Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). UFOs are here.. get your tin hats on folks. - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

UFOs are here.. get your tin hats on folks.

What's Hot

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
    It does seem we're being observed.. a few interesting points here..

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 6724
    I hope they just observed my trip to the petrol station and vapourised the dense bitch that tried to drive round a 3 car queue to get to the newly vacant pump before me.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CoffeeAndTVCoffeeAndTV Frets: 378
    Shrews said:

The two bits of note for me were where the one says they're 'getting bolder' and that they swarmed around a warship out at sea! That's scary stuff, that's making yourselves known isn't it?  If the Russians, North Korea, China etc had developed such technology then they surely wouldn't be advertising it so blatantly.

More to come methinks. 

I agree with this, but then I think is this just one way for America to test some heavily advanced technology that is a million miles away from standard propulsion systems and keep the lid on it? 

I know a patent for a seemingly equivalent technology has been registered by the US Gov, it was contested by the patent office and the scientists stated they had working examples of it.  Are the patents BS, just on there to confuse other governments? 

It just becomes an ever decreasing circle questioning what are the American government up to. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17130
    edited May 2021
    equalsql said:

Apologies equalsql.

But that bloke looks to me like such a knob-end I’m not even going to click on the link. Is it some self-professed ‘expert’ looking for his 15 minutes sat in a paid-for hotel room, by any chance? Or is it someone from NASA who might actually have a clue?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7159
    ICBM said:
    Shrews said:

It would be pretty awesome though if Antarctica did reveal some hidden secrets from our ancient past or life was discovered on Mars, even if only a fossil and no more than a single cell.
    Finding any kind of cellular life on Mars would be absolutely game-changing even if it was primitive or fossil - proving that it can arise independently in more than one place. If so, there is certainly complex life elsewhere.
    I wasnt taking the piss..they seriously think perseverance might have found mushrooms
    Which ‘They’?

It’s very well researched geology.. referred to as ‘blueberries’ by the Mars teams because of the false colour imaging used. Identical process and weathering effect produces same here.   It is evidence of abundant past water though.   You can see the same metallic nodules on some sandstone beaches in the UK.  

https://youtu.be/etJvMq-QWlY for the actual science and some earth examples.  Hematite.. Mars is extremely iron rich.. why it is rust red. 

https://www.cnet.com/news/sorry-nasa-photos-are-not-evidence-of-fungus-growing-on-mars/

Suggest you need to find another ‘they’ to listen to...  the BS dumbs us all down.

There are great science journals and reputable papers more fascinating than the idiots’ made up stories.   
    Cant remember where I read it to be fair. 
    edited May 2021
    equalsql said:

Apologies equalsql.

But that bloke looks to me like such a knob-end I’m not even going to click on the link. Is it some self-professed ‘expert’ looking for his 15 minutes sat in a paid-for hotel room, by any chance? Or is it someone from NASA who might actually have a clue?
    In all fairness I did expect to get that reaction as really I wanted to post up just a section of the video where he discusses why we might be of interest to extraterrestrials (@ 25:15 into the recording). However given the dodgy title graphic of the video this particular interview is much different from the usual tin hat nutter brigade we're used to seeing. This is as far from David Icke as it gets, this is someone taking an academic and rational approach to a phenomena it seems more people are experiencing. Unfortunately there are so many nut jobs inhabiting this particular subject that when someone like this comes along with reasoned  and rational arguments they get lost in the background chatter. 
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7236
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 9752
    I think we can only actually interact with around 4% of the known universe .... the rest of it is now too far away for us to ever reach it ... even if you could travel at the speed of light, which you can’t ... you would never catch up with it. 

I don’t think we’re ever going to understand things on a Galactik level until we understand how reality actually works. We need a better understanding of quantum mechanics. Because when we think in terms of distance and light-years et cetera we are probably approaching this from completely the wrong angle. 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3819
    TheMarlin said:

That's excellent! Wonder if the guys that put them there noticed. I remember my dad sending me pictures of a lamp in a hotel because it looked exactly like an adamski type flying saucer :)

I'd like to think there's something out there whether it's in this universe or another dimension or whatever. The chances of everything lining up perfectly (distance, time etc etc) and they actually turn up in some kind of ship though must be pretty slim.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    I'm still looking for intelligent life on Earth let alone other galaxies.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7236
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    What if they are already amongst us .......I had a very strange looking Vermin Exterminator come earlier today

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • If they have the technology people seem to think they have seen/experienced, you would think they either would remain hidden or they'd make themselves known intentionally.

That said, we're not alone. The universe is big and there will be life out there in some shape or form. It's probably too far away for us ever to cross paths, though.
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 1988
    I'd be surprised if there weren't single cell lifeforms scattered about in our solar system - Mars sounds very likely...
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    Paul_C said:
    ICBM said:

httpsc1staticflickrcom540154289852817_73a6570c41_zjpgzz1

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    Funny ,I thought that too..........but at least we know they come from Tracey Island and that if you cut the strings they're fucked
    Of course...
    They could always be interdimensional  :o
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5218
    equalsql said:
    Of course...
    They could always be interdimensional  :o
    I think extra dimensional life is highly more likely than extraterrestrial life. 

