Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). UFOs are here.. get your tin hats on folks. - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

UFOs are here.. get your tin hats on folks.

What's Hot

Comments

• 79 I39m not saying it was aliens but it was aliens ideas in 2021  world  mythology myths amp monsters ancient aliens

And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBM said:
    WiresDreamDisasters said:

What do you mean by 'independently' ????
    Mars became extremely arid and incapable of supporting active complex life billions of years ago, long before it arose on Earth. If there was ever complex life on Mars, it can't have been the progenitor of complex life on Earth since it couldn't have survived the only feasible means of transport - being carried here on meteorites blasted from the surface of Mars by impacts - since only extremely basic, primitive life could do - it would have had to spend a similar amount of time in space before it got here and would have to be some dormant form.

Hence any complex life in both places must have arisen independently, proving that step is less difficult than it appears from the evidence on Earth alone. If it's happened twice in one solar system, it's a certainty that it will have happened elsewhere, given the size of the Universe. So finding any kind of complex life on Mars - even fossil - would be the most significant event in the history of human science since it would mean that we are not alone.
    Yeah but have you factored the Stargate into your theory???? ;)

Bye!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4697
    Emp_Fab said:
    Does anyone subscribe to the idea that we might be originally from Mars?  Or that Mars had a civilisation millions of years before us?  Not that long ago they were dismissing the notion that Mars ever had water - now it's accepted there were oceans.
    Ray Bradbury did - have a read of The Martian Chronicles.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    My apologies for digging THIS out again. If life can happen here, why not elsewhere? That said, if I were an extraterrestrial, do you think I'd want to come here? :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
    Seems like a young physicist is looking to reverse UFO propulsion technology from the known 'facts' we have on them at the moment. Fascinating stuff.

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Not often the Daily Star prints a story that makes sense   ;)

Daily Star front page 240122
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17130
    edited January 2022
    Mellish said:
    My apologies for digging THIS out again. If life can happen here, why not elsewhere? That said, if I were an extraterrestrial, do you think I'd want to come here?  

Depends whether or not you land in Margate,

@chillidoggy ; I was being silly mate. Do I believe there's intelligent life elsewhere? I'd say yes. Do I think they come here? Well, 4.5 light years minimum. That's a heck of a journey and for what? A fly around, no attempt at contact? It just doesn't make sense to me :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Mellish said:
    @chillidoggy ; I was being silly mate. Do I believe there's intelligent life elsewhere? I'd say yes. Do I think they come here? Well, 4.5 light years minimum. That's a heck of a journey and for what? A fly around, no attempt at contact? It just doesn't make sense to me :) 

I wouldn’t be at all shocked to learn intelligent life exists elsewhere, and if so, that they have the same desire to get out from behind their desks and explore the galaxy. I just imagined them driving a whopping 4.5 light years from home to land in a shitbox town, rolling their 10 pairs of eyes at the desolation before climbing back into their spaceship and fucking off back home. Let’s face it, if they needed a bank, a decent restaurant, or a doctor’s appointment, they’re gonna be out of luck. On the other hand if they need to score some gear, or get pissed and mugged in Iceland car park, they’ll fit right in. Or they could be like the Russkies, with a desire to invade as much territory as possible, who knows?

• SimonhSimonh Frets: 1357
    Generally in the movies Aliens are always being depicted as wanting our "resources" when the reality as it appears is that those resources are plentiful across the galaxy.

As much as I want to believe I do fall into the camp that if they had come all this way to visit us then why not say hello - it does not make much sense. a remote probe makes much more sense as we ourselves have demonstrated with Mars etc...
    What's to say they're not already here and members of tFB?

• HaychHaych Frets: 5218
    Shit! I've been rumbled!

I meant April. ~ Simon Weir

Bit of trading feedback here.

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 9764

I get the feeling they're far more prevalent on TGP.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    We do send probes but for a reason. I just don't get flying around, no attempt at contact and then, presumably, departing. Why come here at all if just for that? No, if they *did* come, it would be obvious: You'd see the probe observing :) 
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4110
    They're already here and have been in control of humans for quite some time.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Mellish said:
    We do send probes but for a reason. I just don't get flying around, no attempt at contact and then, presumably, departing. Why come here at all if just for that? No, if they *did* come, it would be obvious: You'd see the probe observing :) 
    They're just en route to their time share near Alpha Centauri, Earth is on the way so they swing by to take a look and keep the kids entertained.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Aww sweet! Cat lover here :) 
    Oh that's the reason @Haych. Had me going there :) 
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    he's welsh isnt he ? 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    Here's an interesting document to peruse. A declassified Blue Book report of an encounter back in the late 40s where a figher  pilot chasing a UFO was killed. Page 27 put a chill down my back where it reports the fighter exploded in the air.

https://www.theblackvault.com/documentarchive/project-blue-book-the-thomas-mantell-case-7-january-1948/
    edited February 2022
    @equalsql ; not easy to read that on a mobile - bit blurry. But I'm sceptical. Oh sure, I believe the pilot died and his plane exploded. But fired upon by a UFO? If they came here, simply because they could would mean they would be far more advanced...what I'm getting at is that they should be able to outmanouver any pilot we have without the need for aggression  
    Looking at things logically:

Has an aircraft not exploded mid-air before?

Could there not be another explanation for the P51 exploding in mid-air?

Are the eyewitness accounts reliable?  Eyewitness accounts are notoriously unreliable, usually.

Is the use of the word "explode" accurate and a fair description of what happened?  For example, if the aircraft simply catastrophically broke up mid-air could it be described as an explosion by a layperson?

At what altitude was the P51 flying when eyewitnesses saw the explosion?  The last altitude mentioned in the report states 32,000 feet - could any person on the ground actually tell the difference between an aircraft at that altitude exploding and just breaking up, and even if it did explode I go back to Q1.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    This is interesting. Of course it could all be bollocks but, you never know.

• bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1591
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8107

Simonh said:
    Generally in the movies Aliens are always being depicted as wanting our "resources" when the reality as it appears is that those resources are plentiful across the galaxy.

They could be interested in specific resources that are only available on Earth. Courgettes or Mangoes for example.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Mellish said:
    ...I just don't get flying around, no attempt at contact and then, presumably, departing. Why come here at all if just for that?... 
    According to Douglas Adams, some aliens do just that:

Teasers are usually rich kids with nothing to do. They cruise around looking for planets that haven't made interstellar contact yet and buzz them, meaning that they find some isolated spot with very few people around, then land right by some poor unsuspecting soul whom no one's going to believe and then strut up and down in front of him wearing silly antennas on their head and making 
    beep beep noises.
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
  • Hurling_FruitmigHurling_Fruitmig Frets: 610
    edited July 2023
    Kilgore said:

Simonh said:

They could be interested in specific resources that are only available on Earth. Courgettes or Mangoes for example.
    Or the mobile, protein-rich meat sacks if you believe Starship Troopers.
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8107
    Kilgore said:

Simonh said:

Or the mobile, protein-rich meat sacks if you believe Starship Troopers.
    That's where the mangoes come in. They makes a refreshing salsa to go with the meat.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13679
    edited July 2023
    Pinch me, am I dreaming? Actual grown men are debating UFOs in a US Congress hearing where "the whiste blower" David Grusch has been asked if anyone has been murdered in an attempt to cover up the UFO secrets.

So, was Men In Black a documentary?

UFO hearing key takeaways: cover-up claims and Pentagon denials | UFOs | The Guardian