Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Behold my massive board of pedals - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• Big revamp for me...

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • markvmarkv Frets: 449
    @digitalkettle what no HM-2w? ;-)  Two choruses (chorusi?) though - respect!

What are the off-board pedals connected to now?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  •  @markv HM-2 is one of the few Boss pedals that I did own back in the day ;)

Two chorusi (kind of), two delays, two vibratos (technically)...missing my phase and flange.

Off-board: bit convoluted...EV-30 is the expression pedal for the VB-2w...the Xotics are hooked-up thusly: guitar > volume > Empress Buffer+ (which feeds the tuner) > wah > Freqout > etc. The wah hates running without a buffer in front of it...weird but I get all kinds of noise otherwise.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30192
    Pulse rotary in!

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • What switching system are you using?

also, gotta love a script phase 90!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30192

What switching system are you using?

also, gotta love a script phase 90!
    Gigrig G2

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 291
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1255
    edited January 2023
    Any advice on this? It's missing a Boss RV3 and possibly a distortion pedal & a TC Sub n Up mini.

I'm not totally sold on the T-Rex but will leave it for now, as it has a boost so saves a small bit of space.

Seems to be a lot of free "real estate" as the yanks say.

The Boss reverb will go beside the Mooer A7, and I will use it as a neutral reverb and a reverb/delay.
    I am half thinking of getting rid of the EHX and sticking in a Boss MD200 (get a midi switch to change presets)
    or

Get a HX Effects and then use the EHS MM & Mooer alongside it along with AN OTHER wacky pedal.

Problem with the board is I can't put the tuner or the black fuzz pedal near the edge, as the guitar cables will hit the side of it..
    Maybe the pedal board is the problem here...
    pedal board ideas
  • Hellsbells87Hellsbells87 Frets: 99
    edited January 2023
    Hi folks,

Here’s a major WIP but I think it’s time to consult the hive mind. 

I’m planning to incorporate the signal blender to introduce a couple more clean channels and/or create additional loops to separate mircroloopers. Current signal chain is:
    Tuner
    SP comp
    Flashback
    Matrise in 1
    Matrise out 1
    -DRV
    -Tumnus
    -Fallout cloud 
    -Infinite jets
    -ct5
    -Mood
    -Blooper
    -Thermae
    -Draume
    -Matrise in 2
    Matrise out 2
    -(stereo) Enzo 
    -Polymoon
    -Merc7
    -Microcosm
    -Empress reverb
    -Matrise in 3&4
    Matrise out 3&4 to amp

Signal chain guidance and advice welcome! Also considering bigger board vs second board. 

Thanks
    0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7086

Blooper off, Wombtone II on.

httpspbstwimgcommediaFmOZOJoXgAAbLDpformatjpgnamesmall

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

• Do you use all those live?
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4636
    Hi folks,

I’m planning to incorporate the signal blender to introduce a couple more clean channels and/or create additional loops to separate mircroloopers. Current signal chain is:
    Tuner
    SP comp
    Flashback
    Matrise in 1
    Matrise out 1
    -DRV
    -Tumnus
    -Fallout cloud 
    -Infinite jets
    -ct5
    -Mood
    -Blooper
    -Thermae
    -Draume
    -Matrise in 2
    Matrise out 2
    -(stereo) Enzo 
    -Polymoon
    -Merc7
    -Microcosm
    -Empress reverb
    -Matrise in 3&4
    Matrise out 3&4 to amp

Signal chain guidance and advice welcome! Also considering bigger board vs second board. 

Thanks
    Mega!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Hi folks,

Tuner
    SP comp
    Flashback
    Matrise in 1
    Matrise out 1
    -DRV
    -Tumnus
    -Fallout cloud 
    -Infinite jets
    -ct5
    -Mood
    -Blooper
    -Thermae
    -Draume
    -Matrise in 2
    Matrise out 2
    -(stereo) Enzo 
    -Polymoon
    -Merc7
    -Microcosm
    -Empress reverb
    -Matrise in 3&4
    Matrise out 3&4 to amp

Thanks
    Wow! I'd get a second board because anything bigger would be a pain to move about loaded.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

• I love EVERYTHING about this
    How very rock and roll

• This is a glorious kind of madness! Also, you've got a GFI Triple Switch, but no actual GFI pedal?

