Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Behold my massive board of pedals - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• Hellsbells87Hellsbells87 Frets: 99
    edited July 2023
    The descent into sonic madness continues. 
    For anyone interested, signal chain is:
    Tuner -> comp -> tumnus -> Matrise input 1
     - Matrise output 1 -> DRV -> signal blender input
       - Signal blender loop 1 -> Ct5
       - Signal blender loop 2 -> Mood -> blooper -> thermae -> context
       - Signal blender output -> Matrise input 2
     - Matrise output 2 -> fallout cloud -> [now stereo] enzo => liquid trem => polymoon -=> mercury 7 => microcosm => Matrise inputs 3/4
     - matrise outputs 3/4 => empress reverb => out to stereo amps 

Midi is a pain with 10 midi pedals. Currently hooked up to mood, blooper, thermae, enzo, polymoon, Mercury 7, context, empress reverb. Works beautifully. Need to incorporate microcosm and liquid trem but they both have silly plugs. Think I’ll need to go midi out from meris midi box to microcosm to liquid trem but I’ll need a silly cable.

As ever, all thoughts, suggestions, expletives welcome! 
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 874
    roberty said:

Very much within the spirit of the thread, bravo.
    I think we literally do have a winner

,,,but let's see it cabled-up, just to be sure ;)
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Gadget said:
    roberty said:

Haha! Very fair request…

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7202
    Bonkers, beautiful, bravo :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Hells bells!! :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 417
    Gassage said:
    Gym squats really useful in this regard...
    Gym squats really useful for lifting some of these boards off the floor!
    I think I went to school with Jim Squats...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    JezWynd said:
    Had to upgrade my pedalboard due to power and space requirements. Used primarily for bass playing. 

love to see an OG Tender Octaver out in the wild
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 6860
    roberty said:

I resent that assessment  =)
  • distresseddistressed Frets: 287
    Haha! Very fair request…

I'm literally craving sound samples/tunes. When will you post some?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 291

I got the ADG-1 SE a couple of days ago and am really liking it. I’ve hooked up the delay insert to the Goodwood Audio Audition so that I can try various effects in the loop. Great fun.
    IMG_3739.jpeg 436.8K
    0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DoctorX said:

I got the ADG-1 SE a couple of days ago and am really liking it. I’ve hooked up the delay insert to the Goodwood Audio Audition so that I can try various effects in the loop. Great fun.
    Woah there, killer board!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • rhinofeetrhinofeet Frets: 75
    Do you need a forklift to move it?
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1255
    @Hellsbells87 I hope that pedalboard is insured. A lot of money gone into that one, wouldn't want some scally nicking a pedal!
  • 5redlights5redlights Frets: 311
    @Hellsbells87 that's amazing. Do your feet have eyes? 
  • Hellsbells87Hellsbells87 Frets: 99
    edited July 2023
    Haha! Very fair request…

I'm literally craving sound samples/tunes. When will you post some?
    Here’s a very rough snippet recorded on my phone. I think this was tumnus, enzo, flux, blooper, ct5, empress. 

Edit: adding link above as the embedded video looks like a still, but for my leg jiggling about. 
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 733
    rhinofeet said:
    It must be heavier than a Twin Reverb. No wonder it's not flightcased.
  • roberty said:

I resent that assessment  =)
    maybe we should patch our boards together to make one board to rule them all…
  • @Hellsbells87 that's amazing. Do your feet have eyes? 
    I’m not going to answer that question directly, suffice it to say that a soft switch in the retina is excruciating. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • rhinofeet said:
    It must be heavier than a Twin Reverb. No wonder it's not flightcased.
    This made me curious and I needed some exercise so I hefted it downstairs to weigh it (no I couldn’t simply have carried the light and portable scales upstairs). 

Could make the topic of a fretboard fundraiser. 
  • DoctorX said:

Where did you manage to get it? How much do they retail for, please?
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 291
    edited July 2023
    I spent WAY too much on it because I’m impatient. I bought it from Pedal Empire in Australia & it worked out at around £530, which isn’t too bad. However, there’s then the import fees which were over £100. The smart thing would be to contact a UK retailer (Soundgas and Joe’s Pedals carry their stuff) and ask if they’re getting any SE’s in. 

Edit: just checked & the import fees were £127.06(!)
  • DoctorX said:
    I spent WAY too much on it because I’m impatient. I bought it from Pedal Empire in Australia & it worked out at around £530, which isn’t too bad. However, there’s then the import fees which were over £100. The smart thing would be to contact a UK retailer (Soundgas and Joe’s Pedals carry their stuff) and ask if they’re getting any SE’s in. 
    Thank you, mate, much appreciated. The gas is strong with this one, must admit!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • Tgt11 advertised some. I converted the price but had to immediately erase it from memory, but it was north of £600.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SunburstSunburst Frets: 96
    Gadget said:
    roberty said:

Haha! Very fair request…

@Hellsbells87 ; Your pedalboard is absolutely epic; I think you've won the internet!

How are you powering all this, by the way? Sizewell B?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6304
    Yeah but can you play Neds on it. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1513
    My Home and Band boards. A lot of crossover in the basics, but the band board (lower photo) is very rarely home! 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 6860
    My Home and Band boards. A lot of crossover in the basics, but the band board (lower photo) is very rarely home! 

I have Diamond comp envy. some great pedals on here. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    edited July 2023
    It should e compulsory to show the underside of the board as well.

See who the real nerds are! :D 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • cathodynecathodyne Frets: 21

Or maybe a separate thread, of ONLY the undersides?!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    cathodyne said:

Or maybe a separate thread, of ONLY the undersides?!
    I think there is one. Possibly called "show me your bottoms"
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter