Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Wordle? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Wordle?

What's Hot

Comments

• ShrewsShrews Frets: 2424
    goldtop said:
    3 today, too. And it wasn't looking promising after the second attempt (one green, one orange).

(So far - about a week for me - it does seem like the person setting the daily puzzle is keeping to pretty regularly used words.)
    Yes, because likely only 10 year olds are playing it apart from us on the FB forum.  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Gawd. Hate it when they do that to us.

Got it in 4, though.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5261
    Yeah, 4 here as well.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7708
  • Final attempt!
  • It’s a strange game. Almost seems as though a broader vocabulary makes it harder to get the answer in fewer turns.
  • It’s a strange game. Almost seems as though a broader vocabulary makes it harder to get the answer in fewer turns.
    I’d LOVE to think that is true!

Got it in 4 today, been a sluggish 5 the last few days.

• springheadspringhead Frets: 1522
    4 today. I’m on played 15 won 15. I’m sure it won’t last. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    2 today, got lucky on the first guess and had 3 in the correct position.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    First time today.  Got it in 3.
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 5625
    4 today. Ms GT (for whom English is a 3rd language) got it in 3. 
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1715
    My first go today. Only managed it in 5 but that's because I didn't know you could have the same letter twice. I thought they all had to be unique. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• Chris.BChris.B Frets: 238
    Another 4 for me today, seems to be my average. 

I sometimes struggle to come up with a word so I leave the PC and come back later in the hope that something will bring a few suggestions to mind. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    4. Meh
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    5 again
    :(
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1252
    3 today and pleased that I was able to work it out based on having only 2 letters with one in position after my second guess.

Generally though, it's so much about luck.

The 1-per-day puzzle for everyone system is genius.  Without that people would be bored in just a few days playing game after game, instead it has weeks and weeks of longevity.  The app was demo'd on BBC news with Susi Dent, whilst every day there's a gameshow called Lingo on ITV with the exact same puzzles!!  It's crazy.
  • In 3 today. Pleased as first two tries didn't look promising.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    4. I thought I was stumped after 3 as well so quite pleased in the end. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    2 and 3 for the last two games, although I had a poor run prior to that.  All down to relatively good luck with the first guess.  As I said before, I've new-found respect for the people who appear on Lingo and play under time pressure in front of TV cameras!
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 878
    Shrews said:
    Got it in 5, but after bigging up 'audio' as the opener I'm now moving away from that word.
    Try starting with the answer from the previous day ;)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Actually, I think I've found a pattern in the system and think I could get this in one most days, with a bit more data possibly every day. It's all out there! Not sure if they know about it? 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1715
    sinbaadi said:
    3 today and pleased that I was able to work it out based on having only 2 letters with one in position after my second guess.

Generally though, it's so much about luck.

The 1-per-day puzzle for everyone system is genius.  Without that people would be bored in just a few days playing game after game, instead it has weeks and weeks of longevity.  The app was demo'd on BBC news with Susi Dent, whilst every day there's a gameshow called Lingo on ITV with the exact same puzzles!!  It's crazy.
    Yes I like the idea of it being one a day too. Only did the first one today but how do you get your daily stats logged because there is no account to set up. If you use the same device is will know of course. Another quick question. Does your guess have to be a proper word?

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Devil#20 said:
    Another quick question. Does your guess have to be a proper word?

Yes it does.
  • We're properly stumped today, with only 2 letters after 4 guesses.
    Then we realised we'd overlooked one of those letters as being repeated. Not the other letter, though, we tried that. And suddenly, it all became very simple.
    edited January 2022
    <ADMIN: Entire post removed. @Shrews - please don't ruin a whole day's puzzle for everybody else, that's a bit of a dick move>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Apols, I thought it was now common knowledge on this thread that everyone attempted the puzzle before commenting on here. 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7708
    Now, for 2nd language learners, this is a good little app. Thinking of the different word constructs and having the required vocab makes it much more challenging.

https://wordle.uber.space/ for the German version.

3 goes in both English and German for me today.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    Wordle 216 3/6

• Shrews said:
    <ADMIN: Entire post removed. @Shrews - please don't ruin a whole day's puzzle for everybody else, that's a bit of a dick move>
    I LOL'd that because I assumed it contained an intentional joke. Sorry if I missed the point :)
    If not, I'll explain later, after today's Wordle finishes.
    It's not a competition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SteffoSteffo Frets: 568
    Tried the first time today, my wife is addicted. Sent her the result! More for the word than the 4 tries go.