Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Last night I got beaten up repeatedly, dropped countless times onto a very hard floor and strangled a lot.

I even had my belt taken off me.

I was given a nice new orange one to replace the yellow one though.  And my new bruise collection is the most impressive so far.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Paid off mortgage yesterday. Debt free. Hopefully forever.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 14862
    result!!! Nice one.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3532
    Congratulations @CabbageCat, that usually requires much effort and sacrifice over a prolonged period and if that is you, well done.

I am slightly envious too but I'm getting there.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ESBlonde said:
    Congratulations @CabbageCat, that usually requires much effort and sacrifice over a prolonged period and if that is you, well done.

I am slightly envious too but I'm getting there.

Sacrifice, yes. Effort, no. In the eight years I've had my mortgage I've probably done about 5 hours of overtime in total. I think the reason it has been so quick is that I'm too bone-idle to spend money on stuff. The easy life is pretty cheap.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 3950
    Well done @CabbageCat !  It's a really good feeling.  I loved it when the "mortgage time of the month" came around and there was nothing to pay out.  It has made a nice difference.  I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Well done @CabbageCat it must feel really sweet. Well done @Grunfeld too.

Sadly I have many years to go yet due to being very late to the mortgage club.

Anyone who pays off a mortgage that fast/early has my utmost respect. Me I was shite with money but them is the breaks.
  • "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • I woke up early this morning (there's a song in there somewhere). got to work early, I've got a fair bit of stuff done already. I'm not saying I'm any more virtuous than usual for doing it, but its nice to have brewed up plenty of code already ...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    Wow I just had a guitar lesson, first one for a year - and it totally opened up a new chapter for me. That was utterly brilliant. I need to practise!
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698
    viz said:
    I need to practise!
    So do I........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited February 2014
    viz said:
    Just come off the phone with Basement Jaxx - I'm playing at the Wireless Festival in the summer whoop whoop :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

http://strivingafterwind.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/the-gorilla-suit-003.jpg

"Yep....yeah....hmmm....yep....sounds good....I'll be there."

Great news.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    :) it's amazing the impetus that a lesson can give you. We covered so much stuff - composition, theory, technique, some helpful little shortcuts and patterns, it was lovely. I'm all fired up now, and I'm definitely going to have some more.
  • viz said:
    :) it's amazing the impetus that a lesson can give you. We covered so much stuff - composition, theory, technique, some helpful little shortcuts and patterns, it was lovely. I'm all fired up now, and I'm definitely going to have some more.

I think one of the biggest benefits of lesson is it's become like playing in front of a mirror but with feedback.  Sometimes it is easier for someone to stand back and say "you know you are doing this?". 

I've ridden horses for year and am fairly competent but still have a few lessons each year just to highlight any bad habits I am falling into and it also gives me fresh impetus to 'work' rather than just sit back and assume I'm all sorted. 

Yep, I'm looking forward to that kicking off too; so far it's been more like information download rather than coaching, but that'll come I'm sure.
    viz said:
    Just come off the phone with Basement Jaxx - I'm playing at the Wireless Festival in the summer whoop whoop :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

http://strivingafterwind.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/the-gorilla-suit-003.jpg

"Yep....yeah....hmmm....yep....sounds good....I'm be there."

Great news.

pmsl just seen that! lollllllllllll
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7749
    edited March 2014
    It's my sister's birthday tomorrow and it was my job to finish icing the cake... she's into lots of 70s and 80s music and has recently begun amassing a rather large collection of vinyl records, so we've made the top of the cake look like an LP and earlier, I iced a Def Leppard logo (one of her favourite bands) onto the centre as a finishing touch. 

Considering I did it, with my fists of ham and fingers of butter, it actually looks quite good.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    snakemanStoo;172055" said:
    Last night I got beaten up repeatedly, dropped countless times onto a very hard floor and strangled a lot.

I even had my belt taken off me.

I was given a nice new orange one to replace the yellow one though.  And my new bruise collection is the most impressive so far.
    You shouldn't have pissed her indoors off then by not dog the dishes.
    :D

Seriously though well done and I wish I had stuck in at Karate and Judo.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Bucket;178036" said:
    It's my sister's birthday tomorrow and it was my job to finish icing the cake... she's into lots of 70s and 80s music and has recently begun amassing a rather large collection of vinyl records, so we've made the top of the cake look like an LP and earlier, I iced a Def Leppard logo (one of her favourite bands) onto the centre as a finishing touch. 

Considering I did it, with my fists of ham and fingers of butter, it actually looks quite good.
    Pics!!!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    stickyfiddle;178151" said:
    [quote="Bucket;178036"]It's my sister's birthday tomorrow and it was my job to finish icing the cake... she's into lots of 70s and 80s music and has recently begun amassing a rather large collection of vinyl records, so we've made the top of the cake look like an LP and earlier, I iced a Def Leppard logo (one of her favourite bands) onto the centre as a finishing touch. 

Pics!!![/quote]

Maybe tomorrow, it's outside in dad's office being hidden at the moment :D
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8201
    I want cake.
    My V key is broken
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    I haz girlfriend...again...let's see how long this one lasts ;) 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9793
    nice one @Bucket
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • @Bucket - that's awesome

IanSavage said:
    I haz girlfriend...again...let's see how long this one lasts ;) 
    Just try and ride out the seven day itch and it'll be grand.
    edited March 2014
    I am certain you will get a cream for that.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited March 2014
    In addition to earlier's successes, I have just bought this (the shirt, not the bloke in the mask):

If you're having trouble, it reads "Nitkowski will pull your fucking arms off".

Limited to 50. Nitkowski are a really really mad, unhinged math-rock band whose stuff is among the weirdest rock music I've ever heard. The T-shirt came with a complementary MP3 download of their album, which I'm listening to now. Dementedly brilliant. Check them out.

And the whole lot cost me a fiver from their Bandcamp page. Excellent.
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 14862

just seen the 5 day forecast and there's no rain due at all, been so long since I've had 5 straight days without rain I'm not sure what it feels like. I'm a bit dizzy in anticipation!!!

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9793
    If you like cats, here's something to be happy about

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-26482123

:)