• Do you use all those live?
    That’s the ambition but I’m not getting that close with constant tinkering. That said, it’s a lot of fun!
  • rhinofeet said:
    Hi folks,

Tuner
    SP comp
    Flashback
    Matrise in 1
    Matrise out 1
    -DRV
    -Tumnus
    -Fallout cloud 
    -Infinite jets
    -ct5
    -Mood
    -Blooper
    -Thermae
    -Draume
    -Matrise in 2
    Matrise out 2
    -(stereo) Enzo 
    -Polymoon
    -Merc7
    -Microcosm
    -Empress reverb
    -Matrise in 3&4
    Matrise out 3&4 to amp

Thanks
    Wow! I'd get a second board because anything bigger would be a pain to move about loaded.
    I think this is the way. It will also mean I can make this board a bit more organised!
  • Hellsbells87Hellsbells87 Frets: 99
    edited January 2023

• I love EVERYTHING about this
    Ha that’s makes one of us!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • froglord said:

This is a glorious kind of madness! Also, you've got a GFI Triple Switch, but no actual GFI pedal?
    Mainly madness… 

Yeah the triple switch could be any trs switch as it gives me extra fixed buttons on the mc6, so I don’t have to use up presets in each bank for e.g. toggle bank page 1/2, midi tap tempo (game changer!), and I can access them anytime without having to jump to some sort of options bank. Neato!

I have been thinking about a gfi synesthesia to replace the flux and for extra mod options. But it’s only stereo in, and it has silly midi plugs. 

• Nocturne Brain fanboy!

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 837
    edited February 2023
    For a recent tour, really fun getting the big board out again after tending towards the smaller ones for a while.

Dammit, Instagram embedding not working sorry...

• Hi folks,

Tuner
    SP comp
    Flashback
    Matrise in 1
    Matrise out 1
    -DRV
    -Tumnus
    -Fallout cloud 
    -Infinite jets
    -ct5
    -Mood
    -Blooper
    -Thermae
    -Draume
    -Matrise in 2
    Matrise out 2
    -(stereo) Enzo 
    -Polymoon
    -Merc7
    -Microcosm
    -Empress reverb
    -Matrise in 3&4
    Matrise out 3&4 to amp

Thanks
    I get anxiety just looking at that! I would probably forget to actually play the guitar with all that lot to think about. I struggle to use one looper! If you're gigging, I think you'd definitely need two pedalboards.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Finally, the rehaul is near completion:

https://imgur.com/a/STdvSpq
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 505
    edited February 2023
    Main wet/dry board completely redone. Power installed underneath. Decibel Eleven ABY switcher underneath also for wet/dry setup. Just patch cables to go. 

Tuner>Univerb>Fuzz>OD>Distortion>Boost>Trem>Phaser>ABY>Rotary>Delay>Reverb>Amp1
                          >Looper>Amp2
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 505
    Neilybob said:
    Main wet/dry board completely redone. Power installed underneath. Decibel Eleven ABY switcher underneath also for wet/dry setup. Just patch cables to go. 

Tuner>Univerb>Fuzz>OD>Distortion>Boost>Trem>Phaser>ABY>Rotary>Delay>Reverb>Amp1
                          >Looper>Amp2
    With photo

• DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 291

Trying out the Boneyard that I got the other day. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3782
    WIP, haven't quite finished wiring it up and haven’t added the power supply yet, but I added the Park Fuzz and Lex to my small board (which isn't quite so small anymore). 

• KeefyKeefy Frets: 2064
    Loobs said:
    WIP, haven't quite finished wiring it up and haven’t added the power supply yet, but I added the Park Fuzz and Lex to my small board (which isn't quite so small anymore). 

Love my Park (Colby) Fuzz!
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3782
    Colby?