Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). UPDATED UPDATE: MARTIN LUXE BRIDGE. PINS GIVEAWAY No2 - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

UPDATED UPDATE: MARTIN LUXE BRIDGE. PINS GIVEAWAY No2

What's Hot

Comments

• MellishMellish Frets: 945
    edited May 2023
    New draw date: 29th May

Your entry must be in by 28th.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited May 2023
    Found a set of unopened and sealed Newtone Matrrclass 12-54 in a drawer so I'll throw those in, too.

The winner gets:

Martin Liquid Metal Luxe bridge pins in presentation tin
    A set of D'Addario EJ16 
    A set of Newtone Masterclass 12-54 PB. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4353
    What a guy!! : )
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    @thomasross20 the years have made me as daft as a brush ;)

=) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Brass pins will often make an acoustic sound bright and brittle.
    These Liquid Metal zirconium alloy bridge pins don't do that. You still get good bass - and, because they don't wear like plastic, wood, tusq, FMI, bone, etc, you won't need to replace them. 

CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRY: 28th MAY
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Only 1 day left to enter.

DON'T MISS OUT!!!

:) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ditchboyditchboy Frets: 186
    These will look so sweet in my OM28 Mr Mellish.  =)
    ^ indeed they will - if it's your name that comes out...

:D
    The big day is coming : D
    What I'd suggest is what was suggested by @Choivert.

If whoever wins 'em like 'em and wants to keep what they've won, fine.
    But if they don't like what the bridge pins do, maybe consider offering them as I've done?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • skippy76skippy76 Frets: 584
    Sounds like a great idea mate
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bluecatbluecat Frets: 429
    OK Mellish,put me in for what it's worth,I do not need the pins,  but I would like to try some different strings,I think the luxe pins are wonderful on my guitar and they won't be coming out any time soon.
    If I won ( which I find very unlikely) the pins would go straight back up for someone else to win.
    I do think they are brilliant, but maybe just on my guitar,for me.
    Good man Mellish.
    @bluecat is in

LAST DAY TO ENTER THE DRAW.

TOMORROW A WINNER IS PICKED. 

• JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 417
    @Mellish if no too late, me too please  
    @JCA2550 goes in.

ENTRIES MUST BE IN BY 8PM TODAY. 

JUST OVER 2 HOURS LEFT TO GET YOUR ENTRY IN!!!

I SHALL PICK A WINNER AT 20:15 TONIGHT, THEN PM THE WINNER TO SEND THEIR NAME & ADDRESS.
    THEIR PRIZE WILL BE POSTED TUESDAY 30TH MAY. 
    DRAW ENTRY CLOSED
  • camfcamf Frets: 1175
    Exciting!
  • camfcamf Frets: 1175
    I don’t usually do this fort of thing so it’s a bit like the National Lottery for me.
    AND THE WINNER IS.....

STEVEF
    Ah ha ha brilliant, well done and looking forward to the review!! Nice one @Mellish ;
    You never know guys, STEVEF and BLUECAT may put them up again.

Don't give up hope!

THE WINNER HAS NOT RESPONDED. 

HE HAS 4 DAYS, AFTER WHICH I WILL CONTACT THE RUNNER-UP IF STILL NO RESPONSE. 

• SteveFSteveF Frets: 505
    Eep! 
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 505
    Sorry, I was away in Edinburgh as my Mrs was running the marathon today. This is aweslme
    news :) 
    ^ nothing to apologise for.

Enjoy your prize!

edited May 2023
    THERE'S ANOTHER DRAW THIS WINTER, PROBABLY NOVEMBER. 

THIS WILL BE THE BIG ONE. 

MORE ABOUT IT LATER. BUT IN THE MEANTIME, ANYONE GUESS WHAT THE PRIZE WILL BE?

• ditchboyditchboy Frets: 186
    That OM28 you aren’t keen on?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter