Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Behold my massive board of pedals - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    @keefy @digitalkettle almost! Truetone / 1-spot CS6. Great PSU that fits very well under the Nano/Metro boards. I have a couple of them. 

I also have a Zuma on the “big board”, which is a PT Classic Jr, though tbh I’m not sure I see myself using a board this big any time soon. We’ll see what happens with this band after our mid-Nov gig
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    @tone1 How do you like the Les Luis? I quite fancy the High Powered Tweed Twin pedal they do, but thees Luis has that one side and more of a tweed deluxe the other right? 
    @StruanRobertson Im absolutely loving the Les Luis! 
    It’s actually 3 in 1 with Josh Smith’s favourite Tchula on toggle left, HPTT in the toggle in the middle and my actual favourite the 5E3 on the right….although my pic below shows it pre-fuzz, I’ve actually got it as a final pedal and it’s also fantastic on its own with my Romany Plus…

https://i.imgur.com/436jIzf.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tone1 said:
    @tone1 How do you like the Les Luis? I quite fancy the High Powered Tweed Twin pedal they do, but thees Luis has that one side and more of a tweed deluxe the other right? 
    @StruanRobertson Im absolutely loving the Les Luis! 
    It’s actually 3 in 1 with Josh Smith’s favourite Tchula on toggle left, HPTT in the toggle in the middle and my actual favourite the 5E3 on the right….although my pic below shows it pre-fuzz, I’ve actually got it as a final pedal and it’s also fantastic on its own with my Romany Plus…

https://i.imgur.com/436jIzf.jpg
    Nice one. Thanks for the info. 

Thinking it might let me have a few different sounds out of my actual high powered tweed twin!

Cheers! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2064
    roberty said:
    Keefy said:
    I can just make out that's a Nano+ board but what is the PSU underneath?
    '1 Spot' ?
    CS7 maybe?

@Keefy I'm loving the vagabond trem. Got some interesting noises using velocity controlled trem into velocity controlled filters on the M5. Will be good for production. Tremolo into tremolo is fun as well, they fall in and out of phase with each other. Could be useful for filling out a song section without taking up much space 
    Cool, glad you like it! I must admit when I tried it through my 5E3 clone before you arrived I had a major twinge of seller’s remorse!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • abw1989abw1989 Frets: 569
    edited October 2022
    After a few months with a full Helix for amps and effects, I've migrated back to a 'real' amp and a pedal board. I've stuck with a Stomp for delays, reverbs and modulation in the amp's FX loop, with two analog drive pedals in front. MC8 controls Stomp patches, amp switching and drives.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • abw1989 said:
    After a few months with a full Helix for amps and effects, I've migrated back to a 'real' amp and a pedal board. I've stuck with a Stomp for delays, reverbs and modulation in the amp's FX loop, with two analog drive pedals in front. MC8 controls Stomp patches, amp switching and drives.

Nice neat board. Is there an advantage to using the stomp and a MIDI controller rather than the full Helix?
    @downbytheriver This is slightly more compact than the Helix so I've gained back a bit of floor at the expense of some extra cables!

I had those two drive pedals just hanging around and they both sound too good to be doing that. I've had the wah since 2008 and was never overly impressed with the Helix wahs either. I tried using the drives in the Helix with my amp, but to me, the 'real' drive pedals just sound better.
  • abw1989 said:
    @downbytheriver This is slightly more compact than the Helix so I've gained back a bit of floor at the expense of some extra cables!

I had those two drive pedals just hanging around and they both sound too good to be doing that. I've had the wah since 2008 and was never overly impressed with the Helix wahs either. I tried using the drives in the Helix with my amp, but to me, the 'real' drive pedals just sound better.
    Thank you
  • MiscusernameMiscusername Frets: 56
    edited October 2022
    Decided to downsize after struggling to fit on a "stage" with my old board. M1 and 5F6 at risk of being shipped out next, but it'll do for now.

https://i.imgur.com/spozUN2.jpeg

Embedding isn't working on mobile for me again. 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Not a massive board at all but an update on the bass side of things. Quite chuffed with this. The homemade one is an OTA comp (Fuzzdog Engineer’s Thumb) 

• robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Ah so you got the Origin in the end @stickyfiddle. How is it?

I said I was done with mine but change is afoot (see what I did there). Just waiting for a midi splitter 

My cable management is not the best. More Croydon facelift than surgeon's knife. It has been totally reliable though

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    @roberty yeah with the low point I jumped on an amazing price at peach - clear $100 cheaper than any on reverb! 

I'm not an experienced bassist by any means but it sounds incredible. Far better than the HX setup (though I imagine now I have them side by side I could get closer with the HX). It's the sort of thing that barely even needs compression.

Trouble is now I'm gonna want the SVT version as well... :D
    @roberty yeah with the low point I jumped on an amazing price at peach - clear $100 cheaper than any on reverb! 

I'm not an experienced bassist by any means but it sounds incredible. Far better than the HX setup (though I imagine now I have them side by side I could get closer with the HX). It's the sort of thing that barely even needs compression.

Trouble is now I'm gonna want the SVT version as well... :D
    Cool. Bass is a funny one coming from guitar. I don't even know what a bass is supposed to sound like really! A decent preamp makes things a lot easier. With the wrong gear it just sounds bad no matter what you try (IME)
    I have midi (three channels of):

The M5 has replaced my MD-200 and Bad Stone phaser leaving room for a POG which I'm loving so far

I'm pretty happy with this now. It's a bit messier than it used to be but easier to follow. There's enough slack at the cable ends to unplug them if I need to. Should be good for some time 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I've changed the loop order so next step is to redo my patches

The loops are:

1. Whammy
    2. POG
    3. Fjord Fenris
    4. DIY Carcosa
    5. Atomic Cock + Mimiq Mini (solo boost)
    6. Line 6 M5
    7. DD-200
    8. DIY Belton Brick reverb
    V. Noise gate

The noise gate is keyed off tuner output on the ES-8 so it always gets a clean dry signal

The WMD Parametric is after the output of the ES-8. Works as a master EQ/Volume

If anyone is remotely interested hahaha 

roberty said:
    I have midi (three channels of):

The M5 has replaced my MD-200 and Bad Stone phaser leaving room for a POG which I'm loving so far

I'm pretty happy with this now. It's a bit messier than it used to be but easier to follow. There's enough slack at the cable ends to unplug them if I need to. Should be good for some time 

MIDI!

<shudder>

Been there, done that, wasted many an hour trying to get it to do what I wanted. I’m no technophobe but I have a massive blind spot when it comes to MIDI.
    @roberty Fully agree on bass tones. You know when it's right but I have no instincts for it yet. I do, however want the SVT Bassrig...

As for yours, I just never got my head around MIDI. Boards like yours honestly terrify me! 
    @stickyfiddle it's not as daunting as it looks! I should do a demo to explain it. It's completely hands free. Nightmare to patch but simple to operate 

@keefy I'm sort of cheating with midi and just calling presets, no parameter changes. The tap tempo switch is wired straight into the DD-200 which removes a layer of complexity 
  • My massive board has served me well for years but as I'm getting older I can see the Kemper / Quad Cortex thing and a much more manageable rig on the distant horizon.
    Problem is the hassle of stripping down a big pedalboard into its components for sale.
    I guess I'll just toss in the garage one day and never see it again until I move house...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    roberty said:

@keefy I'm sort of cheating with midi and just calling presets, no parameter changes. The tap tempo switch is wired straight into the DD-200 which removes a layer of complexity 
    That's what I ended up doing when I had a multi-fx and a MIDI pedal - just program changes.
    Keefy said:
    roberty said:

That's what I ended up doing when I had a multi-fx and a MIDI pedal - just program changes.
    Yeah probably for the best lol. It's always gone wrong when I've tried to get fancy as well
    My massive board has served me well for years but as I'm getting older I can see the Kemper / Quad Cortex thing and a much more manageable rig on the distant horizon.
    Problem is the hassle of stripping down a big pedalboard into its components for sale.
    I guess I'll just toss in the garage one day and never see it again until I move house...

The quad cortex can take IRs of pedals somehow. So in theory it would be possible to sample your own rig. I do feel like a bit of a mug wheeling my contraption around sometimes. That double decker looks great tho
  • MongoosiestMongoosiest Frets: 1
    edited November 2022
    Hello folks, first time posting here (long time TGP'er) and figured I have a board that fits the description!  Already seen some things in the "For Sale" area I'm considering (sigh).

• MongoosiestMongoosiest Frets: 1
    edited November 2022
    Sorry folks - I did do a test image in the test forum bit and it worked, but it's not working here!  You'll just have to believe me that I've stupidly large lovely pedalboard.
    Sorry folks - I did do a test image in the test forum bit and it worked, but it's not working here!  You'll just have to believe me that I've stupidly large lovely pedalboard.
    Welcome! There's some help here on pics posting: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/54241/how-to-post-pics-etc#latest

Imgur is the best in my experience. You'll need a direct link to the image itself, not the page, so the link should end with .jpg or whatever
  • JezWynd said:
    Lovely board. How is the Deep Phase working out, had my eye on it for a while?
    Thank you! I liked the Deep Phase but recently decided to switch back to Phase 95. The Deep Phase was definitely unique in the world of MXR phasers and commendable for that. But it didn't sit quite as well in the mix as a Phase 90.

solar said:
    How’s the Space Bender? I generally hate chorus but I quite like the look of that.
    I'm in the same boat as you and love the Space Bender. Does weird chorus sounds super well. Worth noting that I had to turn the internal trim pot right down to bring it back to unity (like all DBA pedals, in my experience)
  • The latest lineup that I'm having fun with. There's a couple of substitutes on the bench sat behind me, but these are good enough until I get more power and a board!

Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NickBNickB Frets: 156
    abw1989 said:

What board are you using there please? 
    @NickB It's a Rockboard QUAD 4.1; I've also got the Rockboard MOD2 patch that slots in the back which helps a great deal with keeping cables in check.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7086
    edited November 2022

Time for another change, this time I'm keeping things sort of simple.

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter