Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). PRS SE DGT - Anyone received theirs yet? - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

PRS SE DGT - Anyone received theirs yet?

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 426
    Looks great, I think I'm going to go for a goldtop!
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 885
    @robinbowes ;

I think the original speed knob shape in gold would look good.  
    Saying that I didn’t mind the original ones that it came with from PRS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1499
    Finally got all the bits on the DGT SE and took a photo.
    The knobs are tabacco coloured from Aliexpress. The tuners are Guyker front lockers, also from Aliexpress.
    Tuners work fine. Smooth enough and hold tune well.
    Speaking of holding tune I've had acouple of minor problems. The third fret has a tiny bit high so was buzzing a tad on cowboy chords. A quick bit of work with assorted sanding pads sorted that mostly.
    Worse was the nut being a bit tight on the factory fitted string and on the D'Adddarios I fitted. Very cautious slot filing and smoothing with a set of those cheapo wire 'nut files' from Amazon has got it prefect. Before any trem use tended to leave strings out of tune if they binded in the slots. Worse on the wound strings but slightly present on all.
    I have a Switchcraft jack socket so I'll change that next time I take the plate off the back as the current socket seems to have a lot of play in it.
    The fingerboard seems nice and dark with some figuring but next string change I'll put some Monty's Montepresso on there.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Great upgrades, congrats! I’ve had a few sets of Guyker tuners now and they’re pretty impressive
  • There was a goldtop one on Reverb for £725 too