Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Western Jam 11th February 2023, Firebird Studios, Bristol - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Western Jam 11th February 2023, Firebird Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited January 2023
    Vibetronic said:
    Yep fine to ditch that choice of mine. I won’t have a lot of time to learn the others I’m doing I don’t know so well, and it’s one less for our recovering drummer!

Here's an updated song list.

Tush still needs a singer and a drummer, but apart from that we have enough roles to do the others. Anyone can still put their name down for a song with a full line-up (in advance or on the day) because we can do multiple run-throughs.

**Image removed. See more recent post for the latest update of the song list**

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • @robertyIs Firebird confirmed?  If so, might want to update the the thread title, @Neilybob .
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    @robertyIs Firebird confirmed?  If so, might want to update the the thread title, @Neilybob .
    Good point. It was verbally confirmed over the phone but I haven't received the invoice yet. I will chase
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 505
    @robertyIs Firebird confirmed?  If so, might want to update the the thread title, @Neilybob .
    Great shout.

Will do once confirmed. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Firebird is confirmed. I'll do the numbers in a bit
    roberty said:
    Firebird is confirmed. I'll do the numbers in a bit
    Thanks Rob

Title updated and webpage link added to the first post on page 1. 
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 77
    question for @roberty
    Will there be space at Firebird for all the kit we brought last time or will we need to limit the amount of gear we bring?
    Brocco said:
    question for @roberty
    Will there be space at Firebird for all the kit we brought last time or will we need to limit the amount of gear we bring?
    The room is massive so we can fit an awful lot in there. We might need some chairs tho. There's no sofas
    I’m absolutely GUTTED but I must pull out of this jam! 

Last week I blacked out and was rush to hospital.  I had heart palpitations which has caused my black out and I’ve been put on bed rest for a while.  Also my driving licence has  been suspended pending further review. 

I will update any details required on this thread and hopefully I will make the next one. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • martmart Frets: 5165
    Neilybob said:

Last week I blacked out and was rush to hospital.  I had heart palpitations which has caused my black out and I’ve been put on bed rest for a while.  Also my driving licence has  been suspended pending further review. 

I will update any details required on this thread and hopefully I will make the next one. 
    Sorry to hear that, really hope you're feeling 100% soon.
  • @Neilybob really sorry to hear that. Take it easy and I hope you get better soon.
    It's not a competition.
  • @Neilybob - sorry to hear that.  Rest up, chap.

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

@Neilybob omg I'm so sorry mate. Hope you're up and about again soon
    Okay I have paid the deposit. Is this everyone?

@spark240

I'm already down for 13 songs so I'll wait until the end to plug in any gaps if needed
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    roberty said:

@spark240

I'm already down for 13 songs so I'll wait until the end to plug in any gaps if needed
    Im not sure how to answer that question Rob - yes Im on the list ;)

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    mrkb said:
    roberty said:

@spark240

Im not sure how to answer that question Rob - yes Im on the list ;)

Lol this is why I don't organise things
    edited January 2023
    I'm on the list and coming to the jam.
    It's not a competition.
    @Bennyboy-UK how is your recovery coming along?
  • Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1565
    edited January 2023
    Brocco said:
    @Bennyboy-UK how is your recovery coming along?
    Hey, hiya!

I’m a lot better than I was - taking it slowly and not overdoing anything.

We’ve been pretty ill in the house since then, 

I am enjoying a bout of food poisoning at the moment which is horrible and my wife has just finished a dose of covid.

I should be in good enough shape for the jam unless anything else happens! - let me know what I need to pay.

and I’ll await the plague of bleeding frogs that’s doubtless on the way…

Pretty miserable couple of months so far!

I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62, Vanguard.

Please drop me a message.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Neilybob said:

so sorry to hear this. don't be tempted to take any short cuts with your treatment!
    Bloody hell @Bennyboy-UK what a palaver. Glad to hear your situation is improving 
    edited January 2023
    As @Neilybob will sadly be unable to make it, we need to rethink the song list a bit. There's an updated list at the end of this post.

Get well soon @Neilybob

Die Laughing (Therapy)
    Any takers for bass on this one?

Jailkbreak (Thin Lizzy)
    He was down for 2nd guitar on Jailbreak, which I believe he suggested this as a song. I wonder whether we should drop it, to ease the load on @onlyonebradders and @roberty who are already heavily loaded. Also, it would save me from learing it (which I haven't played before) and possibly free me up to fill some of the other gaps.

Be Yourself (Audio Slave)
    Any takers for lead guitar on this? Could you cover the guitar parts @Brocco as you're already down for 2nd guitar, and it's mainly one guitar on the original as far as I can tell. Or would you prefer to stick to 2nd guitar in a support role, in which case we need someone for the Lead guitar slot

Spread Your Love (BRMC)

Gold On The Ceiling ((The Black Keys)

**Image removed. See more recent post for the latest update of the song list**

It's not a competition.
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4080
    edited January 2023
    I can probably chug some power chords on Jailbreak.  It's about my level.   :)

• Also does anyone fancy providing some BVs on Let's Dance?  As parts of it are quite high and I may need to pause for breath/decide which octave to sing it in.   ;)

Also does anyone fancy providing some BVs on Let's Dance?  As parts of it are quite high and I may need to pause for breath/decide which octave to sing it in.   ;)
    I might be able to - will check out how difficult it is to drum and sing backing at same time.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Happy to take under the bridge from Mark for drums as know it already. Also happy to lose a few as struggling a little with practice at the mo.  So if therapy and audioslave are postponed to next jam I’m happy. 
    I could probably get a good drum backing track (with a 2 bar count in) created for therapy and audioslave tracks if needed. Not as good as having real drums but better than nothing. If people want to do it I’ll see what I can find.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    edited January 2023
    mrkb said:
    I could probably get a good drum backing track (with a 2 bar count in) created for therapy and audioslave tracks if needed. Not as good as having real drums but better than nothing. If people want to do it I’ll see what I can find.
    Let's see if we get a taker on bass for 'Die Laughing (Therapy)' and lead guitar for 'Be Yourself (Audioslave)'.

I'm going through some of these songs at the moment, but don't want to overcommit at this stage because I've got stuff to work on for my band as well.

It's not a competition.
    edited January 2023
    I can probably chug some power chords on Jailbreak.  It's about my level.  

@onlyonebradders are you still OK to do Jailbreak? No problem if not.

@Jonathangus do you want to play Jailbeak on your own or with me? Now I listened to it properly I've realised it's quite straightforward, but I'm happy to bow out.

Btw. @roberty and @Jonathangus, I assume it will be the album version (just over 4minutes) rather than the shorter single version. Also, I'm assuming it will be in F# which is a semitone higher than the original sounds, as they're tuned down a semitone on the original.

It's not a competition.
    @stratman3142 okay so not detuned but played in the same position