Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Wordle? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Wordle?

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 26143

My 4th go was a 50/50.  Annoying when it's just a guess.
    :(
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1715
    Only a 4/6 today. Struggled for 15 mins trying to make a word on 4th line. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 5625
    4 (again) and like @EricTheWeary my line 3 was 50:50. Grr...
  • Switch625Switch625 Frets: 560
    4 again today
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1252
    I did it in 3 today.  I think strategically, or perhaps mathematically, there are ways to play that are better than others.

I'm finding it more fun to play less obvious starter words, though.  It's a bit of a lottery!

• Chris.BChris.B Frets: 238
    4 here, but I have to confess to seeking domestic help. With 2 greens in the middle and 1 yellow, I could not come up with any word so after getting nowhere I called in higher powers and my wife solved it in very short order. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    3 today. Boom!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Isn’t this just Yahtzee with letters?  Not played it.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7708
    edited January 2022
    Isn’t this just Yahtzee with letters?  Not played it.
    No.

I think closer to hangman, without the man or the hanging. Oh, and guessing words to get letters, rather than letters to get words.
  • It's also kinda like mastermind.
  • 3.. First time in a while.. 
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• Got it in 2 :astonished:  But that's just luck. I've not done that before.

It's not a competition.
    3/6 in less than a minute. Lucky with my first two guesses. 

Ian

3. With none in line 1; which sort of helps.
  • Switch625Switch625 Frets: 560
    5 today. Could've been 4 if I guessed the other way around lol.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    5 again, which is becoming my default result... could equally well have been 3 or 4 though, if I'd guessed lucky.
  • SteffoSteffo Frets: 568
    My wife did it in two, with ZERO letters on the first try. And then I did in two with just one yellow letter on the first go. We need to play the lottery...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Did it in 2 for the first time ever . Usually I start with a word containing common letters and hope to get some greens . This time I didn’t and managed to get a few yellows which narrowed it down and I guessed right 
  • donbotdonbot Frets: 335
    Three for me today. Had a good streak over the last week so expecting a 5 or 6 any time soon.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    First 3 for a while.

Current average 4.22.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3112
    edited January 2022
    It's also kinda like mastermind.
    Yep.. thats the game I remember,  mixed it up with Yahtzee,

Got it in 4 today on first go. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    This has to be the most boring thread ever.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    axisus said:
    This has to be the most boring thread ever.
    I'm pretty sure we've had threads about football manager transfers, dude...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1726
    TTony said:
    First 3 for a while.

Current average 4.22.
    4.16. I current have a pleasingly symmetrical distribution. 

1: 0
    2: 1
    3: 7
    4: 9
    5: 7
    6: 1
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    4/6 Two options for 3rd line and guessed the wrong one. 

Ian

• Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 1965
    Not sure what I was thinking about when doing yesterdays one

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Chris.BChris.B Frets: 238
    5 today.  It was the first time that my opening word gave me 5 greys. Followed by 2 yellows on the second word, I was getting worried!

Bizarrely, according to www.wordle.at I am not significantly worse at German Wordle than English. :anguished: 

And that's including weird German grammatical endings. That said, Germans do like a long word, so perhaps the pool of 5-letter words is much smaller than English Wordle? 
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    Fishboy7 said:
    Not sure what I was thinking about when doing yesterdays one

I’m just glad it’s 5 letters not 4. 
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.