Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Wordle? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Wordle?

What's Hot

Comments

• Switch625Switch625 Frets: 560
    Man I am stumped... 2 yellow no greens and 3/6 guesses done!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Got it in four - but a lot of thinking between attempts 3 and 4.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    5, could have been 4 as one or the other, but took me bloomin ages as I got the 4th letter in first row. And I was struggling for legal words that included that.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    2 options for line 4.

I chose the wrong option, so done in 5 today - but that's just a good/bad luck thing.
    :(
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Didn't get it at all... not a word I'm actually familiar with. Ah well.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1715
    Bugger. I was on a roll of 3/6 but today 4/6

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6565
    edited January 2022 tFB Trader
    Did it in 3 today. First two lines only had one green but eliminated enough letters that it could only be one word.

I found the Wordle word list today, so ruined it for myself for the next few days. DON'T LOOK KIDS! It's like finding your Christmas presents in your parents' wardrobe.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    4 today.

Annoyed.
  • 4 again, had to have a very long think after 3rd go with only 3rd and 4th letters.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • Chris.BChris.B Frets: 238
    5 today and quite a lot of thinking time required - I was getting a bit worried
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • donbotdonbot Frets: 335
    4 for me today. Here’s my stats so far. How’s everyone else doing? 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    @donbot 4 today. I'm as many 4s as others put together. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    donbot said:
    4 for me today. Here’s my stats so far. How’s everyone else doing

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 5625
    4 again. I have mostly 4s, too.
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1252
    Did it in 3 today. First two lines only had one green but eliminated enough letters that it could only be one word.

I found the Wordle word list today, so ruined it for myself for the next few days. DON'T LOOK KIDS! It's like finding your Christmas presents in your parents' wardrobe.
    Somebody hacked them apparently.  Can't be hard for them to change the upcoming words so I hope all the cheats get their just desserts!
    4 today
  • sinbaadi said:

Somebody hacked them apparently.  Can't be hard for them to change the upcoming words so I hope all the cheats get their just desserts!

I backwards engineered it last week to see how it works.. and the word list is downloaded to your computer cache, as is your scores and the current "solution"...  all plain text. The word of the day is basically driven from a seed based on the current date...  So I changed this piece of code to allow me to force feed a date..  and that allowed me to play numerous times.. past and future of course... but there was a link posted here to a site that allows multiple games so I abandoned mine.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

3 today.

I'm trialling the use of the same starting word, Audio - I'm not sure if it is a good strategy and/or choice of starting word yet. 
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2424
    Chris.B said:
    3 today.

I'm trialling the use of the same starting word, Audio - I'm not sure if it is a good strategy and/or choice of starting word yet. 
    No, not audio, simply because not many words end in an O. Therefore, it might be there, but in the wrong position and that means you've still got to find it.

One with four vowels that ends in an E would be better
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Shrews said:
    No, not audio, simply because not many words end in an O. Therefore, it might be there, but in the wrong position and that means you've still got to find it.

One with four vowels that ends in an E would be better
    Thanks Shrews, I'll give that some thought as the challenge continues. 
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1572
    edited January 2022
    I use AROSE as my first word. It’s got three highly likely vowels and a couple of high probability consonants.

Then BUILT or GUILT as my second word if needed as they fill in the rest of the vowels and a couple more good consonant options.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    2 this morning. 

Still using AUDIO as it has 4 vowels ( and if the U is green that suggests a possible Q word). 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • I didn't get one yesterday at all! And today's one I got in 4th!
  • donbotdonbot Frets: 335
    3 for me today. 
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1715
    3/6 again today.

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Slightly nervy 5...

xxxxx
    xYxxx
    xxGxx
    YGGxG
    GGGGG
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    Wow, last 3 letters correct on the 2nd turn, but only got it correct on the 6th,  it’s a bit of a lottery when that sort of thing happens 
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    My 3rd go was a 50/50 that I got wrong. I went for the cool more obscure word and that didn't work :anguished:  
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break.