Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• BucketBucket Frets: 7749
    I had an audition for the degree course at ICMP today. I'm waiting to hear back, but I think it went well. My sight-reading was a bit shaky but everything else went pretty much as intended! Above all, I'm just very relieved to have done it. I hope my efforts paid off.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4790
    edited March 2014
    Met with my Consultant today and after a quick oral exam (oo-er missus) he decided to make one last follow-up check-up in 12 months time.

Had a very small tumor removed from my palette 18 months ago and there's no signs of anything of any concern. Prof said he was tempted to discharge me today but made the final follow up just to tick all the boxes.

Colour me pretty relieved :)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Great stuff @Bucket & @littlegreenman good luck to you both
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 3950
    Ditto that!
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9793
    Grunfeld said:
    Ditto that!
    And again!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3532
    Grunfeld said:
    Ditto that!
    And again!
    Mr. Chairman, I'd like to be associated with the previous speakers.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698

@littlegreenman

It feels great to get a consultant give you the green light. I know after being on weekly, then fortnightly, then monthly etc appointment (for Crohn's) to get to annual appointments is awesomes.

@Bucket

I'm sure your sight reading is better than you give yourself gredit for.

Well done to both of you.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Our electronics workshop production manager chappie has just used my new program to commission some boards. It worked well for him and represents an improvement on the one he had for the previous boards :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Nice one @Phil_aka_pip and nice to see us seniors are still representing and not to be written off. Good work that man
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    fanx man, I'm so senior that Les had to remember how to start a DOS box before he could run the program (I don't do GUIs) ;)

Todays surgery went well. I'm home now. And *might* have just ordered a new delay pedal.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

edited March 2014
    Nice one @mike_l, glad to hear it went well. What delay is it? :)

As for me - a week ago I posted this:

"I had an audition for the degree course at ICMP today. I'm waiting to hear back, but I think it went well. My sight-reading was a bit shaky but everything else went pretty much as intended! Above all, I'm just very relieved to have done it. I hope my efforts paid off."

My efforts paid off. I am pleased to announce that earlier I had an email from ICMP with news of my having received an unconditional offer onto the BMus degree course. I am so, so happy. After my previous academic cock-ups - slightly disappointing A levels and not getting through the ICMP audition first time round last year - to have finally succeeded in getting onto this degree, which I've been wanting to do for a good couple of years now, feels absolutely amazing.

And I'm off college for the week having finished this term on my current course, so I get a lie-in tomorrow. :)
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    Well done old chap :)
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    Thanks! :)

@Bucket ; excellent work fella.

And it's a Digitech Digidelay.

Full review over the weekend. Possibly.

@Bucket superb! I'm dead chuffed for you (if not a little envious!)
  • Belated "very well done's" @Bucket
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Just taught my baby daughter to put her hands on her head and say "Oh No" like a Lemming about to explode.

Some might say I should be teaching her skills that will actually help her in life. I say don't underestimate the value of pretending to be a classic game of the 16 bit era. 
    2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Haha! Awesome
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1707
    Just taught my baby daughter to put her hands on her head and say "Oh No" like a Lemming about to explode.

Some might say I should be teaching her skills that will actually help her in life. I say don't underestimate the value of pretending to be a classic game of the 16 bit era. 
    Awesome parent skills dude
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    She keeps doing it because she thinks it's hilarious when I make the thumb in mouth "pop" sound of the Lemming exploding. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Potential new musical project happening... which stems, oddly, from an old musical project kind of dying on its arse.

I don't want to say too much more in case I jinx it, but I'm quite excited.

Holibobs is booked.

A week in Cornwall as per normal.

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 14862
    was a glorious day yesterday down the SW, so we decided to take the day off (both been working pretty much non stop since before xmas) and went for a womble up on Dartmoor. Was fantastic up there, only downside is it turns out neither of us are as fit as we should be. Still, if we can manage to keep up our intentions of going for a walk a week then we should soon be as fit as we'd like.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Thomann :)

Goods ordered Sat evening, received email saying order was noted but wouldn't be processed till Mon AM
    Email arrived Mon AM saying order was processed
    Email arrived Mon PM saying order was dispatched
    Goods arrived Wed AM

Damn good, those Germans! :)
    The Harley-Benton G212 Vintage sounds nice. I tried it with a 1968 50W Plexi. I thought I'd lost the power inlet for the Plexi with its original Bulgin plug, but was very please to find it stashed somewhere else :)
  • hungrymarkhungrymark Frets: 1782
    Wife just had 12 week scan and baby is fine, heartbeat and squirming around. Magic!
    Use Your Brian
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Sweet :)