Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Behold my massive board of pedals - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    The 30ms is a great pedal, isn't it?
    Picked it up used as I was curious about it...turned into a keeper ;)
    I really want to try one. I use a TC Mimiq Mini at the moment for solos, it really livens things up. Also interested in the EHX Slapback Echo

That's a really nice board @digitalkettle. How do you use the FreqOut?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 2587
    roberty said:
    That's a really nice board @digitalkettle. How do you use the FreqOut?
    I've just moved it over from my 'recording board' so it's not been out with the band yet...hopefully it will behave and fill in all those awkward spots where you go for a bit of feedback and it all dries up. Should save me a bit of contorting when trying to line the guitar up with a floor-mounted, horizontal 2x12 ;)

Depending on how you're playing it, other things can happen which are more subtle than foot-on-monitor moments...check the first 20 seconds of this old SotM entry...there are notes in there that I didn't really play...quite spooky:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4080
    TimmyO said:
    How is the mini Wah?

My guitar wah is one of the massive Vox Satriani ones. It's lovely but it is far too big really.
    I've always liked it - sound wise it's a 'sorted' Crybaby - no tone suck and just sounds good - useage wise you just learn to plant your foot pretty far forward (instep in the middle with lots of toe end overhang - if the ball of your foot is on the pedal you're fecked and can't operate it properly but it quickly becomes habit to do it 'right') 

My BBE Wah is nicer but fancied having something truly plug and go. 
    There's also the halfway house size-wise of the Crybaby Junior - think it's basically the same circuit as the Mini but with the voicing switch on the outside, and an LED.  Picked one up recently as a first foray into wah-world.  Still trying to decide whether to squeeze it onto the board, or just stick it on the floor.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

@digitalkettle wow that sounds really pretty. I don't think I've heard it on a clean sound before. I'm sure there are lots of creative possibilities for it

I drilled some rubber feet into the side of my 2x12 so I can stand it upright. It takes up less stage space and I can hear it better, but the head sticks over the sides. It's nice to have the flexibility anyway
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 1965
    Here's what I'm using at the moment. Just added the amazing Golden Royale:) 

I guess the reverb doesn't really need to be on the board but it does fit quite nicely. 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MCluerMCluer Frets: 27
    Works for me.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jca74jca74 Frets: 239

I guess the reverb doesn't really need to be on the board but it does fit quite nicely.

...and means you get to kick it for the wonderful sound of rattling springs!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12324
    @MCluer ;

Whats that revervb/tremolo? Looks cool. 

Also interesting to see two Lightspeeds appear in the last page. What do you make of it? 
  • MCluerMCluer Frets: 27
    @UnclePsychosis ;
    The reverb/tremolo is a Milkman F-Stop...I wasn't sure at first but now love it...it's subtle but brilliant.
    If I was only to have one OD, I would keep the Lightspeed. It's superb both with single coils and humbuckers.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7086

I'm really only concentrating on the bottom two at the moment, but I fancied finding out what three Moods would sound like together :)

httpspbstwimgcommediaFxdD_OqWYAETxiTformatjpgnamesmall

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3116
    edited June 2023

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12324
    I reacquired a Kilobyte after foolishly selling my old one.

Very happy with this lot. Although the form factor of the Double Rock is a gigantic PITA. 

I may need to get a different board to get it to sit properly. Although then I'd be tempted to add more pedals and I don't want to do that.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1927
    NelsonP said:

Not seen a full drive for a while! 
    They where "the thing" a while back 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • StevenMKStevenMK Frets: 8
    new pedalboard complete

• uksaint7uksaint7 Frets: 256
    So after 40 years of playing electric guitar I just put together my first pedalboard! I've had a few pedals over the years and a few multi-effects but never an actual pedalboard. So broke out the velcro for the first time, most of the pedals were purchased used and came with velcro on. I was planning to make my own cables- haven't got round to that yet so just bodged with what was lying around, I'm not gigging at the moment so I don't need it to be roadworthy. The board is a Rockboard Tres 3.0 and I fitted one of their integral patchbays. I'd also purchased their 'Tray' for mounting my Cioks DC7 but there wasn't enough room without removing the central support strut the Tray fixes to so have cable-tied it for now. If anybody wants to buy a Tray for their Rockboard hit me up! Overall am pleased with it, much better than the disorganised rabble of music gear on the floor I am so accustomed to.

IMG_0646
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 5837
    Had to upgrade my pedalboard due to power and space requirements. Used primarily for bass playing. 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6304
    edited June 2023

Upon discovering the Cry Baby Clyde McCoy wah I had for sale works perfectly AFTER my fuzz face I've put it on the board. 

The Sonus 1968 Fuzz is a beautiful and musical sounding NKT germanium thingy and sounds very pretty. 

The SD-1 has been a revelation after a decade of going through boutique drives, none of which sound better than this. 

The Orca sounds great and has 2 presets. 

The Flamma reverb is very versatile too and you can save a preset for each reverb type. I just leave it on a subtle plate setting.  

Just enough space for a little tuner, or a tempo switch for the vibe. 

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • RkphilpotRkphilpot Frets: 118
    edited June 2023
    Can't get mine to embed. Annoyingly.
    https://flic.kr/p/2oKexzM

Rkphilpot said:
    Can't get mine to embed. Annoyingly.
    https://flic.kr/p/2oKexzM

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Just added the Royal Jelly and Deep Oggin. 

I do need to tidy up the wiring a bit, The underside is a mess

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3301
    Fishboy7 said:

Is your back row raised a bit. I'd like to do that, but how...?
    Must be the angle of the shot.  It's just a Pedaltrain Jr, So sloping but not raised as such.
    Lebarque said:
    Fishboy7 said:

I do need to tidy up the wiring a bit, The underside is a mess... 
     @Lebarque ;https://pedaltrain.com/products/pedaltrain-booster?variant=39555361478
  • Lebarque said:
    Fishboy7 said:

https://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/249993/psa-t-rex-tone-trunk-pedalboards#latest
    Blackbird Cabs - bespoke guitar cabinets, handcrafted in North Devon
    sam@blackbirdcabs.com

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3301
    Thx
  • Hellsbells87Hellsbells87 Frets: 99
    edited July 2023
    The descent into sonic madness continues. 
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30192
    Lebarque said:
    Get your props to lift them.

Gym squats really useful in this regard....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Gassage said:
    Gym squats really useful in this regard...
    Gym squats really useful for lifting some of these boards off the floor!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

• The descent into sonic madness continues. 
    Very much within the spirit of the thread, bravo.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

The descent into sonic madness continues. 
    Very much within the spirit of the thread, bravo.
    I think we literally do have a winner
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter