Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Got a nice letter from HMRC today, and a second letter containing a fairly fat cheque! I "really" don't need any new guitar stuff so I think I'll be having a much better holiday next year than what I had planned :D
    Facepalm! GAS is where its at!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Got a nice letter from HMRC today, and a second letter containing a fairly fat cheque! I "really" don't need any new guitar stuff so I think I'll be having a much better holiday next year than what I had planned :D
    Facepalm! GAS is where its at!
    Well, I "might" get a new tremelo pedal, but the rest will be on the holiday. I like to keep the littlegreenwoman happy :)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7749
    Combination of little-bit-drunk, not-having-to-get-up-early and Steely Dan.

:)
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    Woop woop gorilla gloves have arrived in time for more Gorilla guitar jaxx shenanigans hurrah, roll on December! I wore the last lot out. http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab217/Vizzage/Mobile Uploads/image_zps9d6d0cd5.jpg
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited November 2013
    plus I sent my amp off to the manufacturer on Monday and it's back, working. Replaced all the transisters, a blown cap and remade all the power connections just in case. Wow, that was quick. @chillidoggy
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I want the small white one. :)

I'm sure they will turn out to be unlistenable for a variety of reasons but I always enjoy hearing Vai do some new twiddles.
  • I asked for a moving date before 11 Dec ... and it looks like I'll get it :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • Cinema last night. First time since moving out here. It was £6 a ticket, mega clean and WE HAD RECLINING SEATS :S
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I've got a ticket to see Camel in Cambridge next March :)
    edited November 2013

Oooh, new basement jaxx song seems to be out, I do a little guitary twiddle near the end, for about 6 seconds lol :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8PUigh8cPk

Using the 5th mode of the harmonic minor scale ;)
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698
    I recognised some of those licks but couldn't place where you've borrowed (and adapted) them from

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

Neither can I mate - I thought the notes just tumbled out like that but they could well be borrowed! I'm glad they selected a section that's completely in one single mode though, I did about 10 minutes of widdly widdly stuff all over the place and that's the few seconds they chose lolll.
    There's a little bit at the start which reminds me of a Phantom Blue track (Time to run) but not entirely.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• About the only time an official document containing the phrase "5 minors" is a good thing.

Passed my driving test. So jonnybradford is very smiley happy.
    In jazz, no one can hear you scream
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Dicking around with the ESP, a Marshall and a badmonkey and getting and awesomes Motorhead-esque sound. And getting a song down on the first attempt kinda made me happy last night.

Ok it was Motorhead's Damage Case, so not the most technically challenging song ever, but it made I happy.

• I seen to recall on one of the DVD's they play Damage Case and Lemmy says afterwards something like "If you're wondering who fucked that up...it was ME!"

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    • I just got the i/o board doing what I want it to do :)
    • Our main hardware building man has made me a box with a set of switches for inputs, and LEDs for outputs, to which the i/o board is connected, so I can run various tests from my PC-resident test program :)
    • The box can be used to simulate inputs from and display outputs to the real hardware that the PC-resident control program will be handling so this new toy will be very useful in system testing away from a real site :)
  • The box to which I previously referred is doing its job! I found the effects of and corrected a software fault in the control program's message handling code, and have spent a happy half hour flicking switches and watching the software make the appropriate reactions :)

I love your IT posts Phil! I don't understand them but they're very happy!
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    Guitargeek62’s Schaller tuners turned up today. Rickenbacker trapeze tailpiece is on its way. I can't wait to fit them to my Jim Harley 330. John Hall will be mad with rage.
    I play at my dining room table.
  • I done managed to get a yellow belt in Ju Jitsu, at the cost of some nice owies.

I is a bit happy, if sore.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • "Out for delivery."

B-)
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    edited December 2013
    I have a hangover.

Ordinarily, this wouldn't be smiley-happy, but I went to the pub last night, to meet up with a couple of the guys from the band I quit in a red mist a year ago. It was good to just sit and chat, especially after the ever-increasing stress and disasters of the last month or two. I haven't managed to get out much at all since...oh, probably about September. Add the fact that I work from home, and I basically haven't had external human contact for months apart from the band.

So yeah...pub. Great :)
    <space for hire>
    Nice. You should have had a spoon of honey before going to bed! Eliminates hangovers. It's unbelievable.
  • viz said:
    Nice. You should have had a spoon of honey before going to bed! Eliminates hangovers. It's unbelievable.
    Funnily enough, I usually have a salt and pepper sandwich (gets rid of the spinny-room problem) and a pint of something sugary, like lemonade.

Unfortunately I got in at about 1am and the wife and daughter had to be at work for 5:30am, so I didn't want to do my usual crashing-about-the-house-looking-for-food thing.
    <space for hire>
    No, has to be honey. It has an enzyme that processes the alcohol more quickly so you have your hangover while still asleep. It really works!
  • Right, I'll try that if I get a chance. I tend to drink rarely, though - I probably have more than 3 pints maybe three or four times in a year - so I'll probably forget this advice when I most need it next ;)
    <space for hire>