Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10211
    This is the most amazing version of it I've ever heard:
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    @grunfeld you could also try lotti's cruxifixus, Albinoni's Adagio (the choral version, not the violins), and ave verum, both the mozart and elgar versions. And the poulenc version too why not.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 3950
    @viz ah, funny you should say Lotti's Crucifixus because I'd never heard of it before tonight but in looking to see if that Allegri was being performed anywhere I noticed the Lotti piece in this concert:

http://www.concert-diary.com/concert/631111689/Tredici-Music-for-Lent-and-beyond

And I'm gonna try and get along to that.
    That'll be good - I've got a feeling they're an unaccompanied choir, so will be an awesome selection of works.
    edited February 2014
    Just come off the phone with Basement Jaxx - I'm playing at the Wireless Festival in the summer whoop whoop :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9793
    edited February 2014
    nice one @viz

btw their lady singer is brave girl having that big tattoo ... EDIT no hang on, wasn't that the Scissor Sisters ... stone me I can't remember now!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    edited February 2014
    Ta old bean! Nope - i think that was scissor sisters.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7749
    Jazzmaster -> Mooer Yellow Comp -> Joyo Tremolo -> TC Flashback (mod preset) -> Hardwire RV-7 (spring preset) -> Blackstar (clean)

Best. Sound. Ever.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    First steps :)
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    edited February 2014
    Mini pooch still getting better - let her out for a toilet break this morning, didn't really think about the fact that the front gate was open 'cos she's only been mooching around.

It turned into a flat-out race to the end of the garden to stop her getting to the road.

Stressful, but brilliant that she's getting her mobility (and her mojo) back :)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Getting back in your own car after 10 days in a shitty rental, even if it is only to drive to the shops :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698
    @stickyfiddle ; yep, back to the tank after borrowing a Peugeot 107 while the clutch was getting done........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

I've just been given permission to kick my "supervisor" in the balls if he fucks up, or ignores a new procedure.

I'm predicting he'll get a size 11 to the nuts about 8-15 tomorrow morning......

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

edited February 2014
    The 3 finite state machines work in parallel with each other.
    The device polling thread is way more robust than it was.
    Event and error reporting is vastly improved.
    Hooks exist to allow a SOAP server to send messages to the control software and receive replies from it.

Software technology of this kind has also been demonstrated working on a Raspberry Pi.

I'm happy (for now). Just wait for the boss to move the goalposts again ...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Writing my resignation letter just now.  Nice and simple, no faffing.  There are still 36days 19hours and 38 minutes to handing it in.  But it feels right to have written it.

Been planning it for a long while. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Nice one Grun! It's a great feeling when it's on your terms.

I'm happy to have a freezer again! Ice cream and fish fingers :D
  • Grunfeld said:
    Writing my resignation letter just now.  Nice and simple, no faffing.  There are still 36days 19hours and 38 minutes to handing it in.  But it feels right to have written it.

I've always wanted to write one that goes

"Dear Boss*

I quit

Yours, Phil"

* substitute relevant name here

so far the best one I ever wrote was in reply to the HR dept in the last big company I worked for, when they said they were closing the site and offered me alternative employment at sites I didn't want to work at:

"Thank you for the kind offer of alternative employment on other sites but I don't think it is in my best interest to pursue these offers"
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 14862
    we've got 3 cats in the living room and all of them are stretched out full length on their backs. I think we may have the log burner a bit hot.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    viz said:
    Just come off the phone with Basement Jaxx - I'm playing at the Wireless Festival in the summer whoop whoop :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
    Nice on mate really chuffed for you.

Out of curiosity did you play with them when the played at Rock Ness?

They have played here a couple of times IIRC, if they come back and your playing hit us up for a beer or twelve.
    Grunfeld said:

Well done dude it takes a lot of cajones to opt out. 

Have you anything lined up or taking some chill/me time first?
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4790
    edited February 2014
    Grunfeld said:

Good for you @Grunfeld, hope it all works out.

Only ever resigned once. I was working for the on-line advertising wing of a pretty large computey-type corporation - think *not Macro, and the opposite of Hard* ;) The same day I was due to sign my full contract I had a confirmed offer elsewhere. It was great to be able to say "Thanks for the offer, unfortunately you didn't pass "my" probationary requirements, so I'll have to pass" :)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    johnnyurq said:
    viz said:
    Nice on mate really chuffed for you.

Out of curiosity did you play with them when the played at Rock Ness?

They have played here a couple of times IIRC, if they come back and your playing hit us up for a beer or twelve.

Hey cheers old bean - so far I've only played in London but if they let me out further afield I will deff do that - thanks!
    johnnyurq said:
    Grunfeld said:
    Writing my resignation letter just now.... 
    Well done dude it takes a lot of cajones to opt out. 

Have you anything lined up or taking some chill/me time first?
    @littlegreenman @johnnyurq Thank you!

Nope, no other work lined up at present.  I want to go fully self-employed.  My intention is a kind of career switch from physio.  It has been impossible to change while I was working full time.  I had a go but it doesn't work, you can't give enough attention to the new stuff cos there are not enough hours in the day.  So I figured I needed to stop work and focus on the new projects.  Nervous but looking forward to it -- I think! haha!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Good luck. :)
    Very good luck with it all @Grunfeld and I hope being master of your own destiny is fulfilling and funds loads of GAS.

edited February 2014
    I've spent this morning in cleaning/tidyup mode. The important thing is that I've made a start on "the studio", which is in the room commonly designated as "the lounge". The Lounge, btw, is in the room commonly designated as "the large rear bedroom". "the studio" is still populated by stacks of cardboard boxes, and musical equipment in its travelling boxes/cases. However, like one of those plastic puzzle games where you move one tile at a time round a 4x4 grid that has just one space in it, those piles of things are reaching their destinations. The biggest hassle will be putting the piano where I want it.

But hey ho, it's time for lunch and it's a nice day so I shall go to the pub via the bottle bank and claim that the walk is my exercise for the week. 

EDIT I found a small box of misc CDs & DVDs ... it contained the special edition box sets which I thought I'd lost. They weren't packed with everything else because being special editions they were not stored with everything else as they don't fit in a standard rack. Nice to have found them. The piano is moved, the Hammond is quite near to where I want it but other stuff will have to come out of the corner first and I can't face all that right now.
  • Saw the Rolling Stones last night, going karting today and starting new job next Sunday after a LOOONG "break" :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

It's Monday, it 9am and I'm not at work.

This makes me a happy Mike.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    The sun is shining, kids are off school, done a nice work out this morning, off for a shower, make kids some lunch and go and meet my 2 appointments at 1 o clock, then chill out at the studio to see what rest of the day brings. It's a bloody good day.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3532
    Weekend weather was lovely (whoda thunk it was mid Feb) so we surveyed our new allotment and did measure/planning Saturday morning. The afternoon was spent replacing 3 fence posts and panels in the little womans property. Sunday was more 'tidying up' the garden and litter picking the allotment ready for action, then in the evening a live set run through of the new country rock outfit, hitherto all rehearsal has been acoustic in the singers gaff. Was nice to get the new tele wound up and hear its gorgeousness with a bit o' welly behind it. Late to bed Sunday but well satisfied with the weekends progress.