Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). The Football Thread. - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 9175
    Yea. A 'You'll never win anything with kids' for the modern age. The guy has a seriously poor footballing brain. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 6650
    Yea. A 'You'll never win anything with kids' for the modern age. The guy has a seriously poor footballing brain. 
    Didn't you pick Darwin Nunez to outscore Haaland this season too?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • swillerswiller Frets: 662
    Well done brighton. Lovely to see manure lose last minute. 60% possession 4 brighton, fully deserved.

Dont worry, be silly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4008
    swiller said:
    Well done brighton. Lovely to see manure lose last minute. 60% possession 4 brighton, fully deserved.

Using childish nicknames is a bit pointless on a guitar forum.... 

To be fair, totally deserved by Brighton, the better team on the day!  No idea what Shaw was thinking trying to slap the ball away
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CharlieShawCharlieShaw Frets: 347
    Huddersfield stay up! At 7 points from safety and mainly top teams left to play it looked all over in March. Hopefully Town can win the last game and ensure it’s not just the points deduction on Reading that keeps them up.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Huddersfield stay up! At 7 points from safety and mainly top teams left to play it looked all over in March. Hopefully Town can win the last game and ensure it’s not just the points deduction on Reading that keeps them up.
    I was glad to see Huddersfield failing this season as the fans were complete arseholes after the Luton playoff, but at the end of the day it's water under the bridge and we have had another enjoyable season, so well done surviving.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    swiller said:

Yeah, Man U are still a long way off to be honest. No depth to the squad, we can't patch things up and win when players are missing. I'll be gutted if we blow top 4, but still feeling confident. At least we have a trophy in the bag! Can't see us beating City for a second one though ...

Well done to Brighton, they have been excellent this season. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    axisus said:
    I was glad to see Huddersfield failing this season as the fans were complete arseholes after the Luton playoff, but at the end of the day it's water under the bridge and we have had another enjoyable season, so well done surviving.
    Well if Luton manage to make the final this season we’ll see how their fans react. Two days after Town fans invaded the pitch Forest fans did exactly the same celebrating making the final too. Not that I’m going to defend all town fans. I don’t like a lot of them myself!
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1416
    axisus said:
    Well if Luton manage to make the final this season we’ll see how their fans react. Two days after Town fans invaded the pitch Forest fans did exactly the same celebrating making the final too. Not that I’m going to defend all town fans. I don’t like a lot of them myself!

Colin's done an absolutely incredible job for sure. Hopefully you'll all stop banging on about VAR in the playoff final and being triggered by post-game fireworks by the local kebab shop in West Bridgford :D 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 10838
    After the Palace (Buckingham) had trouble caused by Harry (Prince) here's hoping that the Palace (Crystal) have no solution to the trouble caused by Harry (Kane). 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1024
    Come on Leeds.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    Come on Leeds.
    Yes was expecting a few Gunner fans cheering for us today - My near neighbour is a regular visitor to the Emirates and he wished me good luck this morning - We don't get many 3rd party fans wanting us to win - At least we won the 2nd half - And Haaland showing his true allegiance to his birth town by missing a few good chances
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Arsenal still in with a shout. On paper, that was the easiest of City's remaining 5 fixtures, with Everton, Chelsea, Brighton and Brentford to go. Could trip up on any of those. 

Come on Newcastle!!
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 2921
    joneve said:
    axisus said:

Colin's done an absolutely incredible job for sure. Hopefully you'll all stop banging on about VAR in the playoff final and being triggered by post-game fireworks by the local kebab shop in West Bridgford :D 
    Arf at Colin ;)
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

Well I think he’s a wanker and I’m a town fan!
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1024
    Great away win today. Showed some fight and resilience that was lacking in the other away games. Jorginho was excellent today, exactly the experience we needed in that midfield. I'm surprised Arteta didn't use him in the Liverpool and West Ham games where we needed to be more smart and manage the game. Odegaard was also superb, took his goal really well.

