Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). UFOs are here.. get your tin hats on folks. - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

UFOs are here.. get your tin hats on folks.

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
The Pentagon seems to  be saying  yep, they do exist and plan to publish a report to the public in July.
Lots of speculation in the US media and of course it could be the old smoke screen to obfuscate state of the art military tech such as drone swarms etc but the physics of these sited phenomena do appear to be beyond our current understanding.

Given that currently there are thought to be about 200 billion galaxies in the known universe each with  roughly 100 billion stars the chances of there NOT being intelligent out there is arguably zero. But.. whether they're in our neck of the woods?

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9128
    I want to believe
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Just remember UFO doesn't mean aliens, just something in the sky that the viewer hasn't identified. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1042
    I want to believe

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3165
    edited May 2021
    The pentagon were clear to call them Unidentified aerial phenomenon so as not to be labelled as UFO’s. 
    If you buy into a lot of the “other” literature out there it’s claimed the world governments are having to speed up their acknowledgment of off world intelligence as allegedly something in the polar ice caps will reveal prior knowledge and some think there’s only  circa 10 years left before that’s revealed due to the ice caps receding. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    grungebob said:
    The pentagon were clear to call them Unidentified aerial phenomenon so as not to be labelled as UFO’s. 
    If you buy into a lot of the “other” literature out there it’s claimed the world governments are having to speed up their acknowledgment of off world intelligence as allegedly something in the polar ice caps will reveal prior knowledge and some think there’s only  circa 10 years left before that’s revealed due to the ice caps receding. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5721
    I walked into the kitchen one day and said to the missus, "morning fat arse"

I saw some flying saucers that day....
    15reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    grungebob said:
    I remember those episodes in the X Files as well. Are they also expecting to find a wreck of an aircraft containing inscriptions of Bible passages on a beach in Africa?

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 2811
    wibble said:
    I want to believe

In love after love? What’s Cher got to do with it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4649
    wibble said:
    I want to believe

Woah-oh-oh
    What's Cher but a second hand emotion?
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Reverend said:
    wibble said:
    I want to believe

Woah-oh-oh
    If I could turn back time... I would not have posted the original comment
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4649
    Reverend said:
    wibble said:
    I want to believe

Woah-oh-oh
    I got you(fo) babe
    Reverend said:
    Reverend said:
    wibble said:
    I want to believe

Woah-oh-oh
    I got you(fo) babe
    A quick google reveals this is a regular theme in Cher’s works. I offer you 1967’s ‘Little [green?] man’.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6730
    edited May 2021
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6086
    I think it's a bold position to completely dismiss the possibility of aliens having a gander at us, They'd probably think we are pretty primitive
  • CoffeeAndTVCoffeeAndTV Frets: 378

I thought the whole thing was BS.  However, it changed my mind when one night I saw a light hovering quite low in the distance which then shot up vertically at an unbelievable speed, which then zigzagged as it disappeared in the cloudless sky.  The whole thing happened in less than five seconds 

The thing is, I know when I talk about it the event sounds like twaddle.  I did see it, and I’ve not been able to explain it.  The speed was instantaneous anyone in there would have been liquid.  It was silent.  None of this felt creepy or terrifying, it was awe inspiring really. 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4255
    Snap said:
    I think it's a bold position to completely dismiss the possibility of aliens having a gander at us, They'd probably think we are pretty primitive
    They are subject to the same laws of physics as us. Unless of course they have figured out how to go faster than light. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7159
    hywelg said:
    Snap said:
    They are subject to the same laws of physics as us. Unless of course they have figured out how to go faster than light. 
    What if they're more like guidelines of physics.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 3884
    The fact these are appearing in military restricted zones leads me to conclude they are military in nature. One arm perhaps trying stuff out on another. 

I do believe there is life out there in the universe. I also believe the laws of physics will likely stop us ever communicating with them, or even being aware of them, let alone one of them visiting our solar system. 

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3165
    hywelg said:
    Snap said:
    If you can distort gravity you can distort distance. The need for speed is therefore no longer relevant. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    Aliens have been known to probe Uranus.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited May 2021
    grungebob said:
    The need for speed is therefore no longer relevant. 
    Is that the tagline from the forthcoming Top Gun 3, Maverick v the Aliens. 
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
    grungebob said:
    hywelg said:
    Snap said:
    If you can distort gravity you can distort distance. The need for speed is therefore no longer relevant. 
    Did somebody say just eat warp drive?
    https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/a35718463/scientists-say-physical-warp-drive-is-possible/
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8372
    Steady: the Bilderbergers, in close alliance with the Illuminati of Bavaria and, er the Rotarians altered the physical structure of tinfoil so it now transmits your thoughts to the aliens/government/the Dibble, etc.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    I don’t find the possibility of aliens difficult it’s surely more likely than not that there is other life. 

When you consider the vastness of space and the distance between planets and galaxies it’s more likely than not that we will never come across life from elsewhere. From documentaries I’ve seen it’s quite a lot more likely we will never encounter it. 
    edited May 2021

I thought the whole thing was BS.  However, it changed my mind when one night I saw a light hovering quite low in the distance which then shot up vertically at an unbelievable speed, which then zigzagged as it disappeared in the cloudless sky.  The whole thing happened in less than five seconds 

The thing is, I know when I talk about it the event sounds like twaddle.  I did see it, and I’ve not been able to explain it.  The speed was instantaneous anyone in there would have been liquid.  It was silent.  None of this felt creepy or terrifying, it was awe inspiring really. 

Had a not entirely dissimilar experience when passing a prominent military base, in a prominent constituency, whilst having a very unwise and ‘mildly’ incendiary anti-government conversation late one evening.

What we initially thought were lights on telegraph poles soon turned out to be a slow moving, silent aircraft. This followed us for the next half hour out into the countryside until we stopped in a lay-by and waited. It stopped, hovered for a while and eventually shot off, silently and at great speed. It could of course be complete chance, or we were tailed by an advanced drone and our conversations had been monitored in car (mobile phones perhaps) -this wasn’t a ufo, it was definitely military. 

Cher jokes aside I am sure there is intelligent life elsewhere, but I don’t believe it is here or visiting us. These are military devices.
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    Anyone remember this one? 

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 21788
    The spaceships are real. They're coming to reclaim their own. 

Cummings and Gove join forces in battle against Whitehall blob   Financial Times

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7708
    The spaceships are real. They're coming to reclaim their own. 

Cummings and Gove join forces in battle against Whitehall blob   Financial Times
    Micheal Gove really does look like a skin suit being operated by another being struggling to adapt.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SimonhSimonh Frets: 1357
    Have a look on youtube at FPV or freestyle drones, what they can do and the maneuvers they can carry out are very reminiscent of your typical explanation of a UFO sighting. That is  consumer grade goods, what the military have will be way way beyond that.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter