Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Line 6 Helix - Digital & Modelling Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 3696
    edited March 2022
    abw1989 said:
    Any advice on using the wah models?

Try a few different wah settings. Here's a few different ranges to roughly match up against the various Cry Baby models
    Ooh, that's a really cool comparison! I'm a little puzzled at the range of some of those values though, is that supposed to indicate the component/circuit variation in production models, as it seems pretty variable on many of them!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JotaJota Frets: 449
    Jota said:
    I use the wah on my Stomp, not much but it gets used. 
    Can't remember what model I've been using but it sounds good to me and I always lower the volume, something I can't do with my regular wah, and that's why I prefer the Helix. 
    Lower the volume? Or the mix level? 

The level control.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Jota said:
    Jota said:
    Can't remember what model I've been using but it sounds good to me and I always lower the volume, something I can't do with my regular wah, and that's why I prefer the Helix. 

The level control.

wow... why would you make it quieter??  I will try it of course but it seems odd..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

Jota said:
    Jota said:

The level control.

wow... why would you make it quieter??  I will try it of course but it seems odd..

The added mid range pushes my amps a bit too much.
    It's probably very amp specific but, in my case, I like to take a few dB off.
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2350
    Does anyone have details of who I might be able to contact re. my Helix pedal losing its resistance. Everything works electronically, but at rehearsal the pedal is now floppy!!
  • BodBod Frets: 1206
    There's a hex bolt in the hinge of the pedal.  Just needs a tighten...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Bod said:
    Ah yes, thanks. Good news and bad news. 

Good news - you've identified the source of the problem
    Bad news - the bolt appears to have fallen out

Anyone have any idea where I can get a spare?
    edited March 2022
    Bod said:
    Ah yes, thanks. Good news and bad news. 

Good news - you've identified the source of the problem
    Bad news - the bolt appears to have fallen out

Anyone have any idea where I can get a spare?
    Ouch.  I only have the LT, so not sure if they're the same.  If nobody else can advise, open a ticket to L6 - they should be able to help. 

Edit - here's a useful post - https://line6.com/support/page/kb/effects-controllers/helix/helix-pedal-maintenance-procedure-r861/
    Thanks. I've never really had an issue with the unit so completely forgot this process. Interestingly, it shows that I registered my unit 4.5 years ago. I didn't realise its been that long, but I guess COVID/lockdown has messed with my concept of time in many other ways too!!

Hopefully Line 6 will be able to help and thanks again for your assistance
    Just so I know I'm doing the right thing......

I am on contact with the people who provide spares for the Helix, but they say they are not in a position to determine the right part that I need. Here's a photo of my Helix

Is it the bolt that's missing?
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 221
    edited March 2022
    Just so I know I'm doing the right thing......

I am on contact with the people who provide spares for the Helix, but they say they are not in a position to determine the right part that I need. Here's a photo of my Helix

Is it the bolt that's missing?
    I could be wrong, but it looks like the bolt is there. If you watch this video, then when the bolt is undone then the whole thing looks like it comes off, so I wouldn't have thought the bolt could be missing without the pedal bit not falling off entirely.

Edit - just seen that this video has already been posted above so my post is probably not particularly useful
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 885
    edited April 2022
    Helix/HX 3.15 is now available. CLICK THIS LINK AND READ THE RELEASE NOTES!

Finally updated to this earlier today with no issues. A much better experience with these last 2 updates, it’s great that all the updating is done now through Helix Edit @Digital_Igloo ;;

Really want to:
    1) play around with the Ventoux amp
    2) try & get an 80’s Steve Lukather style sound with the Dynamic Plate reverb.

Thankfully the next door neighbours are away for Easter 
  • duotone said:
    Helix/HX 3.15 is now available. CLICK THIS LINK AND READ THE RELEASE NOTES!

Finally updated to this earlier today with no issues. A much better experience with these last 2 updates, it’s great that all the updating is done now through Helix Edit @Digital_Igloo ;;

Really want to:
    1) play around with the Ventoux amp
    2) try & get an 80’s Steve Lukather style sound with the Dynamic Plate reverb.

Thankfully the next door neighbours are away for Easter 
    Unfortunately, the next update's gonna be weird (a double-update, like 2.80), as we're digging into major Helix Core overhauls again. It'll be worth it tho'.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 618
    @Digital_Igloo ;  Hijacking the thread a bit I really hope the new update beefs up command centre. I bought my Helix rack a couple if days after v3.15 came out so have no idea of the history of feature updates and I'm finding new things to love about it every day but having had a really powerful MIDI controller at the heart of my old setup, I find command centre really quite restrictive e.g. one CC per button, seemingly no way to set ext amp by expression pedal (or control it via MIDI)... yes I do have an oddball use cases but they're not exactly "world class" :)
  • normula1 said:
    @Digital_Igloo ;  Hijacking the thread a bit I really hope the new update beefs up command centre. I bought my Helix rack a couple if days after v3.15 came out so have no idea of the history of feature updates and I'm finding new things to love about it every day but having had a really powerful MIDI controller at the heart of my old setup, I find command centre really quite restrictive e.g. one CC per button, seemingly no way to set ext amp by expression pedal (or control it via MIDI)... yes I do have an oddball use cases but they're not exactly "world class" :)
    Helix doesn't currently support more than one message per stomp switch (unless you count CC Toggle two messages). You can, however, have any Snapshot or Preset recall spit out up to 6 commands (the lightning bolt instant commands).
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

• absolute long shot this.. but I was a massive fan of the wah model in the flextone II amps.. do you have any hints/tips and replicating this with any of the helix models?
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• duotoneduotone Frets: 885
    edited April 2022
    Have just downloaded these 2 Setlists (Amp + Cabs set for Low Gain & High Gain with Snapshots of gradual increasing amp gain + some effects) & have spent the last half an hour messing around with them. 

Low Gain
     Amps = https://line6.com/customtone/tone/4106487/ ;

High Gain Amps = https://line6.com/customtone/tone/4106490/ ;

Sounds good so far & well worth a free download if you have space on your Helix/Helix Native slots.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Anyone else like the Ventoux amp from the latest update? I'm not sure what amp it's modelling, but it sounds bloody superb. 
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3543
    Anyone else like the Ventoux amp from the latest update? I'm not sure what amp it's modelling, but it sounds bloody superb. 
    Yeah it’s great. It’s Orange inspired I believe.
  • guitarcookie1guitarcookie1 Frets: 446
    I’m not sure on this one, on one hand it sounds great, but there’s an annoying hum that’s  only present with this amp model. Anyone else get this?
  • Chris.BChris.B Frets: 238
    Anyone else like the Ventoux amp from the latest update? I'm not sure what amp it's modelling, but it sounds bloody superb. 
    I'm just a learner and don't have any experience of valve amps, but I really like the Ventoux. To me, it seems to be a great idea to just design an amp model that sounds great rather than worrying about making it sound like a particular amp. 

From Line 6:

The Ventoux, which is a Line 6 original amp design from the firm’s Sound Designer, Ben Adrian. The concept is "'a coveted boutique amp’ that has a different origin story” says Adrian, who has subsequently based his design “on the early 70s Orange circuits and the mid-wattage Fender Tweed circuits.”
    I’m not sure on this one, on one hand it sounds great, but there’s an annoying hum that’s  only present with this amp model. Anyone else get this?

I have some hum in some amps. Experiment with the bottom sliders for Bias, etc.
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    Maybe try turning the hum setting down in the amp block? 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    I am way out of date on updates - is there a gated reverb yet? 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Digital_Igloo said:

Unfortunately, the next update's gonna be weird (a double-update, like 2.80), as we're digging into major Helix Core overhauls again. It'll be worth it tho'.
    @Digital_Igloo ;I know you guys keep your cards close to your chest, but is the update imminent?
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1927
    after the HX stomp update for 5 buttons, and stompXL having 4 snapshots. 
    was it said somewhere that it was a possibility that stomp could have 5 snaps ? 
    did I imagine this as a theoretic improvement that might come later?
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    I had a full weekend replicating most of the sounds I want for my band on the HX stomp, and yet again I'm super impressed.

For those who havent spent much time with it, the Cosmos Echo (Roland Re: 201 Space Echo emulation) is absolutely fantastic, and allows more parameters to be changed even compared to the new Boss versions! I'm hooked on it. 
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7159
    abw1989 said:
    Any advice on using the wah models?

Try a few different wah settings. Here's a few different ranges to roughly match up against the various Cry Baby models
    Ooh, that's a really cool comparison! I'm a little puzzled at the range of some of those values though, is that supposed to indicate the component/circuit variation in production models, as it seems pretty variable on many of them!
    They are measuring different things across some of the models and of course some have different Q's etc. 
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7159
    edited June 2022
    Is it possible to set deadzone on the pedal. When using whammy its really easy to accidentally have your heel down on like 1-3% and be playing slightly detuned when you want the effect to be basically off.

On the old boss gt-10 you could actually control the curves themselves

• jackiojackio Frets: 130
    The Helix LT has the option of using the stereo returns for keyboards and it is mentioned in a video and forum chat elsewhere. I've not seen this mentioned of the HX stomp and XL. Does anyone know @Musicman20 ;