Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Wordle? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Wordle?

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    in 3 after having none correct in first guess - happy with that
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 5625
    Bah - 6! :(

Had none at all from my first two lines, two greens in line 3 and then it took me 3 steps to get the first letter. Stupidly, I decided to be a grown-up guesser, and it cost me. Lesson learned.

Shrews said:
    <ADMIN: Entire post removed. @Shrews - please don't ruin a whole day's puzzle for everybody else, that's a bit of a dick move>
    To be fair, though, there are always going to be vague hints within the non-specific comments of this thread. Anyone checking in here BEFORE trying the puzzle should expect to see spoilers. IMHO.

Perhaps we can add "(includes possible spoilers)" to the thread title?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • goldtop said:

Had none at all from my first two lines, two greens in line 3 and then it took me 3 steps to get the first letter. Stupidly, I decided to be a grown-up guesser, and it cost me. Lesson learned.

Shrews said:
    <ADMIN: Entire post removed. @Shrews - please don't ruin a whole day's puzzle for everybody else, that's a bit of a dick move>
    To be fair, though, there are always going to be vague hints within the non-specific comments of this thread. Anyone checking in here BEFORE trying the puzzle should expect to see spoilers. IMHO.

There's a difference between vague hints and posting a screenshot of the solution ;)
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • goldtop said:

Shrews said:

There's a difference between vague hints and posting a screenshot of the solution ;)

Was there an intentional hint/joke in one of the words in the ADMIN message :)

It's not a competition.
  • goldtop said:

Shrews said:

Was there an intentional hint/joke in one of the words in the ADMIN message :)

Actually, no. But if there was, it would've been really funny :D
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Switch625Switch625 Frets: 560
    Got it in 2 again today. Just a random guess based on how I was feeling lol

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Anyone else get it first go today? ;)

• Anyone else get it first go today? ;)

Nope, got it on the fourth go.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Back to 4 lines for me.

But as I had 4 greens at go 2, I was a bit disappointed.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ah, I missed a trick there.
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2424
    goldtop said:

Shrews said:

Just to reclarify, there was no malice in my post, I just wanted to back up my claim about their being clues in the code (think Bible Code, not computer code) that would allow you to get it one. It certainly worked last night, but no guarantees it'll work on other nights.

Genuinely thought through reading other posts that nobody looked on here before attempting the puzzle. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    I don’t think we should have answer spoilers in the thread.
    It will be easier to manage if we just have a blanket ban on them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • octatonic said:
    I don’t think we should have answer spoilers in the thread.
    It will be easier to manage if we just have a blanket ban on them.
    Agreed.

Today - I got it on 2nd attempt. Funny one too.
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1715
    In fairness to @Shrews, if you do this puzzle everyday then you aren't going to read this thread until you've attempted it. Why the hell would you. We only come on here to brag how many lines it took us anyway (well I do anyway =) ). Started off with a miserable 5 on my first go yesterday but down to 3 today. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

4 again.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    I'm fairly consistently 4 now. 3 or less would be a level of smart/ luck which I don't have. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • 5. Would've been 4, but it was a coin flip that went the wrong way.
    <space for hire>
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5261
    My sister got it in one go today!
    I got it in 3.
  • Fourth attempt. 
  • Chris.BChris.B Frets: 238
    Another 4 for me today.  

I get the impression that 4 is the "normal" score unless you have a bit of luck.
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1715
    Another 3 today. Had to have a 10 minute break between 2nd and 3rd line until I decided there was only one word I could make. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• 3 today. Could have been 2 but chose the wrong of 2 possibles after my first go :)

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2424
    Got it in one again today, that's three on the bounce now. I have spotted a number of ways that it couldn't be achievable in one, but they are likely to be rare events, because it concerns one of the rarer letters and I can't get my head around the coding structure for that one. They've possibly left it as a 'random') or just forgotten about it  =))

There is another that I've put on a 'watch' because I have my suspicions that I may be wrong even if it's been good so far. 
    Chris.B said:

I get the impression that 4 is the "normal" score unless you have a bit of luck.
    That's the conclusion that I've reached too.

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 5625
    4, with 3 being 1-letter off. Grr...
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 3950
    Bastard 4.
    Could've been 2 if it wasn't for one pesky letter.
    Record time for me though; maybe a minute.
    Which is cool, but I kind of enjoy the long head-scratching days too.
  • Oof. Got it on 6 today, sheesh.
    <space for hire>
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1252
    First one I've got in 2, today.  Went random with the starter word.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    3 in about a minute. Not sure I’ll ever top that! 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • 3 yesterday, 3 again today.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb