Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• supessupes Frets: 159
    Yes, credit where credit is due old boy. My stiff little finger (ooer missus) is hovering over the 'wisdom' button just waitin for you to deserve it. Pick a band, any band. Look straight into my eyes, not around the eyes...Guns n
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    .. fingers
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Actually it might as well have been lately, every other fecker has had a turn in Axls touring tribute band.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    :)
  • People who create things like this...

• People who create things like this...

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    edited January 2014
    supes said: For awesome you need to be checking out the original Guns n Roses line-up. They were awesome.
    For certain values of the word "awesome".

Izzy was the talent in that band. And "JuJu Hounds" the best record any of them are associated with.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3252
    Nels Cline is playing in London in mid-February in his improv outfit with Berne and Black (all legends). So excited about this!
    Izzy was indeed a great song-writer, but it was the combination of the original members that produced Appetite.
    JuJu Hounds i disagree with though, very average I thought and sounds very dated now. Whereas Appetite still holds up today i think.
    Actually I'm currently reading the autobiographies again, juggling between Duffs, Slash and Axls.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7749
    Been watching some episodes of Waking the Dead on Netflix. I only caught the last series when it was on, so I'm going further back.

Ho. Lee. Shit.

It is amazing.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Today is my daughter's 2nd birthday. Last birthday was a disaster because she had a bad case of tonsilitis, but this year she's in fine form, running around like a noodle and playing with the foam Numberjacks I made for her.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698
    Bappy Hirthday MsRNRDaveJnr

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Got an email from Mike Soldano...
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mike_l said:
    Bappy Hirthday MsRNRDaveJnr

Cheers, Mike ;)

• Design decisions become so much easier once you're convinced about what the requirements really are.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 14862
    for a long time now it has been my ambition to grow some wheat, but have been frustrated due to my inability to find anywhere that sells garden quantities of seed, particularly old varieties (the agri merchants round here only sell modern hybrid varieties in 50 kilo bags, somewhat overkill as I only have an area of about 300 sq feet to try it on). Just this day, a friend sent me a link to a place that's garden quantities, so if it ever stops raining long enough to get the area dug over then I will be able to give it a try. This will almost certainly sound sad to most of you, but I am actually excited about it.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3532
    VimFuego said:
    for a long time now it has been my ambition to grow some wheat, but have been frustrated due to my inability to find anywhere that sells garden quantities of seed, particularly old varieties (the agri merchants round here only sell modern hybrid varieties in 50 kilo bags, somewhat overkill as I only have an area of about 300 sq feet to try it on). Just this day, a friend sent me a link to a place that's garden quantities, so if it ever stops raining long enough to get the area dug over then I will be able to give it a try. This will almost certainly sound sad to most of you, but I am actually excited about it.
    If that idea fails, there is a thatcher near here that has started to grow his own old varieties on his own land for the straw quality. I could try to hook you up with him as a source. I don't have any details as to what he grows though.

There may even be someone closer to you that does similar.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7749
    edited January 2014
    Another Waking the Dead post... not sure if happy, but it's related-ish to my last one (up there ^)

The last two-parter of season 7. Do not watch if you are easily distressed - I'm not, but it was still gut-wrenching. That story in particular is possibly the most upsetting TV programme I've ever watched, but as with every episode I've seen so far it is utterly compelling and I can't look away. Fantastic show but pretty tough going... still feel a little shellshocked after watching, which doesn't usually happen.

Seriously, if you have Netflix and you didn't watch this show when it was first on (like me) it's well worth checking out.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 3950
    Just now listening to a late night radio phone in and the host says something about the studio technology having problems and you hear the producer chip in that she's not screened "Lawrence from Balham" but the host says it will be okay, "Hello Lawrence, what  you got for us tonight?"
    [drunk voice] "Hello Nick, I want to talk about Mozart."
    "Yes, what about him?"
    "He used to poo in the alley."

And although the caller was cut off at that point, I reckon for me from now on Mozart = pooing in the alley.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • @Grunfeld you reckon Mozart was someone's dog/cat?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Grunfeld said:
    Just now listening to a late night radio phone in and the host says something about the studio technology having problems and you hear the producer chip in that she's not screened "Lawrence from Balham" but the host says it will be okay, "Hello Lawrence, what  you got for us tonight?"
    [drunk voice] "Hello Nick, I want to talk about Mozart."
    "Yes, what about him?"
    "He used to poo in the alley."

And although the caller was cut off at that point, I reckon for me from now on Mozart = pooing in the alley.

Just recounted this story to the wife and she became completely hysterical. 
    She's has a very childish sense of humour.

Daughters first birthday party on Sunday and the oven blew up on Friday meaning no birthday cake. Phoned a local company and explained and they sent a bloke out this morning to fix it. 

Legends :D
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9793
    edited January 2014
    Just got The Other Computer together. It is booting, this one can see its shared filestore :)

Edit The spreadsheets still work too :)

edit #2 AND I just found the missing bag of video/hifi remote controls in the same box as I found the Other Computer's keyboard :D
  • I've just seen the program I've been developing on an ordinary desktop Linux PC working after I've copied it to a 3.5" square SBC. Built from scratch, it talks nicely to the devices on the RS485 bus :)

Now all I have to do is get the Soap servers working ...
  • The Boss bought us some new toys. I've got a Raspberry Pi kit :)
    You'll love it; it's my 7 year old's favourite toy.
  • viz said:
    You'll love it; it's my 7 year old's favourite toy.
    It boots, but won't let me log in. We tried a mate's SD card with his own nobbled brew of linux and it boots & executes that OK

bastards
    edited January 2014

Are you spelling the password correctly? including the P in raspberry?

Edit @phil_aka_pip ;- reason asking, because we spent ages trying to log in with rasberry for some reason!

• we checked that, and the caps lock as there's no led on the kbd to tell you it's on. the kit was sold by amazon, but its a maplin kit. my colleague thinks that maplin uses trained monkeys to assemble the kit and has persuaded me to go to the raspberyy pi site and download the latest NOOB brew, which I've done. He will write it to my SD chip on monday. tbh it's not supposed to come up with a login prompt. when you first boot it, there's supposed to be some sort of config screen, according to the 2 sides of A4 "thank you for buying this product" spiel. Natty little transparent plastic case for the pcb though... 
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 3950
    Chuffed to bits:  listening to a random album on Spotify I've just heard a piece of music I heard years ago but never caught the name and, as it's all in Latin, didn't understand a word so had no hope of tracing it.  But here it is and I still think it's wonderful.  Cool beans!

Gregorio Allegri, "Miserere"

Absolutely, very awesome. Kings do an excellent version of it