Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Western Jam 11th February 2023, Firebird Studios, Bristol - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Western Jam 11th February 2023, Firebird Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    @Vibetronic the rhythm parts are harmonised on symphony. Do you want to take the lows or the highs? I've learnt both but will practice one or the other with vocals
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • roberty said:
    @Vibetronic the rhythm parts are harmonised on symphony. Do you want to take the lows or the highs? I've learnt both but will practice one or the other with vocals
    I think the lows if that's ok mate, pretty sure those are the ones I know (been ages since a band practice, I'll have to revisit the song a bit). Need to catch up on all of this!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    roberty said:
    I think the lows if that's ok mate, pretty sure those are the ones I know (been ages since a band practice, I'll have to revisit the song a bit). Need to catch up on all of this!!
    Cool okay. The highs are labelled 'mustaine' on my tab program so I'll do those. It's on the Songsterr app which is free but you have to pay if you want to slow it down

I got a perpetual license for it for 10p in 2017 and then forgot about it. It's an amazing learning tool

• roberty said:
    roberty said:
    Cool okay. The highs are labelled 'mustaine' on my tab program so I'll do those. It's on the Songsterr app which is free but you have to pay if you want to slow it down

I got a perpetual license for it for 10p in 2017 and then forgot about it. It's an amazing learning tool

cheers, I've got a few transcriptions too. Total Guitar is the only one that has the harmonies! I might or might not try and learn the actual solo if I have time. I normally just make something up that's similar.
  • And I’m now way too distracted by the Blackmachine in the classifieds….!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited December 2022
    Brocco said:
    @stratman3142 please could we remove So Into You and replace it with New Day Yesterday (Bonamassa version)

OK replaced at number 8 in the songlist below. I've put the key as E, which is the key it's played in at Live at the Rockplast, but most other places he plays it in Eb. Let me know if you disagree with E. Am I correct in putting you down as '2nd Guitar/Rhythm?

**Image removed. See more recent post for the latest update of the song list**

It's not a competition.
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 77
    Brocco said:
    @stratman3142 please could we remove So Into You and replace it with New Day Yesterday (Bonamassa version)

OK replaced at number 8 in the songlist below. I've put the key as E, which is the key it's played in at Live at the Rockplast, but most other places he plays it in Eb. Let me know if you disagree with E. Am I correct in putting you down as '2nd Guitar/Rhythm?

https://i.imgur.com/J22PAT9.png

Many thanks. I've learnt the main riff in E. My fingers are not fast or fluent enough for lead!
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 505
    I'll sing fight for your right :-)
    roberty said:
    Thank you.  
  • martmart Frets: 5165
    I've listened to a few more of the songs I didn't know, so I could also play bass on: Be yourself, Survival car, and Rock'n'roll ain't noise pollution.
    edited December 2022
    roberty said:
    mart said:
    I've listened to a few more of the songs I didn't know, so I could also play bass on: Be yourself, Survival car, and Rock'n'roll ain't noise pollution.

That means there's now a full lineup for "Be Yourself".

Also, we just need:
    • A bass player for "Fight For Your Right"
    • A singer for "Rock N Roll Ain't No Noise Pollution" 
    • A drummer for "Survival Car"

Updated song list below:

It's not a competition.
  • Do you think it’s time to ditch a few of the sparsely populated ones - like the Poison and Crue songs?

We can suggest some others though can’t we. 

Those ones above are cluttering up the sheet! :)

I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62, Vanguard.

Please drop me a message.
    @stratman3142 I'll take bass on fight for your right and vocals on noise pollution 
    I’m happy to drop Paradise City and Runnin’ Down a Dream so I can pickup some other songs.  

I’ll check out the bass part for Fighting For your Right tonight as advise if I think can do that one. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    I can do a basic "Survival Car" drum track.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Neilybob said:
    I’m happy to drop Paradise City and Runnin’ Down a Dream so I can pickup some other songs.  

I’ll check out the bass part for Fighting For your Right tonight as advise if I think can do that one. 

I've just noticed that I put you down for 2ndGtr/Rhythm for Paradise City and Runnin’ Down a Dream. Is that correct or did you want to do lead? If the latter is true then we just need a singer for those two, assuming we can get away with one guitar.

It's not a competition.
    edited December 2022
    Do you think it’s time to ditch a few of the sparsely populated ones - like the Poison and Crue songs?

Those ones above are cluttering up the sheet!

Should, we make it a last call for those and give it to the end of the weekend to see if there are any takers?

It's not a competition.
    edited December 2022
    roberty said:
    @stratman3142 I'll take bass on fight for your right and vocals on noise pollution 
    mrkb said:
    I can do a basic "Survival Car" drum track.

So that gives enough roles for those songs. Updated list below.

It's not a competition.
    Do you think it’s time to ditch a few of the sparsely populated ones - like the Poison and Crue songs?

Should, we make it a last call for those and give it to the end of the weekend to see if there are any takers?

Yes I think so 
  • Do you think it’s time to ditch a few of the sparsely populated ones - like the Poison and Crue songs?

you lot seriously need to get into your 80s metal/hair metal!  =) I'll take a look at the list again on Monday, not had much free time the last few weeks. 

you lot seriously need to get into your 80s metal/hair metal!  =) I'll take a look at the list again on Monday, not had much free time the last few weeks. 
    I can jump in on those. Bass/guitar/vocals as required
  • roberty said:

I can jump in on those. Bass/guitar/vocals as required

Are you OK for vocals and bass on Dr Feelgood and Girls Girls Girls? If not, and we're really stuck, I suppose I could do bass on those two. But it would be better to get a proper bass player.

Are those two being played in the original key of D with the guitar and bass tuned down a tone? As I'm not really a bass player, I'm only comfortable playing 4 string bass in standard tuning live. So if I play bass on those two, the low D notes will be an octave higher.

Nothing But A Good Time still has a few missing roles, so that one is at threat.

It's not a competition.
    Okay sign me up @stratman3142 and if anyone else wants to do bass or vox on them I'll cede
    edited December 2022
    roberty said:
    Okay sign me up @stratman3142 and if anyone else wants to do bass or vox on them I'll cede
    I can cover the bass if you want to focus on vocals, until we get a better offer for bass player.

What about Nothing But A Good Time. Are you OK for vocals and bass on that? But it seems like you might be taking on a heavy load.

I could cover bass on Nothing But A Good Time, which is pretty straightforward.

It's not a competition.
  • you lot seriously need to get into your 80s metal/hair metal!
    And your early 90s Britrock.  Therapy? anyone?
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

roberty said:
    I can cover the bass if you want to focus on vocals, until we get a better offer for bass player.

What about Nothing But A Good Time. Are you OK for vocals and bass on that? But it seems like you might be taking on a heavy load.

I'll have a listen. I haven't heard a lot of these songs
  • roberty said:
    roberty said:

I'll have a listen. I haven't heard a lot of these songs

Nothing But A Good Time is one of the Poison songs, so I was just double checking whether you meant that one as well. Don't worry if not.

It's not a competition.
  • you lot seriously need to get into your 80s metal/hair metal!
    And your early 90s Britrock.  Therapy? anyone?
    Yep I’m well up for that but can’t remember if my name was down for it. Will check everything on Monday. Last few weeks have been a bit mad with various illnesses and a trip to A&E thrown in for good measure (sounds a lot more dramatic than it was, but my free time has been almost non-existent).
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 77
    Happy to drop A New Day Yestetday