot of people would have it as a starter word. 

I have had both my typical starters come up in the last few months. It actually annoyed me because then you don’t really get to do the puzzle! 
    Yes it's my starter word sometimes. But I mainly use ADIEU.

Oops I suppose everybody now knows that's not the word today :)

It's not a competition.
  • BodBod Frets: 1206
    Chris.B said:
    It had to happen one day - Wordle used my usual starting word so I got a "hole in one" for the first time.

Are any of you guys using today's solution word as your regular starting word?
    Yep me!  It's a great day.
  • 0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    I start with Satin. But I've not played Wordle for a while. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Yeah, I only just found this t'other week. It's like Only Connect except (usually!) easier :) 
  • I do now!

Wordle, Framed, and Cell Tower are my usual games.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    Chris.B said:

Of course, I would have to.  
    I do now!

Cell Tower is new for me - absolutely devilish but in a good way. Ta!
    I can't work cell tower. :(
  • Sporky said:
    I can't work cell tower. :(
    Left to right top to bottom you cannot go backwards or back up.  Once you do a couple you start to see it.
    I do now!

Wordle, Quordle, and Octordle for me.

If Quordle use another Yank spelling though (Fiber the other day) I am going to give up on it.
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4080
    Ta!  Added to the list.

(Wordle, Globle, Flagle, Framed, Waffle, Phrazle, and occasionally Quordle and Nerdle.)
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

I've cut down.

Blossom
    Squardle
    Waffle
    Redactle

And now Connections. 
  • NothingOnTheTeleNothingOnTheTele Frets: 312
    edited August 2023
    Nerdle's another good one. It's essentially just the maths game from Countdown.

Edit: No wait, it's Numble I'm thinking of. Nerdle's good too though.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    No mistakes, no cheating, although slow enough that I would have run out of time on the Only Connect wall. Also had to think American. But it was good. 

I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • Nerdle really annoys me. But I do it anyway because it's habit now. I don't know Numble and it's blocked at work. Will try at home when I remember. 
    Numble is fun.  Thanks @NothingOnTheTele ;
  • My 61 day streak just came to an end with today's wordle. 
    I should've had much longer streak but haven't done my daily puzzle on holiday and then couple months before. It hurts ;)
    My 61 day streak just came to an end with today's wordle. 
    I should've had much longer streak but haven't done my daily puzzle on holiday and then couple months before. It hurts ;)
    I had 5 atttemps and got to 3 greens but I could not come up with a word. 

I passed the tablet to Mrs Chris. B........ She used the last guess and got it right in less than 5 minutes 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    I never manage a streak that long.  I always end up with one like "_ _AIR" or "_ _ AND" where there are loads of possible answers and I pick all the wrong ones.
  • Philly_Q said:
    I never manage a streak that long.  I always end up with one like "_ _AIR" or "_ _ AND" where there are loads of possible answers and I pick all the wrong ones.
    The trick with those is to come up with some other word that uses as many potential letters as possible. 

e.g if you have _ _ ARE it could be STARE, SHARE, BLARE or SNARE or others. But rather than guessing those you could go for BLUSH which will give you info on a lot of those options without using 4 guesses. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter