Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Wordle? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Wordle?

What's Hot

Comments

• the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1572
    Got the last three letters on my first guess but took until the fourth one to get the right word. Bit frustrating
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 2 today.. First time.. Chuffed. 
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    TTony said:
    TTony said:
    Another 4.
    Again.
    Again again.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  •  My first 2 today.   :3
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Wordle fans, stand by for advertising & possibly even paywalls.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60208463
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    My first 2 today  :)
  • Chris.BChris.B Frets: 238
    Wordle fans, stand by for advertising & possibly even paywalls.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60208463
    Can't blame the guy for selling the game.  Who amongst us would not accept a 7 figure sum if we were in that position.

In the meantime - another 4 today. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 4 today
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    I'm not saying that the sale will affect anything...

but today's word is PEPSI

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2424
    After hitting 11 straight one guess answers (the letter coding I sussed), yesterday I hit an anomaly and it took three. Not sure what happened but maybe they've spotted their error and tweaked it

Back to the drawing board maybe. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    TWO!!  First time ever!!
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4790
    edited February 2022
    My first 2 also! Tried a new start word which seemed to suggest a couple  of possibilities, chose correctly :) 
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13679
    edited February 2022
    New York Times have purchased Wordle, it will remain free for now but I suspect they will monetise it fairly quickly, millions of global users is money.

Sorry Kittfrisk already mentioned this above.

I love it, it's now an ingrained part of my morning routine, wake up between 4:30-5:00 grab iPad, read news, then Worlde!

• 3 today. Lol
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • 2 !!
  • 2 !!
    I was close to 2. I had 3 options and went with the worst one
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1726
    Two too woo! 
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Done it in two again. Yesterday and today  :o
  • 2 today...
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1591
    edited February 2022
    Shrews said:
    After hitting 11 straight one guess answers (the letter coding I sussed), yesterday I hit an anomaly and it took three. Not sure what happened but maybe they've spotted their error and tweaked it

wtaf!??!?

Other than looking at the answer in the source code.. what else have you spotted??

My trading feedback

• Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1715
    Shrews said:

wtaf!??!?

Other than looking at the answer in the source code.. what else have you spotted??

Because you don't have a Wordle account it stores your stats on the device you are using. All he has to do is find the word on another device and put that into the one he's using I suspect. I'm sure he'll be able to refute this by availing us of his system. If it works with horse racing I'd be very interested.  =)

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited February 2022
    My first ever 2 today. 
    XAXGX
    GGGGG

Ian

• All those lessons on phonemes and graphemes paid off! 
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2424
    @Devil#20

Ha! No, it doesn't work with horse racing, only where there are codes hidden in letters.

Look at my guess for yesterday and see how close it came to today's answer. They have altered something in the last few days that has thrown it out somewhat (I could only get it in two today, but easy enough when I tested yesterday's first guess).

I've always been a whizz with codebreaking, but never ventured into that line of work. I find things like this relatively straightforward, can see patterns pretty quick, and what I call the 'wobble', I only know one other person who had something similar and he didnt know anyone else who had it either. He was a computer programmer, right from the early days of computing, and had a 'real' photographic memory. Could remember extreme amounts of data, just by shutting his eye for a second, like the shutter of a camera. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    edited February 2022
    Shrews said:

This just doesn't pass a BS test.
    What is much more likely is you simply use a different device to input the correct answer.

I'm slightly incredulous you thought this was going to be believed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3631
    edited February 2022
    You can also use an Incognito window, get the word and then enter it in your usual browser to get your stats up, but what's the point? If you're sad enough to have to cheat so you can show your superiority on social media then you have bigger problems in your life.
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 2989
    tFB Trader
    For fans of vulgarity, here's a NSFW version

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• KeikoKeiko Frets: 878
    RiftAmps said:
    For fans of vulgarity, here's a NSFW version

Got it in 2!
    Shrews said:
    @Devil#20

Look at my guess for yesterday and see how close it came to today's answer. They have altered something in the last few days that has thrown it out somewhat (I could only get it in two today, but easy enough when I tested yesterday's first guess).

Are you going to tell us what your system is or just dance around your metaphorical handbag?

Ian

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 5625
    Devil#20 said:
    Shrews said:
    @Devil#20

Are you going to tell us what your system is or just dance around your metaphorical handbag?
    +1

When I look back at the past solutions, I cannot see any relationship that would create a 1:1 link between successive words. Of course, it's possible I don't have a crypto-brain. :)

You can see past solutions here (SPOILER WARNING - INCLUDES TODAY'S WORDLE): https://progameguides.com/wordle/all-wordle-answers-in-2022-updated-daily/#previous-wordles
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter