Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Behold my massive board of pedals - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• jca74jca74 Frets: 239
    edited April 2023
    Mines only massive because I insist on putting huge pedals on it....

I've had much of this since the late 90s but just upgraded to a 'proper' board instead of a slab of MDF, so it's a bit neater than it used to be.

The stereo volume pedal is  hooked up as an expression pedal to both the voodoo vibe and the delay. Can be 'interesting' if you have them both on at once...

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • abw1989 said:
    A bit of a swap time for me:

1 - wah now lives off the board
    2 - Optimist in for boost and drive sounds
    3 - Magus Pro in, various fuzzes out, just wasn't working for me
    4 - Quint in, had one sold stupidly, bought another

Stomp is now just doing reverb, delays and modulation. I'm tempted to swap that out for an MD-200 and a couple of Alexander pedals. Watch this space...

Watch this space race…?  :s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • kossofffankossofffan Frets: 506
    edited April 2023
    Pleased with how this 22x12 finished up. Put the internals from a big red Fuzz Face into the plain metal enclosure (top right).
    Really into running a fuzz or rangemaster or compressor or horsemeat into a overdrive at the moment and this gives me a lot of choices. Very late to the party with the Big Sky but got there in the end! :) 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • icu81b4icu81b4 Frets: 291
    slacker said:
    I've got three boards and need another and I haven't bought any pedals this year. 
    https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/243443/fs-friedman-tour-pro-1525-pedalboard-with-buffer-bay-reduced

This could get you up and running with that,  ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Pleased with how this 22x12 finished up. Put the internals from a big red Fuzz Face into the plain metal enclosure (top right).
    Really into running a fuzz or rangemaster or compressor or horsemeat into a overdrive at the moment and this gives me a lot of choices. Very late to the party with the Big Sky but got there in the end! :) 
    How do you find that Imperial Electric Zeppelin? 
  • kossofffankossofffan Frets: 506
    To be honest, I was disappointed with it at first with my Les Paul, but with a Tele it really brings it alive. The ‘EP Boost’ is the best ever by a long way as it just hits the spot as others have too much bass/gain!
    Does a perfect recreation of The Rover but is expensive just for that. 

• slacker said:
    I've got three boards and need another and I haven't bought any pedals this year. 
    How have you approached this? Do you have a different application in mind for each board? Or are they variations on a theme? The more pedals I acquire, the bigger my board gets and I struggle to take anything out because I try to max out the possible combinations (the board also includes a matrix mixer) but it might now be time to break it down into smaller pieces. And maybe it could be a modular setup, where the boards fit together optionally?
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 807
    edited April 2023
    jca74 said:
    Mines only massive because I insist on putting huge pedals on it....

I've had much of this since the late 90s but just upgraded to a 'proper' board instead of a slab of MDF, so it's a bit neater than it used to be.

The stereo volume pedal is  hooked up as an expression pedal to both the voodoo vibe and the delay. Can be 'interesting' if you have them both on at once...

I have a Voodoo Vibe. Brilliant pedal but can be a bit fussy. Which output do you use?

BTW Forum clock needs putting forward 1 hour?

• robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    @SteveF nice mate I like the double decker. Cable management looks well tidy. Is the terraform on midi? 
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 505
    roberty said:
    @SteveF nice mate I like the double decker. Cable management looks well tidy. Is the terraform on midi? 
    Thanks mate. I found the board on Reverb second hand for a decent price. 

It is connected to midi although not played with it yet. Only just received the pedal today.  It has pretty basic midi from what I can tell, just patch changes but that’s all I’m after tbh. I haven’t really dipped my toe in the midi waters yet so it’s all a bit new to me. 
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 6860

Practicing for Gallops shows yesterday. No change, but it looks nice. That said, I had a couple of Old Fashioned’s last night and trigger finger got the better of me; I ordered an Empress Fuzz to try as I’ve long wanted to. It’ll have a fight on its hands to dislodge the Muff though. 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    SteveF said:
    roberty said:
    Thanks mate. I found the board on Reverb second hand for a decent price. 

It is connected to midi although not played with it yet. Only just received the pedal today.  It has pretty basic midi from what I can tell, just patch changes but that’s all I’m after tbh. I haven’t really dipped my toe in the midi waters yet so it’s all a bit new to me. 
    Patch change is pretty much all I use midi for. One less thing to remember between songs. You've done a great job there, really smart 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    edited April 2023
    Two newies on the board, the Keeley Halo (Andy Timmons' Delay) and the Wampler Belle. I think this is the best sounding rig I've had to date and I'm liking the new ones a lot, but it's early days.

I still want to reduce the number of pedals I have on my board and was inspired by Andy Wood's mini board (he uses 3- 4) but at a push, I think I could get down to 6.

With the Belle, I now have that Tom Petty/Keith Urban/Eagles-ish low gain that crunches up like Bryan Adam's stuff on the bridge humbucker and it's quite chimey and transparent.

The OCD takes over after that for medium gain and with a kick from the EP Boost, thickens up for good a good classic rock sound and soloing.

The Sinvertek N5 Anniversary may not be familiar to a lot of folk but that's an MIAB or preamp pedal modelled after things like a Soldano, CAE preamp etc and does the Lukather and Huff thing but it's actually pretty versatile across it's gain range with the added bonus of a boost (double click the footswitch).

The 2nd little boost is a rarer item and it's a Catalinbread Serrano Picoso boost that I use as volume boost or for solo hikes.

Some nice and different boards here.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 944
    My rather random selection of things that work for me, which don't really get replaced or changed anywhere near as much as they used to. Money has been tight the past few years so I tend to just find what works fairly cheaply and stick to it. 

MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30192
    Rebuilt for Rockfield 8th May-14th May!

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    Gassage said:

Love seeing these budget boards, amazing what you can do these days.... ;)

Amazing that mate, bet it sounds immense too. What is Rockfield? Is it the studios or a gig? (Or both!)

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30192
    Boromedic said:
    Gassage said:

Amazing that mate, bet it sounds immense too. What is Rockfield? Is it the studios or a gig? (Or both!)
    We've hired the studio for a jam/piss up

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1927
    Gassage said:

is the wah not a pain at that angle?!
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    Gassage said:
    Boromedic said:
    Gassage said:

Awesome, have a great time, that's a dream right there!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

Boromedic said:
    Gassage said:
    Boromedic said:
    Gassage said:

Awesome, have a great time, that's a dream right there!
    It really is. Have a good one @Gassage that's some serious low voltage you have there
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3301
    edited April 2023
    Boromedic said:
    Gassage said:

Love seeing these budget boards, amazing what you can do these days....

Pfft. G2? So last year.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stylesforfreestylesforfree Frets: 147

They're not on a board(s) yet because I have not found the right one(s) yet. I want a board that fits inside a hardcase, I like the fender tweed ones but they're a tad pricey, but then again my pedal collection has amassed a cost of about £4000 so why am I even debating the cost of a pedalboard and case?

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976

FINALLY made some time to try the Nobels - I really like it. 

Intend to swap the Timmy and Lightspeed about and decide which I prefer with it and in what order.

Liking the Arion too - despite it being a bit noisy - not that noticeable when plying but if you leave it on and go do something else it’s surprising how noisy it is when on. 

Halo needs space left to its right to operate it properly/easily but sounds ace. 
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    How is the mini Wah?

My guitar wah is one of the massive Vox Satriani ones. It's lovely but it is far too big really.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
    How is the mini Wah?

My guitar wah is one of the massive Vox Satriani ones. It's lovely but it is far too big really.
    I've always liked it - sound wise it's a 'sorted' Crybaby - no tone suck and just sounds good - useage wise you just learn to plant your foot pretty far forward (instep in the middle with lots of toe end overhang - if the ball of your foot is on the pedal you're fecked and can't operate it properly but it quickly becomes habit to do it 'right') 

My BBE Wah is nicer but fancied having something truly plug and go. 
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Latest double-board from me....

RH 4x pedals are the guitar rig. ES-330 or Strat into PT Mini, Jan Ray, Cleggy Small Clone and Origin RD Compact into a TMDR.

LH 6x are the bass rig. Shure wireless/tuner into Cali76 to OC5, Halcyon, Flange and Bassrig. That is an EPIC set of pedals. The GASsist in me is thinking one of the new Origin drives would be better than the Halcyon, though in reality I barely need anything in that slot as it's only used for the tiniest little level boost. Similarly the OC5 is a lot of fun but probably not strictly necessary. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 2587
    Gigging-board revamp...caused by the Deco turning up...also been itching to get the Unit67 and the Freqout onto it!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 2922
    Gigging-board revamp...caused by the Deco turning up...also been itching to get the Unit67 and the Freqout onto it!

The 30ms is a great pedal, isn't it?
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 2587
    The 30ms is a great pedal, isn't it?
    Picked it up used as I was curious about it...turned into a keeper ;)