Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Western Jam 11th February 2023, Firebird Studios, Bristol - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Western Jam 11th February 2023, Firebird Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• bertie said:
    sorry - had a few "paw" related issues taking my focus  -   havent run through it with Mrs Bert - but still pencil me on for JWIN  maybe me and Brocco take one each ?    

So do you want to possibly have a go at Vocals and rhythm or lead guitar as well? Let me know when you're sure, but you can just decide on the day, now that we've got enough roles for the song to stay on the list.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 493
    edited November 2022
    We just need one more role for the following songs:

Vocals for 'Just What I Needed'

@bobblehat : Can you do 'Be Yourself. and 'Gold on The Ceiling' without a second guitar. If so, we just need a bass player for those two and I'll but 2nd guitar down as 'good to have' but 'not essential'.

I'll have a bash at vocals on "Just what I needed"   
    Can do without a second guitar on "Gold on the ceiling"  and "Spread your Love" They are both pretty much just 3 chords so I'm sure someone will jump in. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited November 2022
    bobblehat said:
    We just need one more role for the following songs:

Vocals for 'Just What I Needed'

@bobblehat : Can you do 'Be Yourself. and 'Gold on The Ceiling' without a second guitar. If so, we just need a bass player for those two and I'll but 2nd guitar down as 'good to have' but 'not essential'.

I'll have a bash at vocals on "Just what I needed"   
    Can do without a second guitar on "Gold on the ceiling"  and "Spread your Love" They are both pretty much just 3 chords so I'm sure someone will jump in. 

@roberty has offered to do vocals on 'Just What I Needed' so, if you were offering just to help out, it's not essential now. I've put you down with a ? mark for the second run through. Let me know if you really want to do it.

'Gold On The Ceiling' and 'Spread Your Love' just need a bass player to complete the line-up.

I've had a quick listen to 'Spread Your Love' and 'Gold On The Ceiling'. I could possibly cover those on bass but, as I'm already doing a few on bass, I'll give someone else first shout. How about @Neilybob if you want to play bass on something? Otherwise @mart or @roberty but they're quite busy already.

I think 'Spread Your Love' is in drop D on guitar, but think the bass is still E standard tuning. It's certainly playable in E standard on bass.

Here's another update to the song list

**Image removed. See more recent post for the latest update of the song list**

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 505
    @stratman3142 will have a listen today and let you know asap regarding bass parts.  
    @stratman3142 put me down for playing bass on 'Gold On The Ceiling' and 'Spread Your Love'.  

edited November 2022
    Neilybob said:
    @stratman3142 put me down for playing bass on 'Gold On The Ceiling' and 'Spread Your Love'.  

That gives two more songs with enough roles to play them.

Updated song liast below.

It's not a competition.
  • martmart Frets: 5165
    I can take the bass on Symphony of destruction. 
    @neilybob do you fancy taking over the bass on any of the songs I originally signed up for? I probably played too much last time, and don't want to stop anybody else who wants some bass fun.
    edited November 2022
    mart said:
    I can take the bass on Symphony of destruction. 
    @neilybob do you fancy taking over the bass on any of the songs I originally signed up for? I probably played too much last time, and don't want to stop anybody else who wants some bass fun.
    Great. That adds another one with enough roles to play it.

Updated list below:

It's not a competition.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Feel free to pop me down on rhythm guitar for any of those yeller'uns @stratman3142 ;
    edited November 2022
    roberty said:
    Feel free to pop me down on rhythm guitar for any of those yeller'uns @stratman3142 ;;;

OK. On 'Let's Dance' I was going to play the Nile's rhythm part followed by some SRV (type) lead at the end. But It would be good to have some rhythm under the lead at the end.

I guess we could also double the Nile's rhythm and have fun debating the exact voicings he uses  

It's not a competition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited November 2022
    Update song list below.

It's not a competition.
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 77
    Brocco said:
    Wondering if we should consider removing suggested songs that do not have both a drummer and vocalist by a given date?
    Quite a few drummer roles have now been filled by @onlyonebradders , so should we give it a little longer before dropping any?

Agree - maybe consider removing suggestions that do not have a full band at the end of the month
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    @mart feel free to delegate some bass to me if youb want to slim down on homework 
  • We have vocals for 'Be Youself' (Audioslave) and 'Survival Car' (Fountains of Wayne). Are there any takers for the missing roles?

It's not a competition.
    We have vocals for 'Be Youself' (Audioslave) and 'Survival Car' (Fountains of Wayne). Are there any takers for the missing roles?

Time to crack out the auto-wah pedal!

I'll take the lead on Be Yourself. 
    We have vocals for 'Be Youself' (Audioslave) and 'Survival Car' (Fountains of Wayne). Are there any takers for the missing roles?

Yeah I'll give em a listen
    edited November 2022
    Neilybob said:

Time to crack out the auto-wah pedal!

I'll take the lead on Be Yourself. 

Song list updated. We just need a bass player for 'Be Youself' now.

It's not a competition.
  • Why u no like my songs?   :'(
    I have the best songs.  Bigly.

(Someone must be able to manage a bit of root-and-fifth on Therapy?, surely?)
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

edited November 2022
    Why u no like my songs?  
    I have the best songs.  Bigly.

(Someone must be able to manage a bit of root-and-fifth on Therapy?, surely?)

Is anyone up for doing vocals on any of the following? If we can get a singer, I'm sure we could rustle up a bass player..

Celebrity Hit List (Terrorvision)
    Die laughing (Therapy)
    Fallen (Volbeat)

It's not a competition.
    I'll have a look @Jonathangus. I need to do a stock take this week. I haven't heard most of the stuff I'm down for
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    @crazed_fandango did some great vocals at the last one and isnt down for anything yet - Is he available to this one?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    @crazed_fandango did some great vocals at the last one and isnt down for anything yet - Is he available to this one?
    @Crazed_Fandango are you out there?! 
    Neilybob said:
    mrkb said:
    @Crazed_Fandango are you out there?! 
    Good call yeah
  • Ah, sorry, my time online is often very limited.  I did check this a few days back and looked like the songs had been selected and most of the guitar slots filled.   
    Don't let your mind post toastee - like a lot of my friends did!
    edited November 2022
    Ah, sorry, my time online is often very limited.  I did check this a few days back and looked like the songs had been selected and most of the guitar slots filled.   
    Still open for suggestions from attendees for 3 songs each. It's especially good to get suggestions from singers, as that's usually the hardest slot to fill.

There are quite a few vocal slots still open for some that are already in the list. Plus we can do multiple run throughs with a different line up, if you want to sing or play guitar on a track that already has a full line-up.

It's not a competition.
    bertie said:
    sorry - had a few "paw" related issues taking my focus  -   havent run through it with Mrs Bert - but still pencil me on for JWIN  maybe me and Brocco take one each ?    

no way I can be justin hawkins tho 
    @stratman3142 ;please could you add@bertie to one of the run throughs of JWIN
  • Brocco said:
    bertie said:

no way I can be justin hawkins tho 
    @stratman3142 ;please could you add@bertie to one of the run throughs of JWIN
    @bertie do you want to be down for vocals, lead or rhythm guitar (or a combination of those roles)? 
    It's not a competition.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Can you update title or first post with the agreed date? It might drum up other attendees, and I need to stick it on the calendar before I forget and book something else.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    Can you update title or first post with the agreed date? It might drum up other attendees, and I need to stick it on the calendar before I forget and book something else.
    Great idea. 

Doing so now. 
    @stratman3142 please could we remove So Into You and replace it with New Day Yesterday (Bonamassa version)