Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Wordle? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Wordle?

What's Hot

Comments

• The ones with repeating letters and single vowels are the trickiest, I find.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    5 today
    :(

Took me a while longer than usual too.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    Got confused on one of the recent days’ attempts. I had one letter in the correct Green spot,  next row i used that same letter also in another spot as well as the correct one (because it allowed me to come up with a real word and try some other letters).  It then showed the initial correct spot as Green again (obviously) but it also showed the repeated new letter as Orange.

there was the quandry - is it orange because there is also the Green same letter already, or because there is ANOTHER one of the same letter in the answer ?
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    edited January 2022
    sev112 said:
    Got confused on one of the recent days’ attempts. I had one letter in the correct Green spot,  next row i used that same letter also in another spot as well as the correct one (because it allowed me to come up with a real word and try some other letters).  It then showed the initial correct spot as Green again (obviously) but it also showed the repeated new letter as Orange.

there was the quandry - is it orange because there is also the Green same letter already, or because there is ANOTHER one of the same letter in the answer ?
    Just tried that on todays word, and putting in two of the same vowel. It showed one in the correct place as green, and the repeat as grey (ie incorrect). So it won’t show a second letter as orange if there’s only one in the word. Also tried with two duplicate letters in the wrong places and only one showed up as orange.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkb said:
    sev112 said:

Just tried that on todays word, and putting in two of the same vowel. It showed one in the correct place as green, and the repeat as grey (ie incorrect). So it won’t show a second letter as orange if there’s only one in the word. Also tried with two duplicate letters in the wrong places and only one showed up as orange.

reassuring..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• For a less polite version, try Sweardle:

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    Woohoo!  4 today!
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    4 today, got close with the very similar word in third go.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260
    Yeah, 4 today as well. Getting better!
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3144
    Got in 3 today :smug:
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 855
    edited January 2022
    Another tougher version though I'm not sure I entirely grasp the mechanics (as explained in the more information link) - Absurdle: Adversarial Wordle @ Things Of Interest (qntm.org)

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    6 today. It's been a long week..
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • failed today... went down the dupe letter rabbit hole like a sucker....  sh1t game anyway.. {sulks}
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 5625
    3, too.
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2424
    edited January 2022
    Got it in 4. Made a schoolboy error on the third guess, using the misplaced vowel in the same position.

But I am happy that using 'audio' on the first line and 'scent' on the 2nd line will give a 100% record in getting it in six, 75%in five, 50% within four, 25% with three, 10% in two (by not using scent). Unless it is scent... Or audio! 
  • On the third attempt.
  • On the third attempt.
    Yep, me too. Quite surprised!
    <space for hire>
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 6650
    edited January 2022
    ouija is a good word to use, lots of juicy vowels mmm nom nom
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    I usually start with ROUTE and DAISY. Those haven't been very helpful the last couple of days though.  
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8372
    edited January 2022
    tony99 said:
    ouija is a good word to use, lots of juicy vowels mmm nom nom
    I've been using 'IDEAL' and 'TOURS' to get the vowels and common consonants out, but I like your idea...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    I usually start with ROUTE and DAISY. Those haven't been very helpful the last couple of days though.  
    DAISY's a good one.  Brings in Y, the pseudo-vowel!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    I was using QUIET as a first word as three common vowels and I thought if they were going to get tricky there would be Q words. Now we've had a Q word recently I nicked AUDIO.  
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    Philly_Q said:
    But Y is hardly ever used, and if it is then it is usually the only letter possible.  Be interested to know how often it is Orange or Green in your experience?
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 967
    edited January 2022
    Guess 4 was too UK slang to be likely. Silly mistake. 

Wordle 209 5/6

*Edit: oh you can't share the guess grid on here? Hm. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    sev112 said:
    Philly_Q said:
    But Y is hardly ever used, and if it is then it is usually the only letter possible.  Be interested to know how often it is Orange or Green in your experience?
    I don't know, I haven't tried it yet.  I usually just start with two words with as many vowels as possible.  But there are plenty of words which end in Y, even if there aren't many which begin with it.

I must say, since playing this I have newfound respect for the people who go on Lingo and play this under time pressure in front of TV cameras!
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    4.  Again.

The 2&3 were pure luck.  One of the 5s was because I made a dumb mistake and the other one was the first double-letter word.

So I reckon my approach more-or-less guarantees a 4-go solution.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• 6 today!
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260
    3 today. My first 3!
  • On my fifth attempt today.