Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Western Jam 2022, Saturday 1st October, Factory Studios, Bristol - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Western Jam 2022, Saturday 1st October, Factory Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited August 2022
    @mart thanks for that. That's filled a few bass slots. Here's an update list.

The blue rows indicate where we now have a fully lineup. 
    Note.People can still put their names down for these as we can have multiple run throughs with different lineups.

Note: there are actually a couple of guitars and brass fills on Rocks. So there's room for smeone else to chip in on that one. But I think it can be done with one guitar.

https://i.imgur.com/FW9zDmC.png

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4080
    Neilybob said:
    Last time we brought our own amps, but hired a kit as @onlyonebradders 's kit is (a) here in Reading, and (b) would need a load spent for new heads.
    Hey up. Another Reading-ite here. Car share? 
    Nice idea, but I'm likely to be heading over on Friday evening and spending a couple of nights with  @onlyonebradders (he's a bloody liar, there are definitely two of us), so unless you've got accommodation for the weekend, probably not going to work.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 493

Note.People can still put their names down for these as we can have multiple run throughs with different lineups.

Put me down for Lead Guitar on Lil Devil and Fortunate Son.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bobblehat said:

Put me down for Lead Guitar on Lil Devil and Fortunate Son.
    Note. I'll include that in the next update I post, after I get a few more responses.

@mart can you do bass on Fortunate Son. I believe you played on it last time? That would give another full line up.

It's not a competition.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    I cant drum and play guitar on Hard to handle - Im not that good ;)
    Am happy to sing and play rhythm guitar on the second run through though.

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    image.png 24K
  • @mrkb well spotted. I'll sort that out at the next update.

It's not a competition.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    mrkb said:
    Am happy to sing and play rhythm guitar on the second run through though.

why not ?

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 505
    Neilybob said:
    Last time we brought our own amps, but hired a kit as @onlyonebradders 's kit is (a) here in Reading, and (b) would need a load spent for new heads.
    Nice idea, but I'm likely to be heading over on Friday evening and spending a couple of nights with  @onlyonebradders (he's a bloody liar, there are definitely two of us), so unless you've got accommodation for the weekend, probably not going to work.
    Ah no it won't work then as I'm planning on traveling down for the day. 

Just double checking if we have a date for this jamboree yet? 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Have been trying to do this, but failed on both instruments

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 77
    Neilybob said:
    Neilybob said:

1st October
  • martmart Frets: 5165
    stratman3142 said:
    @mart can you do bass on Fortunate Son. I believe you played on it last time? That would give another full line up.

If I could still manage to do everything I've done in the past, I'd be a happy man. :) But yes, I've just checked Fortunate son and sure, I can (still) manage the bass on that. 
    mrkb said:
    Are you saying you'd find it hard to handle both guitar and drums at the same time? ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited August 2022
    mart said:
    ...I've just checked Fortunate son and sure, I can (still) manage the bass on that. 
    I think that gives us 5 songs that are covered and highlighted in blue. I've marked a few available slots relating to 2ND GTR/RHYTHM. So if anyone wants to take those it would definitely help, but I think we could get by without.

https://i.imgur.com/jDaNzui.png

It's not a competition.
    @stratman3142 you have greater confidence in my drumming and multitasking abilities than I do, re Run to you (Drum too? Yew!)  =)
  • mart said:
    @stratman3142 you have greater confidence in my drumming and multitasking abilities than I do, re Run to you (Drum too? Yew!)  =)

Another typo. Good that I've got a few proof readers :)

It's not a competition.
    Put me down for rhythm on H2H, You Shook Me, and Pretty Vacant.

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• @Jonathangus noted. Did you also want to play lead on H2H on one of the run throughs? I think you did last time.

It's not a competition.
    @Jonathangus noted. Did you also want to play lead on H2H on one of the run throughs? I think you did last time.

Oh, go on then.   :)

Put me down for Lead Guitar on Lil Devil and Fortunate Son and Rhythm on H2H , I prefer to play while I'm singing anyway.
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 505
    Brocco said:
    Neilybob said:
    Neilybob said:

1st October
    It's in the calendar! Thanks 
  • mrkb said:
    I can bring cymbals, kick pedal and snare for drums if needed. Just need studio to provide basic drum kit shells
    i have cymbals and kick pedal here.  No snare though.
  • @onlyonebradders can you have a look at the latest list and say which ones you can play drums on.

https://i.imgur.com/HTlrbbr.png

It's not a competition.

• Songs I'm happy to drum on based on remembering them from last time...
    Rocks, H2H, Under the Bridge, You give love a bad name, lil devil, richard 3, keep hands, is she going out, you really got me (learnt the VH version last time), just what, rebel rebel, entertainment,

Songs that I'll have to learn, fortunate son, my hero (pretty involved drums; it's the late great Taylor after all), you shook, get back (jammed it last time), run to you.  Perhaps some of the others at the end of the list but kinda depends on time for me.

• Songs I'm happy to drum on based on remembering them from last time...
    Rocks, H2H, Under the Bridge, You give love a bad name, lil devil, richard 3, keep hands, is she going out, you really got me (learnt the VH version last time), just what, rebel rebel, entertainment,

Songs that I'll have to learn, fortunate son, my hero (pretty involved drums; it's the late great Taylor after all), you shook, get back (jammed it last time), run to you.  Perhaps some of the others at the end of the list but kinda depends on time for me.

@mrkb has Fortunate Son covered on drums if you don't have time.

It's not a competition.
  • @onlyonebradders input has created a few more with a full line-up.

Latest list below, but let me know if there are any errors.

I can cover the bass on Just What I Needed, which I did last time. But happy to stand aside if there's a better offer.

https://i.imgur.com/AzZKQjE.png

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bobblehat said:
    Put me down for Lead Guitar on Lil Devil ... I prefer to play while I'm singing anyway.
    Do you still want to do sing Lil Devil in C# now that @mrkb is singing it in the original key of D.

No problem, if so, because we can tune down a half step.

It's not a competition.
    bobblehat said:
    Put me down for Lead Guitar on Lil Devil ... I prefer to play while I'm singing anyway.
    Do you still want to do sing Lil Devil in C# now that @mrkb is singing it in the original key of D.

No problem, if so, because we can tune down a half step.

No that's fine , happy to just play lead.
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 77
    calling @Tele-scopic @Vibetronic @spark240 @roberty - we could do with your input on the song list discussion  :)
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1023
    Brocco said:
    calling @Tele-scopic @Vibetronic @spark240 @roberty - we could do with your input on the song list discussion  :)
    no worries mate, I'll take a look shortly. Might suggest one or two but probably easier to join in the list we already have. I'm not fussy, happy to play rhythm or lead on most stuff and help out :)

In terms of backline or whatever, I'll be bringing my AX8 + monitor (or maybe a cab) which anyone is welcome to use, plus prob my Musicman, Ibanez and a Strandberg, which again anyone is welcome to if they are coming from further afield/have less capacity for gear.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    edited August 2022
    @Vibetronic ;;  makes a good point -  is there any gear (not that I own much) that anyone wants to particularly see/try ?   If that's within the scope of this  I realise its not a "show and tell"  type of event 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.