Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Behold my massive board of pedals - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• JotaJota Frets: 449
    Loobs said:
    Colby? 

Mitch Colby, the guy from Colby amps, is the owner and builder of the Park brand.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 837
    Jota said:
    Loobs said:
    Colby? 

Mitch Colby, the guy from Colby amps, is the owner and builder of the Park brand.
    And the EQD pedal is called both different names - Colby in Europe and Canada, Park everywhere else (I think)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2064
    Jota said:
    Loobs said:
    Colby? 

And the EQD pedal is called both different names - Colby in Europe and Canada, Park everywhere else (I think)
    So mine says Colby on the top, but Park on the PCB.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3782
    edited March 2023
    Makes sense. This one came from the US. Hadn't ever seen the Colby version! 
    Loobs said:
    Makes sense. This one came from the US. Hadn't ever seen the Colby version! 
    Here ya go:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Cool and nice board. 
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 4817
    Loobs said:
    WIP, haven't quite finished wiring it up and haven’t added the power supply yet, but I added the Park Fuzz and Lex to my small board (which isn't quite so small anymore). 

Like it. Dirty at the front, echoey at the back, super practical, versatile and with zero fucks given to Insta cred.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

edited March 2023
    Thanks, I know what works for me, so I don't really buy and sell or add much new stuff to my setup. Most of that stuff I've had years and years. How does a board look when it's after Instagram credit? 
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 4817
    Loobs said:
    How does a board look when it's after Instagram credit? 

Cleaner and more fashionable mostly. Like you've vacuumed it more often than you've gigged it.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited March 2023
    Oh, I don't give much of a shit about that. It gets gigged a lot! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Installed a Cioks DC7 underneath and swapped out the DE7 for a DM-2w. Very happy with this board. Can do a lot. 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 3696
    I did a quick stock-take earlier of things that had built-up while my kit's been in storage. Most of these have been acquired in the last ~six months, I'm thinking I probably have enough drives for a little while...! 

I'm planning on condensing them a little bit, but I'm waiting to stabilize my amp setup out and see what ones work best with that. The E/Hx Big Muff Pi, and either the DMM or Echoman will go though as they're otherwise duplicative. The DS1 and SD1 don't get used a lot, but mine are a matched pair of 40th anniversary versions (he has the box) so I'll probably keep them anyways.

Still to acquire:
    • Volume pedal
    • E/Hx Small Clone
    • TC 3rd Dimension (again)
    • TC Ditto x2 (again)
    • Strymon Cloudburst
    • Stone Deaf PDF2
    • Moog MF Drive (again)
    • Moog MF Delay (maybe)
    • Shiny toys

Aren't pedals just great?
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4445

Seems to have gone much quieter on here lately, and the FX section in general (although stats may prove me wrong!)

Has inflation hit pedal gas or has everybody just got most of the pedals they need?
    Or is less being released?

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 6860

Seems to have gone much quieter on here lately, and the FX section in general (although stats may prove me wrong!)

Has inflation hit pedal gas or has everybody just got most of the pedals they need?

I’m full up. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2093
    I've got three boards and need another and I haven't bought any pedals this year. 
    Maybe gigs have come back post-covid so people are out playing rather than pedal shopping? I mean, I'm not, I'm definitely at home watching pedal videos on YouTube, but maybe I'm not representative...
    Maybe gigs have come back post-covid so people are out playing rather than pedal shopping? I mean, I'm not, I'm definitely at home watching pedal videos on YouTube, but maybe I'm not representative...
    I’m gigging quite a bit and really busy but still find the time.  It’s called multi-tasking.  Gig Friday night then get right back in the procurement stage Saturday morning.
    That said, I’m limited by post covid cash flow….
    slacker said:
    I've got three boards and need another and I haven't bought any pedals this year. 
    You are definitely a slacker then, get the 4th moving forward!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited March 2023

I’m full up. 
    Yes I’ve seen.  You got to level 100 and beat the end of level bad guy!  
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    I'm sorted for gear now. Really happy with my live rig and I have loads of guitars and pedals and amps at home to keep me entertained
    I did a quick stock-take earlier of things that had built-up while my kit's been in storage. Most of these have been acquired in the last ~six months, I'm thinking I probably have enough drives for a little while...! 

I'm planning on condensing them a little bit, but I'm waiting to stabilize my amp setup out and see what ones work best with that. The E/Hx Big Muff Pi, and either the DMM or Echoman will go though as they're otherwise duplicative. The DS1 and SD1 don't get used a lot, but mine are a matched pair of 40th anniversary versions (he has the box) so I'll probably keep them anyways.

Still to acquire:
    • Volume pedal
    • E/Hx Small Clone
    • TC Ditto x2 (again)
    • Strymon Cloudburst
    • Stone Deaf PDF2
    • Moog MF Drive (again)
    • Moog MF Delay (maybe)
    • Shiny toys

Wot, no Bad Monkey?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 3696
    Keefy said:

<pic>

Still to acquire:
    • Volume pedal
    • E/Hx Small Clone
    • TC Ditto x2 (again)
    • Strymon Cloudburst
    • Stone Deaf PDF2
    • Moog MF Drive (again)
    • Moog MF Delay (maybe)
    • Shiny toys

Wot, no Bad Monkey?
    Heh - not even a TS on there! I'd like a DF7 again though, I had one when they first came out and really liked the Muff and RAT modes... wait a minute :mrgreen: 
  • DoveholesDoveholes Frets: 108
    edited March 2023
    Here's where I'm at these days. Hoping to stick with this for the foreseeable as it's perfect for my needs and I really have no reason to change anything (famous last words).

I'm playing in Drop C into an Orange OTR and so it took a while to settle on gain stages that paired well with that. The DRV > Pharaoh > Zio is spot on though. The Analogman / Maxon AD9 recently replaced a Keeley / Ibanez AD9 as it had a touch more clarity on the repeats, which makes a difference with all the gain.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    V nice! 
  • I haven’t changed my board around much for ages so with the recent purchase of a Boss SD2, I thought I’d have a bit of a change. 

I’ve kicked off:
    Korg DT10 tuner. -> Boss TU2
    Barber Tone Press Compressor  -> Boss PH1r phaser
    Paul Cochrane Tim -> Boss SD2
    Zoom Ultra Fuzz -> Behringer Super fuzz
    Hudson Broadcast Dual -> Boss blues driver
    Source Audio EQ -> Ibanez Flanger

The SD2 sounded really great at my last rehearsal so I think this’ll work well.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • alalalkasaralalalkasar Frets: 345
    I haven’t changed my board around much for ages so with the recent purchase of a Boss SD2, I thought I’d have a bit of a change. 

I’ve kicked off:

Thats a nice board. I had a fl9 that I stupidly sold and now every time I see one I get all nostalgic for that wobbly yellowness.
  • I haven’t changed my board around much for ages so with the recent purchase of a Boss SD2, I thought I’d have a bit of a change. 

I’ve kicked off:

Thats a nice board. I had a fl9 that I stupidly sold and now every time I see one I get all nostalgic for that wobbly yellowness.
    Thanks. I really think the fl9 is a bit underrated. I love it as it excels at the more subtle end of things and works really well as an interesting chorus rather than the outright whooshy metallic jet flanging thing. It can do that as well but it’s not where it shines IMO.

Many many moons ago when I chose my username, it was in a fit of irony. I wasn’t a fan of flangers at all but the Ibanez definitely changed that for me.
  • alalalkasaralalalkasar Frets: 345
    I haven’t changed my board around much for ages so with the recent purchase of a Boss SD2, I thought I’d have a bit of a change. 

Thanks. I really think the fl9 is a bit underrated. I love it as it excels at the more subtle end of things and works really well as an interesting chorus rather than the outright whooshy metallic jet flanging thing. It can do that as well but it’s not where it shines IMO.

Absolutely. I used it as a sort of Swiss army modulation.
  • abw1989abw1989 Frets: 569
    A bit of a swap time for me:

1 - wah now lives off the board
    2 - Optimist in for boost and drive sounds
    3 - Magus Pro in, various fuzzes out, just wasn't working for me
    4 - Quint in, had one sold stupidly, bought another

Stomp is now just doing reverb, delays and modulation. I'm tempted to swap that out for an MD-200 and a couple of Alexander pedals. Watch this space...