Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Western Jam 11th February 2023, Firebird Studios, Bristol - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Western Jam 11th February 2023, Firebird Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• and rhythm on Therapy? (I also know Screamager and Nowhere if you guys don't have to learn too much more to do those!)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • @Vibetronic are you OK to do lead guitar on Talk Dirty, which I believe you did at the last jam? That would give us another song with a full line up.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    @Vibetronic are you OK to do lead guitar on Talk Dirty, which I believe you did at the last jam? That would give us another song with a full line up.

If not I can do lead as well on that track.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Fight for your Right - Beastie Boys could be a laugh!
    I love the Beastie Boys I could have a crack at that. 

Also could play another guitar on the Darkness track - would be good to dust that off from the mists of time :)

I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62, Vanguard.

Please drop me a message.
  • @Jonathangus are you OK for vocals on 'Under The Bridge' again? That would give us another song with a full lineup.

@roberty I assume we can do it without a second guitar, as there isn't one on the original.

It's not a competition.
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited November 2022
    @mart are you able to fill any of the bass roles?

Gimme Shelter and Roadhouse Blues are pretty straightforward on bass. If we can fill the bass roles on those two, it would give us two more songs, because I could do lead guitar on Roadhouse blues unless anyone else wants to do it.

It's not a competition.
  • @Jonathangus are you OK for vocals on 'Under The Bridge' again? That would give us another song with a full lineup.

Aye, go for it.

I'll tentatively volunteer for Let's Dance (need to try it all the way through).  Can't be any more tuneless than Bowie...  ;)

<runs>
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

edited November 2022
    @bertie how confident are you in doing the vocals on 'Just What I Needed'? If not can anyone else do it, as we just need to fill that role.

It's not a competition.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    @Jonathangus are you OK for vocals on 'Under The Bridge' again? That would give us another song with a full lineup.

@roberty I assume we can do it without a second guitar, as there isn't one on the original.

Yep one guitar is fine
  • @Vibetronic are you OK to do lead guitar on Talk Dirty, which I believe you did at the last jam? That would give us another song with a full line up.

Yep fine but also happy with rhythm if @mrkb  would like to do lead :)
  • martmart Frets: 5165

Gimme Shelter and Roadhouse Blues are pretty straightforward on bass. If we can fill the bass roles on those two, it would give us two more songs, because I could do lead guitar on Roadhouse blues unless anyone else wants to do it.

I can certainly manage the bass on Paradise city, Running down a dream, Gimme shelter, Roadhouse blues, I fought the law, On a plain, and I believe in a thing called love. I'll have a listen to some of the others - most of which I've never heard - and see if I can handle any of them.
    Have checked out "On a Plane" and can drum that if needed.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 505
    edited November 2022
    mart said:

I can certainly manage the bass on Paradise city, Running down a dream, Gimme shelter, Roadhouse blues, I fought the law, On a plain, and I believe in a thing called love. I'll have a listen to some of the others - most of which I've never heard - and see if I can handle any of them.
    I’m happy to do a couple of easier songs on bass.  
    roberty said:
    I'll make and share a Spotify playlist for this because I haven't heard most of these before. And then once I've heard them it will be easier to pick and choose
    Did you make the playlist?
    edited November 2022
    @mart has filled a few bass roles, which is great and added a few more songs with a lineup that will allow us to play them.

Here's another update. Let me know if you spot anything I've missed.

@roberty you nominated 'Symphony of Destruction'. Are you OK to do vocals as well as rhythm guitar or do we need another singer?  Also, are you OK for guitar as well as vocals on 'On A Plain'

**Image removed. See more recent post for the latest update of the song list**

It's not a competition.
    @stratman3142 yes sign me up for those :-)
    edited November 2022
    roberty said:
    @stratman3142 yes sign me up for those :-)

and another update.

We just need a bass player to complete a lineup for 'April Skies' and 'Symphony Of Destruction'. Are there any takers?

It's not a competition.
    I'll take bass on April Skies
    edited November 2022
    roberty said:
    I'll take bass on April Skies
    Song list updated.

It's not a competition.
  • @mrkb and @bobblehat now that we have a full line-up, can I double check the key of 'April Skies'.  The original has the guitars tuned to Eb standard. Is that the key you want or can you sing it a semitone higher in E?

It's not a competition.
    Superb! I love it when a plan comes together 
    Neilybob said:
    Superb! I love it when a plan comes together 

@mrkb and @bobblehat now that we have a full line-up, can I double check the key of 'April Skies'.  The original has the guitars tuned to Eb standard. Is that the key you want or can you sing it a semitone higher in E?

I havent tried singing it yet - suspect I can handle E std - Jim Read doesnt have a high range so the downtuning is probably to pitch at lower notes rather than not reach the higher ones.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Nothing too challenging there

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkb said:
    @mrkb and @bobblehat now that we have a full line-up, can I double check the key of 'April Skies'.  The original has the guitars tuned to Eb standard. Is that the key you want or can you sing it a semitone higher in E?

I havent tried singing it yet - suspect I can handle E std - Jim Read doesnt have a high range so the downtuning is probably to pitch at lower notes rather than not reach the higher ones.
     =)

I was going to say stick with Eb as I think it sounds better.  
  • bobblehat said:
    mrkb said:

=)

I was going to say stick with Eb as I think it sounds better.  

OK, I'll assume we stick with the original key of Eb. So those playing on it may wish to tune to Eb standard, unless they want to play it in Eb on an E standard tuned guitar or bass.

It's not a competition.
  • We just need one more role for the following songs:

Bass for 'Symphony of Destruction'

Vocals for 'Just What I Needed'

Vocals for 'I Believe In A Thing Called Love'. That will need a brave person. Is anyone actually going to be able to sing that :)

@bobblehat : Can you do 'Be Yourself. and 'Gold on The Ceiling' without a second guitar. If so, we just need a bass player for those two and I'll but 2nd guitar down as 'good to have' but 'not essential'.

It's not a competition.
    @stratman3142 I'll take those vocals

I went ten pin bowling with Dan Hawkins once and used to party at Ed's house in Camden. I had no idea who he was at first ("why is there a gold record in the toilet?")
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited November 2022
    roberty said:
    @stratman3142 I'll take those vocals

Great that gives us 'Just What I Needed' and 'I Believe In A Thing Called Love' with a full line-up.

@bertie you expressed a possible interest in doing 'Just What I Needed'. We can do another run through if you want to do it on the day.  That applies to all the songs with a full line-up. We can do multiple run-throughs if others want a role in them.

Updated song list below:

It's not a competition.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    edited November 2022
    sorry - had a few "paw" related issues taking my focus  -   havent run through it with Mrs Bert - but still pencil me on for JWIN  maybe me and Brocco take one each ?    

no way I can be justin hawkins tho 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.