1 point behind but its a big ask to expect Everton and Brighton to beat City in coming games.
    Derby bottling the playoffs on the final day has been a highlight of my day.
    COYI!!!! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • swillerswiller Frets: 662
    edited May 2023
    Great away win today. Showed some fight and resilience that was lacking in the other away games. Jorginho was excellent today, exactly the experience we needed in that midfield. I'm surprised Arteta didn't use him in the Liverpool and West Ham games where we needed to be more smart and manage the game. Odegaard was also superb, took his goal really well.

1 point behind but its a big ask to expect Everton and Brighton to beat City in coming games.
    Agree. Top performance. Certainly wow factors amongst some of the players. Odegaard, jorginho absolute class. Arteta got it right with taking out bruno and midfield as key strategy. It broke up the channels into isak and front line. A great game for spectators. 
    I thought we (nufc) played well, had some blips in defending and were very competitive with an elite team. It was pretty close when all is said and done. West ham gave us a consolation prize.
    Its great to see , in any sport, 2 classy opponents going at it all guns blazing and think we saw that today.
    PS - with citys insane fixture calendar next week or so, they may well clap out a bit, get some injurys so deffo not over yet
    Dont worry, be silly.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4008
    swiller said:
    Its great to see , in any sport, 2 classy opponents going at it all guns blazing and think we saw that today.

As a Man U fan, we reallllllly did not see that ha

No idea what is wrong with this team at the moment, we are bloody awful to watch.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    COYI!!!! 
    God yeah, I have zero fingernails left now
    and I still disagree that 37 is guaranteed enough.  Our games in hand have gone now.

but I was not expecting a win today, perhaps a draw .  So that is a fab bonus and I though our front 5 were excellent

ive been dreading needing points against Leicester and Leeds who would want points too
    joeyowen said:
    swiller said:

No idea what is wrong with this team at the moment, we are bloody awful to watch.
    It's depressing, we have turned to sh*te after a mostly good season. I can't believe that Liverpool are right on our arse after their lousy form for the past year!?!? Most teams have a bad spell at some point, it's squeaky bum time getting it at the sharp end of the season though. Please please not bloody thursday football again next season ....
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    joneve said:

Who do you follow Jon? My Owl mates are annoyed at losing to FGR now!
    I play at my dining room table.
    Deadman said:
    joneve said:

Nottingham Forest mate. Hope Wednesday go up to be fair. 
    sev112 said:
    COYI!!!! 
    and I still disagree that 37 is guaranteed enough.  Our games in hand have gone now.

but I was not expecting a win today, perhaps a draw .  So that is a fab bonus and I though our front 5 were excellent

ive been dreading needing points against Leicester and Leeds who would want points too
    I think that we're fine now but let's see tomorrow. I think we're back in some kind of form now so I just don't see up getting no points against Leeds and Leicester, and I don't see them picking all picking up 7 points or whatever in three games.

Roll on the semi final. It's going to be electric! 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    joneve said:
    Deadman said:
    joneve said:

Nottingham Forest mate. Hope Wednesday go up to be fair. 
    They’ve had a ropey 2023 eh? Good luck to you lads for the run-in :+1: 
    I play at my dining room table.
    sev112 said:
    COYI!!!! 

I think that we're fine now but let's see tomorrow. I think we're back in some kind of form now so I just don't see up getting no points against Leeds and Leicester, and I don't see them picking all picking up 7 points or whatever in three games.

Roll on the semi final. It's going to be electric! 
    You are absolutely 100% safe with 37. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    joneve said:
    Damn.

That means Chelsea are safe too now
    :(
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 837
    joeyowen said:
    swiller said:

More league defeats this season than either of Ole's two full seasons now. Shocking away form continues. Only glimmer of hope is we get a week off before our next game (and again the one after it), but I'm worried about Liverpool who seem to be hitting some form just as we seem out of ideas. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    TTony said:
    joneve said:
    Damn.

That means Chelsea are safe too now
    :(
    Not mathematically, but I think West Ham and Bournemouth are almost certainly safe. I can't see any of the bottom 5 getting 9+ points from the remaining games.