Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10211
    That's the opposite of me - I keep a jar by the bed.
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7208
    ...just worked out that being unmarried (but a long time livE-in ex who's a right bitch WHO DOES NOT EXCHANGE GIFTS), no kids, only Mum left, that Christmas 2013 has cost me the miserly sum of £40...

Happy New Year to me with my MASSIVE spending Budget then!!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Homemade cranberry sauce. OMG never buying jar stuff again :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698
    viz said:
    That's the opposite of me - I keep a jar by the bed.

That's not for a hangover cure though is it?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

Multifunctional.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited December 2013
    The genius that is Robert Keeley has just commented on one of my youtube videos calling it sick and 'wet' [sic]. I'm honoured! I knew about sick - and even bad - but wet?
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Maybe your playing made him rather moist @viz. And why not?
    Yes I expect that's it lol. Actually, according to Urban Dictionary we have:
    1)when a girl is horny and leak vaginal fluid
    2)when someone has a bedwetting accident
    3)to smoke PCP
    1)Whenever my girlfriend sees me, her vagina becomes very wet.
    2)Oh, crap! I just wet my bed and ruined a pair of underwear.
    3)I've gone off the wet.

You're suggesting the first one, yes?
  • viz said:
    3)to smoke PCP
    3)I've gone off the wet.

Maybe he meant "Wet" as in a Wet Strat tone?

I've heard of the "Wet" tone.

Trust me to try and explain it when I'm pished.

And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
    He could have meant wet as in wet signal, because his tubescreamer was switched on.
    viz said:
    3)to smoke PCP
    3)I've gone off the wet.

Most assuredly @viz but my only worry is her name appears to be Robert.  :)

Either that or your playing made him piss the bed with excitement, but my money is on the first one.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited December 2013
    :)
  • All the family round at Mother Caster's as usual for Christmas Dinner(Dinner comes after the pub of course).

Just phoned and got a quaint little Christmas Tale, it seems Christmas Spirit is alive and well, it must be, her newish neighbours (a couple with kid been in 9 months) who she hardly ever sees from one day to the next popped round with a little gift and card for my mum presented by the little girl. She says it looks Chocolate Box sized. Yum.

How sweet is that? She feels terrible because it's the last thing she expected. I told her to return the favour with a little Dolly or something for the girl.

Right, must be off now.

:)
    And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
  • I just got 40 identical pairs of black socks as a surprise Christmas present. Hurray! I can now retire all my old worn out pairs of socks. I hate mismatched socks so this is an awesome present.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Lol Stephen Fry has the same sock philosophy.
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4790
    edited January 2014
    Today is New Headphones Day! My old ones finally gave up the ghost after 13 years of use and abuse (Sony MDR V500), so I went out today and got the modern equivalent MDR V55. They don't have the extra-long curly cable, but do sound very good. And I managed to find them on sale so got a cracking deal. Happy bunny here :)

Had to go all the way to page 5 to find this thread, happy bunch aren't we? ;)

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Yesterday I finally iced, and started eating, the christmas cake. It's yummy :)
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4697
    Late for last year, or early for this? :D
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Nitefly said:
    Late for last year, or early for this? :D
    Late for last. Made the cake in October but icing didn't seem a priority until we ran out of other snack food in the apartment!
    Didn't know they were Christian orthodox in Saudi Arabia!
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    SLF on the stereo. Lager that's making the bad head I've endured for the last 6 hours disappear. Food on the way.
    I play at my dining room table.
    SLF are AWESOME.
    Can I just say, yes SLF are indeed awesome.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    You lads are awesome for thinking SLF are awesome.
    I play at my dining room table.
    That's very awesome of you to say so, thanks, isn't it @Johnnyurq?
    Most indubitably @viz & @Deadman.

The awesomeness of you both finding SLF awesome and each others confirmation of awesomeness of each others awesome reactions to the all around awesomesauce is awesomely awesome.  
  • supessupes Frets: 159
    Sorry to spoil the awesomeness of the last few posts, but SLF are just not awesome. Mediocre maybe. For awesome you need to be checking out the original Guns n Roses line-up. They were awesome.
  • supessupes Frets: 159
    Can you give yourself a wisdom?
    No, you'll have to do it for me - cheers.