Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Western Jam 7th October 2023 @ Firebird Studios, Bristol - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Western Jam 7th October 2023 @ Firebird Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    @stratman3142 - I cant sing and do drums on Die Laughing and Talk Dirty - so we still need a singer stand in/drop to one run through.
    I can provide lyric sheets for Die Laughing if needed.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 493
    bobblehat said:
    I'll do rhythm on Mollys chambers
    or lead :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited August 2023
    OK. I've removed the following songs that don't have a drummer, but shout if I've got it wrong.

Dr Feelgood
    Girls Girls Girls
    Symphony Of Destruction
    Basket Case
    Hot Blooded

Here's an updated list. Do we need lead guitar for Molly's chambers or can @Jonathangus cover it, who's down for Rhythm/2nd Guitar?

https://i.imgur.com/SYOlfeS.png

Can we try and fill in the empty Rhythm/second guitar parts .Cheers
  • mrkb said:
    @stratman3142 - I cant sing and do drums on Die Laughing and Talk Dirty - so we still need a singer stand in/drop to one run through.
    I can provide lyric sheets for Die Laughing if needed.
    Oops, I'll sort that out and take you off vocals.

It's getting difficult to keep track now, so if anyone spots any other errors, let me know.

It's not a competition.
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited September 2023
    So Die Laughing now needs vocals

I've also taken out one run through of Call Me The Breeze, unless @Bertie returns and gives me a shout.

Here's an unpdate. As usual, let me know if you spot any errors.

**Image removed. See more recent post for the latest update of the song list**

It's not a competition.
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4080
    I can do vox on Die Laughing, and a run through on guitar as well.  Not at the same time, though!
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

edited August 2023
    bobblehat said:

Can we try and fill in the empty Rhythm/second guitar parts .Cheers

I've take a view that we can, at least, get through the songs without Rhythm/second guitar. Those are roles that are good to have, but not essential. Unless anyone thinks otherwise about those songs lacking 2nd guitar.

It's not a competition.
  • I can do vox on Die Laughing, and a run through on guitar as well.  Not at the same time, though!

That's great, if I put you down for vocals, do want to stay down on 2nd guitar/rhythm, or should I remove you completely on guitar?

It's not a competition.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    What time do we want the room for, 9-5? 10-6?

I can't be dealing with the stress of Factory's booking policy @Jonathangus I'm sorry. Could end up in a situation 6 weeks from now where we don't have a room to go to. There's some Fralin noiseless P90s in the classifieds at the moment :-P
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    10-6 is better for me - Ive got a 2.5 hour drive to get to bristol.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    roberty said:
    What time do we want the room for, 9-5? 10-6?

I can't be dealing with the stress of Factory's booking policy @Jonathangus I'm sorry. Could end up in a situation 6 weeks from now where we don't have a room to go to. There's some Fralin noiseless P90s in the classifieds at the moment :-P
    Lol, Or tune all your strings to 50Hz and play a stoner rock song
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    10-6 or maybe 10-5 @mrkb 's arms will be falling off by then :) 

Happy with Firebird ,at least the coffees good ! 
  • Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1565
    Hi chaps,

I was looking at the gaps in the chart and what I might be able to do - if its OK stick me down for one or other guitar parts for Jealous Again and On a Plain.

We can do extra run throughs of other stuff I as well i guess - subject to time? - I was interested to have a bash at a couple of others Like Hard to Handle

Just have to make sure theres enough room in my brain to put these in!

I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62, Vanguard.

Please drop me a message.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Hi chaps,

I was looking at the gaps in the chart and what I might be able to do - if its OK stick me down for one or other guitar parts for Jealous Again and On a Plain.

We can do extra run throughs of other stuff I as well i guess - subject to time? - I was interested to have a bash at a couple of others Like Hard to Handle

Just have to make sure theres enough room in my brain to put these in!

Previously there's been time for a few run throughs of songs. So there's the opportunity to play on stuff you're not down for. Also, some of the songs end up with more than two guitarist playing on a single run through.

The main reason for the chart is to check we've got enough roles for at least one run through of a given song.

Sometimes I put more than one run through on the chart, but I'm not sure there's a clear logic on why I do that :)

I'll put you down for the two you suggested at the next update.

It's not a competition.
  • A 10am start is better for me too please :)
  • Incidentally, what gear do we need to bring? I'm assuming amps & cabs will already be at the studio to borrow, but any guitars/basses and specific fx that we want should be brought along.

Also, if anyone needs a lift over from Yeovil area then let me know, happy to have a passenger - or two, depending on how much gear we've got! :)
    We'll be bringing a selection of amps, and those modelling thingies.

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

edited August 2023
    Yes, previously a selection of guitars, basses, effects and guitar amps, if people don't mind sharing.

I think we will need a bass amp, as currently we don't have a real bassist (sorry bass as first instrument )  I believe the studio provides one, but we might need to pay for it.

It's not a competition.
  • Np, I’ve got a little Rumble 40 combo that I can bring - it might be a little underpowered for this but we can try it unless anyone has a better option :)
    Ill be bringing drum stuff, and a wedge monitor so i can hear the vocals.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Np, I’ve got a little Rumble 40 combo that I can bring - it might be a little underpowered for this but we can try it unless anyone has a better option :)
    That looks like it's got an XLR out, so we can go into the PA, no?

Np, I’ve got a little Rumble 40 combo that I can bring - it might be a little underpowered for this but we can try it unless anyone has a better option :)
    That looks like it's got an XLR out, so we can go into the PA, no?
    The PA was feedback nightmare until we rerouted it into a graphic EQ last time (which needed some of my cables to do), so the less through it the better.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 77
    @stratman3142 please could you remove me from Hard To Handle (I need to focus on The Boys Are Back!) 
  • martmart Frets: 5165
    I think we will need a bass amp, as currently we don't have a real bassist (sorry bass as first instrument )  I believe the studio provides one, but we might need to pay for it.
    I can finally commit, so I will also bring a bass amp, as usual.

I'm not sure what songs it'd be helpful for me to play bass on, as most already have a bassist named. But if anyone wants to switch to guitar instead of bass, I'll happily step in to cover the bass.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mart said:

I'm not sure what songs it'd be helpful for me to play bass on, as most already have a bassist named. But if anyone wants to switch to guitar instead of bass, I'll happily step in to cover the bass.

Excellent news. Just say what tracks you want to play on, even if someone is already nominated, then we'll work around it, either as a replacement or as a multiple run through.

You can replace me on any of the tracks that you want to play on.

It's not a competition.
    mart said:

Excellent news!
    Can we drop Lil Devil to C# , Thanks. 

• martmart Frets: 5165

Excellent news. Just say what tracks you want to play on, even if someone is already nominated, then we'll work around it, either as a replacement or as a multiple run through.

You can replace me on any of the tracks that you want to play on.

The 7 you're down for are all ones I've played or am confident about learning in the time available, so I'll happily take on any of them that you want to drop.

And you should probably add me to Gold on the ceiling, and the last three - Feel like making love, Wishing well, and I love R&R.
    Yeah! thats good to hear - Marts grooving is a mainstay of the jams! 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Brocco said:
    @stratman3142 please could you remove me from Hard To Handle (I need to focus on The Boys Are Back!) 
    I can slot in on HtH.