I meant April. ~ Simon Weir

Bit of trading feedback here.

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    I'm going with the science.  I do believe there are huge numbers of civilisations out there but I don't believe we have ever been visited by any of them.  The mind-boggling distances between celestial bodies is such that travel at large multiples of the speed of light is a basic requirement for contact and all of science discovered throughout all humanity has always insisted that is an impossibility.

Maybe one day a discovery will be made that challenges that but right now, it's demonstrably true that FTL anything is simply science fiction.
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8107
    If there is anything out there, wouldn't we have at least detected some sort of signal?
    With the array of radio telescopes and computing power we have, as yet there doesn't appear to be anything there. Why is it so quiet? 
  • JohnS37JohnS37 Frets: 322
    Snap said:
    I think it's a bold position to completely dismiss the possibility of aliens having a gander at us, They'd probably think we are pretty primitive
    Even I think we’re pretty primitive.  On second thoughts, primitive - sure, but pretty?
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2424
    Kilgore said:
    If there is anything out there, wouldn't we have at least detected some sort of signal?
    With the array of radio telescopes and computing power we have, as yet there doesn't appear to be anything there. Why is it so quiet? 
    Perhaps they just don't think it's a good idea to answer. Go take a look first, see what these pesky beings are with their primitive signals.

Emp_Fab said:
    I'm going with the science.  I do believe there are huge numbers of civilisations out there but I don't believe we have ever been visited by any of them.  The mind-boggling distances between celestial bodies is such that travel at large multiples of the speed of light is a basic requirement for contact and all of science discovered throughout all humanity has always insisted that is an impossibility.

Maybe one day a discovery will be made that challenges that but right now, it's demonstrably true that FTL anything is simply science fiction.
    Plenty of things that were once science fiction are now reality. Scientists once believed that travelling over 30mph on a train would suffocate you.

As the video states, it's only over the last 200 years that we've advanced, and with advances in AI we're about to advance again, to a level perhaps even us humans won't understand. Out of control? Too fast? Maybe, but scientifically everything is on the table. Maybe nothing is impossible. Not even travelling on a train at over 30mph.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4649
    Unless they are on the handful of nearby stars then it would take a long time for any signal to reach us. There may well be lots of evidence heading our that will be lost as humanity will have faded by then 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Reverend said:
    Unless they are on the handful of nearby stars then it would take a long time for any signal to reach us. There may well be lots of evidence heading our that will be lost as humanity will have faded by then 
    They could be on a handful of nearby planets, or even our own moon, or even our own planet. If they're even just a few hundred years more technologically advanced to us, then the art of camouflage would surely have been mastered. 
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 860
    edited May 2021
    I think the chances of there being life in the universe is extremely likely, but in terms of actual so called 'intelligent' lifeforms that are able to exercise their own will in a more deliberate manner (beyond that of a simple 'autonomous' lifeform), contemplate their own existence, form abstract thoughts, create civilisations, play God etc., I think that's a lot rarer.... 

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    Shrews said:
    Emp_Fab said:

Plenty of things that were once science fiction are now reality. Scientists once believed that travelling over 30mph on a train would suffocate you.

As the video states, it's only over the last 200 years that we've advanced, and with advances in AI we're about to advance again, to a level perhaps even us humans won't understand. Out of control? Too fast? Maybe, but scientifically everything is on the table. Maybe nothing is impossible. Not even travelling on a train at over 30mph.

Travelling at the speed of light would cause a woman's uterus to fall out.
    edited May 2021
    I think the chances of there being life in the universe is extremely likely, but in terms of actual so called 'intelligent' lifeforms that are able to exercise their own will in a more deliberate manner (beyond that of a simple 'autonomous' lifeform), contemplate their own existence, form abstract thoughts, create civilisations, play God etc., I think that's a lot rarer.... 

Maybe, but equally we could say that the universe is 13.8 billion years old and the earth only 4.5 billion years old with intelligent life only starting to form here 2 million years ago.

What if there was a planet, circling a sun like ours, that was 8.5 billion years old and had a 4 billion years headstart on us?

Actually, given the rate we've advanced over the last few hundred years, even just a few thousand years might do the trick.

The universe could be teeming with intelligent life. Equally we could be unique. 

I think if we can accept that atoms can form together to create life, even single cell life, then given the few million years we've had to evolve then it would make it highly likely there's been enough time for atoms to evolve into an intelligent species elsewhere. 

One thing we know for certain is that other worlds have atoms, so that's a good starting point for the building blocks of life.

Nothing comes from nothing. Something comes from something.

Actually, once upon a daydream, nothing did come from nothing. Maybe.

My brain hurts, it's that of an Earthling not an AI hybrid from another world. 
    Three US Navy pilots describe their encounters with the UFOs whose details were released by the Pentagon.

Fran from Fran Labs has an interesting take on what these UAPs might be.