Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). UPDATED UPDATE: MARTIN LUXE BRIDGE. PINS GIVEAWAY No2 - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

UPDATED UPDATE: MARTIN LUXE BRIDGE. PINS GIVEAWAY No2

What's Hot

Comments

• MellishMellish Frets: 945
    ^ :+1:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JezzaSnrJezzaSnr Frets: 23
    If you wouldn’t mind please. 
    Could be just the thing to get my arse out of neutral and finish up the restoration of an old Epi DR-100 that was the kids father’s before he passed away. 
    #canyouheartheheartstrings
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    @JezzaSnr in

:) 
    I'll add @Caffeine_Vampire who Wax in the previous draw but doesn't seem to have made it here.
    He can opt out if he wishes. 

• skippy76skippy76 Frets: 584
    *casually raises hand :)

cheers dude
    @skippy76 goes in

• ditchboyditchboy Frets: 186
    Can I be included please Mr Mellish?
    ^ certainly

I *should* get the Luxe bridge pins within the next.couple of days.

I'll pop them in my Martin OM-28 Re-imagined and tell you what they do compared to bone. It's just what i hear on my guitar so YMMV.

• HeartwoodHeartwood Frets: 15
    Oohh can you add me too? 
    ^ surely ☺️
    The Martin Luxe.bridge pins have arrived.

I'll pop them.in my OM28 later and do a review.

Stay tuned

edited May 2023
    So, on this OM-28 (EIR b/s, Sitka spruce top).
    Bone bridge pins: zingy, plenty of of bass, sparkling highs, good volume.
    Martin Luxe: you'd expect them to add brightness. They dont; in fact, they TAME any brightness. You get a mellow tone but still good. If that's not what you want, you're unlikely to be happy with these.
    True, my guitar, its woods and my ears, so you'll have to see if you agree if you win them. 
    Strings used btw were D'Addario EJ16. 

edited May 2023
    You get more sustain with Luxe, but. I didn't find a 3db volume increase claimed by Martin. 
    But they are good.and look very smart. They're back in their tin, awaiting their new home. 
    I hope whoever wins them will like them. That may be you, so don't just watch, put your name in. 

New draw date. Date brought forward due to other stuff.

Good luck to all in the draw. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I'll also throw in a set of D'Addario EJ16.

Get your name in, it could be you! 
  • maraudermarauder Frets: 130
    Get my name in please!
    @marauder goes in

• ianwyattianwyatt Frets: 2
    Count me in  =)
    @ianwyatt is in

• BasherBasher Frets: 1071
    Please could I be included?
    edited May 2023
    ^ of course

@Basher goes in

Just to clarify:

These are NOT new. They were used for a single gig by a friend and once by me. BUT, since the material doesn't wear, that way they are AS GOOD AS NEW! 
    They come in their Martin polished alloy tin.

As before, reason for offering these is to give something back to tFB, which has given me a good place to hang out, to talk to others, share knowledge and make friends.

Ideally, I'd love to subscribe, but I only have a Debit card and the system here isn't set up for that, so I came up with this. Not ideal cos it doesn't benefit tFB as such but...well, it's the best way I can show my thanks.

So that's my reason for the draw :) 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4353
    What's this... free bridge pins? Err yeah I'm in lol
    @thomasross20 enteres 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Whoever wins these is likely to notice a difference in tone.

@thomasross20 ; not just "free" bridge pins but £150 Liquid Metal Luxe ;)

Good luck, young man. Same to all in and you - yes YOU - thinking of entering. Go for it! :) 
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4353
    edited May 2023
    Oooh definitely worth a shot, this is great thank you! 8) Well done to whoever gets this but will need to do a YouTube comparison video!
  • Norlin4lifeNorlin4life Frets: 213
    Count me in my dude
    @Norlin4life goes in