Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). UFOs are here.. get your tin hats on folks. - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

UFOs are here.. get your tin hats on folks.

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    grungebob said:
    The pentagon were clear to call them Unidentified aerial phenomenon so as not to be labelled as UFO’s. 
    If you buy into a lot of the “other” literature out there it’s claimed the world governments are having to speed up their acknowledgment of off world intelligence as allegedly something in the polar ice caps will reveal prior knowledge and some think there’s only  circa 10 years left before that’s revealed due to the ice caps receding. 
    When I read a paragraph like that, although I have absolutely no idea where that information originated, it could just be made up by David Icke or somebody.... I can't help getting a little bit excited.  I guess it's that hope that the universe contains more than "just us".
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8107
    The fact these are appearing in military restricted zones leads me to conclude they are military in nature. One arm perhaps trying stuff out on another. 

I do believe there is life out there in the universe. I also believe the laws of physics will likely stop us ever communicating with them, or even being aware of them, let alone one of them visiting our solar system. 
    Spectral analysis of exo-planets provides an opportunity for detecting life, including intelligent life. We don't even need to leave Earth to do it.

Although hitting on a planet relatively close to Earth that has the requisite bio-signatures is a big ask. but if we can find it once then we can be fairly certain that life is common throughout the universe. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5218
    How long before we have a grey life matters movement?

I meant April. ~ Simon Weir

Bit of trading feedback here.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3165
    Philly_Q said:
    grungebob said:
    The pentagon were clear to call them Unidentified aerial phenomenon so as not to be labelled as UFO’s. 
    If you buy into a lot of the “other” literature out there it’s claimed the world governments are having to speed up their acknowledgment of off world intelligence as allegedly something in the polar ice caps will reveal prior knowledge and some think there’s only  circa 10 years left before that’s revealed due to the ice caps receding. 
    When I read a paragraph like that, although I have absolutely no idea where that information originated, it could just be made up by David Icke or somebody.... I can't help getting a little bit excited.  I guess it's that hope that the universe contains more than "just us".
    All of it is probably made up. It’s easy to dismiss anything thanks to the term conspiracy theory, hell there’s even a conspiracy theory the CIA coined the term conspiracy theory and it’s negative connotations lol. 
    I read bits as a passing interest but don’t for one moment think any info we are aware of to be factual. 

Statically others are out there as it were but why would they bother with us?

• danodano Frets: 1484
    Can't believe we are on the second page and  no one has mentioned anal probes
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SimonhSimonh Frets: 1357
    Sassafras said:
    Aliens have been known to probe Uranus.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    dano said:

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2394
    grungebob said:

You haven’t watched V then?  :o
  • fobfob Frets: 1430
    grungebob said:

If we find life on Mars, likely just bacteria if there is any, then there's going to be massive interest and investment. I can't see why an alien race wouldn't be interested in us.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 10838
    Bloody typical. You open the pubs, shops and sports venues and people come from literally billions of miles away when they should be patronising local establishments. Do you really want to wait n the rain outside a shop because Grarg from the planet Thrarg can't decide which sandwich he wants?

On a more serios note, what would the existence of aliens do to religion? I remember getting a smack round the head from a Rabbi at school when I asked if there were Jews on other planets but was there an inteplanetary Moses or Jesus?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    fob said:
    grungebob said:

If we find life on Mars, likely just bacteria if there is any, then there's going to be massive interest and investment. I can't see why an alien race wouldn't be interested in us.
    Interest and investment only matter to primitive cultures surely? It’s not a given I know but I hope other cultures have far eclipsed ours to a more wholesome affair meaning any interest would just be of a passing curiosity, much like kids study ant farms. Of course they could also be a bunch of cunts!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    dano said:
    Metasonix TX-2 Butt Probe Effects Box - CDM Create Digital Music
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9128
    fob said:
    grungebob said:

I find the thought that our human race might be more intelligent than any other life form that may exist in space deeply disturbing and sad
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 3884
    fob said:
    grungebob said:

I find the thought that our human race might be more intelligent than any other life form that may exist in space deeply disturbing and sad
    The Great Filter at work. Possibly most civilisations carry the seeds of their own destruction within.

• fobfob Frets: 1430
    grungebob said:
    Interest and investment only matter to primitive cultures surely? It’s not a given I know but I hope other cultures have far eclipsed ours to a more wholesome affair meaning any interest would just be of a passing curiosity, much like kids study ant farms. Of course they could also be a bunch of cunts!
    Interest in other cultures is a primitive instinct? I hope, as a race, we always remain interested.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    fob said:
    grungebob said:

I find the thought that our human race might be more intelligent than any other life form that may exist on this planet quite sad.

Are we the best that evolution could manage?  Might as well give up on evolution and let a supreme being get on with it instead.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Of course it’s also worth pointing out that the OP news story came from CNN who only a few weeks back we’re on record as admitting to being complicit in propaganda. A high level employee is on record stating how they promoted news stories with no truth about trump in a negative light whilst also suppressing negative stories about Biden. 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9128
    edited May 2021
    fob said:
    grungebob said:
    Interest in other cultures is a primitive instinct? I hope, as a race, we always remain interested.
    Just like how humans are interested in the cultures of fish in the plastic ridden seas, monkeys in the potential palm oil farms, foxes being chased by hunting dogs etc. 

Many other cultures benefit from not being involved with our race
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7086
    ICBM said:

httpsc1staticflickrcom540154289852817_73a6570c41_zjpgzz1
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4649
    Will the pentagon tell us if it is Schenker era or not?
    Reverend said:
    Will the pentagon tell us if it is Schenker era or not?
    It's definitely Mick Bolton.
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1334
    Simonh said:
    Have a look on youtube at FPV or freestyle drones, what they can do and the maneuvers they can carry out are very reminiscent of your typical explanation of a UFO sighting. That is  consumer grade goods, what the military have will be way way beyond that.
    Tried that explanation with a local chap (admittedly something of a hard core stoner), but to no avail. "No man, you had to be there to see it - the little white light doing bleeeedin' crazeeeeeee things like. It has to be one of them UFOs, zero doubt/on my mother's life like, I tell ya"
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7708
    fob said:
    grungebob said:

It would not surprise me. I think what humans have achieved is remarkable...  but I don't think we know enough about our own origins and consciousness yet to understand our place..
    at night with some bright LEDs and this is your without doubt UFO.

That said I still believe aliens are out there :)
    Simonh said:
    at night with some bright LEDs and this is your without doubt UFO.

That said I still believe aliens are out there :)
    I agree.

I don't agree.

• wolsnahwolsnah Frets: 183
    The video footage of the unidentified object is so perfectly captured within the reticle and relative to the camera perfectly stationary, that it looks more like a bug splat on the camera.

Besides which, they've probably flown over, tapped into our transmissions and picked up "virus pandemic" repeatedly, and decided "nope, unclean, we'll find a better one".
  • phil_bphil_b Frets: 2009
    is Cher an alien?
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8107
    Any benevolent alien species would have some sort of Prime Directive. If they are trying to mess with our heads it's out of order.

If the shoe was on the other foot you wouldn't see Picard pulling this sort of stunt just for a laugh. 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Snap said:
    I think it's a bold position to completely dismiss the possibility of aliens having a gander at us, They'd probably think we are pretty primitive
    For mash, get Smash.  :)
    Be seeing you.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter