Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Show us your sub-high end watches - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Show us your sub-high end watches

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• AK99AK99 Frets: 1334
    Dominic said:
    Can we stop wasting time (pun intended) and have a full on 'Show us your Valuable Watch ' thread
    All contributors must provide home address for authentication purposes 
    Oh , and you must declare whether or not you have a Bully XL
    Ah no - that's just going to turn into one of these kind of threads:

I think watches are like guitars - much more fun to be had scouting round for interesting stuff below the radar.

I'd much rather look through threads like this than the archetypal My latest piece of aspirational wear / bling (on slightly pudgy indoor-guy wrist/with questionable shirt and invariably even more ill-judged cuff-links) .. :) 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2295
    beed84 said:
    @CavemanGrogg I know some Casios have auto time setting, even when you change time zones. I briefly had some Edifice model which did this but I can't remember which model. Maybe something like this would be suitable?

The G-Shock I'm wearing is a ''semi-smart'' watch, it is super simple to setup so that you never need to adjust the date or time on it once - in fact you only need to touch one button on it to set it up and make every adjustment you can possibly want to do to it, and that's it, as long as it's battery is charged you never need to adjust anything again.  The face on it is a lot busier than I'd like it to be, though it is nowhere near as obvious in person than in photos - for example the digital bits are next to invisible unless you use the light which I've turned off on mine.
    Ah cool. You're already sorted then. I must admit it's pretty nifty they can do that and I can see why that sort of convenience appeals. A G-Shock of some description is on the list, so one that sort the time and date out by itself  is definitely a strong contender. Thanks for jogging my memory on these watches – I completely forgotten until I saw your post describing such a thing :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2295

Sporky said:
    The Dreyfuss  is jolly handsome.
    As is the Certina. A nice little collection there @rze99 ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 1965
    Just remembered this Timex Pepsi thing I had a couple of years back.

The moonwatch was nice too. 

I don't have either now. 

• DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    AK99 said:
    Dominic said:
    Can we stop wasting time (pun intended) and have a full on 'Show us your Valuable Watch ' thread
    All contributors must provide home address for authentication purposes 
    Oh , and you must declare whether or not you have a Bully XL
    Ah no - that's just going to turn into one of these kind of threads:

I think watches are like guitars - much more fun to be had scouting round for interesting stuff below the radar.

I'd much rather look through threads like this than the archetypal My latest piece of aspirational wear / bling (on slightly pudgy indoor-guy wrist/with questionable shirt and invariably even more ill-judged cuff-links) .. :) 
    I was more interested in the theft potential and just thought better to be hung for a sheep than a lamb