Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). The Football Thread. - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Farcical.

Wherever Spurs finish this season will be higher than we deserve to.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 10838
    Our lack of ambition is shameful. We're a man up and do we pin them in their own penalty area with fast attacking play? Do we bollocks.

We got what we deserved.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 6650
    scrumhalf said:
    Our lack of ambition is shameful. We're a man up and do we pin them in their own penalty area with fast attacking play? Do we bollocks.

We got what we deserved.
    If you mean spurs I think you got a bit more than you deserved there.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12324
    Docoure was dumb, but Kane is just a rat, gets away with all kinds because he is England captain, fucking Crayon muncher 

He's always been like that. We all know that if he was called Henri Kané the press would give him a hard time for it but as we all know we all have to pretend otherwise. See also Stephane Gerrardo and Michel O'wen who were another two con artists. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    Everton v Spurs - Well that wasn't a good game until Everton gifted Spurs a penalty - After that it showed almost everything that is wrong with Spurs - Conte said some home truths about Spurs and that showed last night - If points were to be awarded for having some fight in your belly, a purpose, a reason to bust a gut and show everyone that you have some spunk in you and are willing to fight, then Everton showed that - Give Everton 3 points for that

Yet Spurs had a lot to play for - the chance of putting Man U out of the top 4 CL place, yet they showed no interest and/or ability in taking advantage of that - 2 shots on target all night and one of those was a penalty

Son and Kulusevski should be embarrassed to collect a wage packet this week/month - There were others but those two were poor - We know Spurs can be very easy on the eye at times, but that was just poor 

If one game alone, was to convince Kane that it is time to move on and play some good football with some good lads then this was it 

Spurs should be well better than last nights effort
  • CharlieShawCharlieShaw Frets: 347
    I’m so torn on Leeds - Forest game. In a completely miserable way. Can’t decide who I want relegated most  ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • AustrianJohnAustrianJohn Frets: 1658
    Docoure was dumb, but Kane is just a rat, gets away with all kinds because he is England captain, fucking Crayon muncher 
    Kane kicked the first Everton player - foul given against him (could have been yellow card). Carries on to kick Docoure after the whistle had gone (should have been yellow card). Then grabs Docoure (should have been another yellow card). 

Red card for Docoure was correct, but Kane should have seen red as well.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Kane kicked the first Everton player - foul given against him (could have been yellow card). Carries on to kick Docoure after the whistle had gone (should have been yellow card). Then grabs Docoure (should have been another yellow card). 

Meh. Not convinced myself. And I’m not a spurs fan.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4537
    edited April 2023

England captain, can do what he likes it seems. As I said docoure was stupid, but watching it back it looks like he is swinging to get Kanes arm away from him, and gets it all wrong 
  • AustrianJohnAustrianJohn Frets: 1658
    axisus said:

Meh. Not convinced myself. And I’m not a spurs fan.
    When was the last game where you thought the referee was gave 50:50 decisions against Kane? 
    tFB Trader
    Phew !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    tFB Trader
    I’m so torn on Leeds - Forest game. In a completely miserable way. Can’t decide who I want relegated most  ;)
    neither - I hope
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1416
    Phew !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You showed much more fight than we did. 

Played well for 15 mins then we sat back after the goal. Invited too much pressure and no sense of urgency. If the players were fighting for Cooper’s job last night, it was a funny way of showing it….no desire at all, with the exception of Felipe (who is world class) and Niakhaté at the back. 

We are in dire straits right now because if we go down, this squad won’t remain together and our brightest prospects will be snapped up by other PL teams. 
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4001
    joneve said:
    Phew !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Played well for 15 mins then we sat back after the goal. Invited too much pressure and no sense of urgency. If the players were fighting for Cooper’s job last night, it was a funny way of showing it….no desire at all, with the exception of Felipe (who is world class) and Niakhaté at the back. 

We are in dire straits right now because if we go down, this squad won’t remain together and our brightest prospects will be snapped up by other PL teams. 
    Forest have just backed Steve Cooper. 

Next 3 games - Villa (a), Man U (h), Liverpool (a)

Gone before end of April?

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    joneve said:
    Phew !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sincerely hope you stay up - And good to hear that they have decided to remove any rumour about Cooper and back him - Good to see especially in this current climate

Sinisterra, to me. has had to prove himself - Admittedly spent more time with the physio than the first team, but so far produced little - But had a good game last night - And Jack Harrison has re-gained his form since Jessie left 

But no one yet safe in that last nine 
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1416
    CHRISB50 said:
    joneve said:
    Phew !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forest have just backed Steve Cooper. 

Next 3 games - Villa (a), Man U (h), Liverpool (a)

Gone before end of April?
    Nope, I doubt they'll get rid of him before the end of the season now, regardless. Wouldn't matter who came in at this late stage - they wouldn't keep us up if a further run of bad form was the reason for him being sacked later this month. 

Villa (a) will define our season. Last time Cooper was publicly backed (after similar speculation), our form improved drastically. and very quickly. 

It's up to the players to decide if they want to fight to stay up, or whether they're just mailing it in. If I don't see any fight vs Villa, then I think the writing is on the wall and we'll be down regardless. If we fight and can somehow scrape a point, then we'll head back to the City Ground with some hope and the place will be an absolute cauldron - I've also not seen them lose at Home this season, and I've got tickets, so we're guaranteed at least a point :D 
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1042
    Just saw that Lampard has been appointed interim Chelsea manager! WTF! lol
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4537
    wibble said:
    He must have a great agent 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    wibble said:
    There now also linked with Conte to come back 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    wibble said:
    From a long-term project under Potter to the ultimate short-termist.
    tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:
    wibble said:
    To be fair, even if they gave Frank a long term job, he'll soon turn it in to a short term job 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    OK, I'll admit it, I have totally enjoyed Chelsea's abject failure of a season. It's so typically American to think that you can march in throw a TON of money at something and expect to do well. Todd Boehly ain't a football man and it shows. 

They will get it right somewhere down the line of course, I'm just making the most of this year!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I'm so glad we didn't get Mudryk. For the money they paid for him he's been shit so far and I truly don't think he wanted to go there in the first place.

Happy enough with Trossard who's done well since he's come in, he's got the PL experience and we got him for less money.

Big one vs Liverpool on Sunday. As long as don't get beat we'll be alright, as we usually get thumped up there in recent seasons.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 9175
    edited April 2023
    I gave my ticket away for last nights game. Decision of the year.
    4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Philly_Q said:
    wibble said:
    To be fair, even if they gave Frank a long term job, he'll soon turn it in to a short term job 
    I meant Conte, but you do have a point ...
    My best mate is a Hammers fan. Went round his to watch it. He wasn't happy.

Were looking pretty good for the first four minutes. They gave away 2 goals, then came right back into it.

That 3rd goal was the killer. And embarassing.

I feel for you. Really hope you lot stay up. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• CharlieShawCharlieShaw Frets: 347
    Newcastle and their filthy money. Their fans don’t care as long as it brings in the points.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    You persuaded someone to take it??.

:D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    edited April 2023
    Nicked off the BBC comments section, but worth a repeat…

You put Lampard in
    Take Potter out
    In, out, in, out
    Never winning nowt
    Do the hokey jokey and never turn it around 
    That’s what it’s all about
    Ohhhh hokey jokey Chelsea! 

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter