Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Western Jam 7th October 2023 @ Firebird Studios, Bristol - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Western Jam 7th October 2023 @ Firebird Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• 2 weeks to go!!! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited September 2023
    Here's an updated song list.

We just need vocals to have enough roles for Teenage Kicks and On A Plain, assuming @Bennyboy-UK doesn't need a 2nd guitar for support on the latter.

I've added That's Entertainment and Maybe Tomorrow (live acoustic), which were suggested as possible songs without a drummer. Any volunteers for those two?

**Image removed. See more recent post for the latest update of the song list**

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    We just need vocals to have enough roles for Teenage Kicks and On A Plain, assuming @Bennyboy-UK doesn't need a 2nd guitar for support on the latter.

I can do those. Better get learning lol
    edited September 2023
    roberty said:

Great, I'll add those at the next update.

Should I remove the following from the list, as they've been on a while and don't have many takers?

Here Comes You Man
    Mardy Bum
    Jealous Again
    American Girl

It's not a competition.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    roberty said:

Great, I'll add those at the next update.

Should I remove the following from the list, as they've been on a while and don't have many takers?

Here Comes You Man
    Mardy Bum
    Jealous Again
    American Girl

Yes please- I haven’t bothered relearning those 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Do we need another roll call to confirm who's coming, so we know the number of participants?

I'll be there, and am very much looking forward to it!
    edited September 2023
    Here's the latest update.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Ace, looking forward to it  =) Been lurking a bit recently due to a lot of family commitments, but I shall be prepared!
  • Really looking forward to this. Like Roberty, I better get learning. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • We now have 28 songs in the list.

@mrkb ; and @roberty, as you are both heavily commited to roles, are there any you'd prefer to drop to make your life easier? We want it to be fun and not a marathon for some.

It's not a competition.
    I’m pretty good with those, some are a big rougher than others, but will be good enough on the day to not put anyone off ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Do we need another roll call to confirm who's coming, so we know the number of participants?

I'll be there 
    edited October 2023
    Here's a song list with the coloured fill removed. That's to save on my printer ink, when I create copies to bring to the jam.

The grey fill shows where there are empty roles now.

Watch out for the following song keys, which I believe are at the request of @bobblehat who's doing vocals on them.

Talk Dirty To Me: the guitars are tuned down a semitone on the original, so you'll need to tune down if you want to play it as if it's in G

Fortunate Son: It's in A, which is a tone higher than the original

Lil Devil: It's down a semitone  That makes it in the key of C#. So you'll need to tune down if you want to play it as if it's in D

I'll be bringing a guitar tuned down a semitone, if anyone want to borrow it. 

It's not a competition.
  • Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1565
    edited September 2023
    Great stuff guys - I'll also need to do some learning I'm quite excited and very nervous too! I don't often play out with anyone in the real world!

Is the group chat sorted for payment as yet @roberty ;- I'm not sure if I'm looking in the wrong place!

I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62, Vanguard.

Please drop me a message.
    Haven't done it yet @Bennyboy-UK ;

Have I missed anyone?
    1. Jonathangus
    2. bobblehat
    3. roberty
    4. mrkb
    5. mart
    6. Neilybob
    7. guitargeek62
    8. Vibetronic
    9. Bennyboy-UK
    10. Brocco
  • roberty said:

Have I missed anyone?
    1. Jonathangus
    2. bobblehat
    3. roberty
    4. mrkb
    5. mart
    6. Neilybob
    7. guitargeek62
    8. Vibetronic
    9. Bennyboy-UK
    10. Brocco

I think that's all the names listed in the song list roles, apart from me :)

It's not a competition.
  • I shall be there!  Andy may also pop along in a non-drumming, taking pics and filming, and generally being sociable role, too.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

roberty said:

Have I missed anyone?

I think that's all the names listed in the song list roles, apart from me :)

Lol I'm sure I wrote you down. I will send a group message out in a bit
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited September 2023
    Any takers for roles on the following, otherwise I'll knock them off the list on Monday morning (2nd October)?

29: That's Entertainment
    30 : Maybe Tomorrow

It's not a competition.
    I can pretty much play and sing that's entertainment. Might as well throw it on the pile 
    edited September 2023
    roberty said:
    I can pretty much play and sing that's entertainment. Might as well throw it on the pile 
    Agreed, I’ll take any rest time I can get
    Does anyone know "More than Words"
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

I shall be there!  Andy may also pop along in a non-drumming, taking pics and filming, and generally being sociable role, too.
    Would be good to see him. And if he fancies doing a song on the day I’m happy to pass over the drum stool.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    edited September 2023
    roberty said:
    I assume @mart is OK with bass on that one, as he suggested it. If so, that means we've got enough roles to play it as a non-drumming song.

It's not a competition.
  • Any takers for roles on the following, otherwise I'll knock them off the list on Monday morning (2nd October)?

29: That's Entertainment
    30 : Maybe Tomorrow

The Maybe Tomorrow chord sequence is  Eb, Cm, Gm and F (repeats over and over). The track could be done singer songwriter style if  if someone is up for that, or if we have a volunteer for vox I can provide guitar (but in a way would prefer not to as I am already down for quite a few tracks).

• Nobody's down for 2nd guitar on La Grange, so I'm happy to do it while @roberty is soloing, unless anyone else wants to do it.

It's not a competition.
    Nobody's down for 2nd guitar on La Grange, so I'm happy to do it while @roberty is soloing, unless anyone else wants to do it.
    You might need to give me the nod when the solo ends, I keep losing count as it’s so long!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    Nobody's down for 2nd guitar on La Grange, so I'm happy to do it while @roberty is soloing, unless anyone else wants to do it.
    You might need to give me the nod when the solo ends, I keep losing count as it’s so long!
    Happy to wing it here lol

An extra guitar player will make my singing life a bit easier @stratman3142 ;
    Do we need a bass amp?
  • martmart Frets: 5165
    roberty said:
    I assume @mart is OK with bass on that one, as he suggested it. If so, that means we've got enough roles to play it as a non-drumming song.

I can play That's Entertainment, either on bass or guitar - two guitars might work best?
    roberty said:
    Do we need a bass amp?
    I'll be bringing my tiny bass amp along, so it depends if everyone is happy to use that or if anyone wants a bigger/different sound.
  • mart said:
    roberty said:

I can play That's Entertainment, either on bass or guitar - two guitars might work best?
    I'll merge the cells for bass, guitar and 2nd guitar together for 'That's Entertainment', then you can choose what you want to do on the day.

It's not a competition.